SFA to boycott Gazzas hall of fame dinner

.Williamson.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BBC and wider media thought it was hilarious to portray Ally's suicide by caricaturing him jumping from a high building. Mental Health charities condemned it (as did the club if I remember correctly)

This is worse as it's kicking a vulnerable person when he's already down. SFA need held to account for this.

45 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Headline news on Talksport at 12. Whether anyone thinks Gazza should or shouldn’t be in this hall of fame is one thing but the reasons he has now been excluded are disgusting. Shower of absolute arseholes 

As I thought this will roll and roll they will back track and gazza will tell then to fuck off

Watch them now start to say that it was always Paul’s welfare they had in mind. 

I wish someone would come out and put it right out there that this was a result of appeasing the unnamed bastards with a clear agenda who stated they wouldn’t attend the night. Are we honestly meant to believe the two things are a coincidence. 

They very well might have picked the wrong fight this time and I hope so but they shouldn’t get away with this being filed under a error in judgement. 

Disgraceful, shameless bastards. 

49 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

hopefully this doesn't become something they can sweep under the rug as usual and the mainstream media get tore into the cunts.

Absolutely and maybe the SFAs sponsors should be alerted to this disgraceful decision 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

He was inducted over a decade ago?

2007, has he refuted/relinquished/refused that accolade in support of Gazza, leading his former also inducted players by example ?

Never has there been a better time to ram home that Scotland is a very poor second to all things The Rangers.

4 minutes ago, backup said:

2007, has he refuted/relinquished/refused that accolade in support of Gazza, leading his former also inducted players by example ?

Never has there been a better time to ram home that Scotland is a very poor second to all things The Rangers.

Leave Walter be ffs. This isn't his fight.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

hopefully this doesn't become something they can sweep under the rug as usual and the mainstream media get tore into the cunts.

That's the thing though, in a normal situation the media would definitely get ripped in. In Scotland any treatment Rangers get is seen as fair game, I guarantee not one so called journalist, will call out anyone on this decision. They are cowards who know whats good for them and their careers.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Walter Smith will be more concerned about the mental health of Paul Gascoigne the man than the legacy of Gazza the footballer right now. I reckon he saw how this was going to play out from the moment he heard Gazza was being inducted, and that's why he's been largely silent on it. 

Part of me would like it if Walter, Gough, Ally, Goram and Laudrup asked to be removed from the HOF, and for Souness the former England skipper Butcher to be banging on about this down south. But I doubt it'd put any real pressure on these hypocritical shower of bastards.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Strange, I would say it is every Rangers past and present fight, edpecially those in a position to strike a telling blow, could start with our board of course.

A deprecation of Gazza by the mhank infested sfa/media is a direct slight on The Rangers

1 minute ago, backup said:

Strange, I would say it is every Rangers past and present fight, edpecially those in a position to strike a telling blow, could start with our board of course.

A deprecation of Gazza by the mhank infested sfa/media is a direct slight on The Rangers

I think it's telling that a retired 70 year old is largely keeping himself out of the limelight not just on this but on most Rangers and football matters.

I don't think it's fair or right there should be any demands or expectations from him 're this.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think it's telling that a retired 70 year old is largely keeping himself out of the limelight not just on this but on most Rangers and football matters.

I don't think it's fair or right there should be any demands or expectations from him 're this.

I know he also had been unwell, so on reflection you are probably correct on that one ?

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

They also had Stuart Pearce laying into them after he was on too. I don't think the SFA would have expected anything like the level of outcry we've seen so far. They've had it their own way for so long now, they just think they can do this kind of anti-Rangers bias and no one will give a toss. At least now folk outside our circle will see their true colours, and maybe some heads will roll! 

Archived