SFA to boycott Gazzas hall of fame dinner

.Williamson.

Gazza was nominated and the nomination was accepted, then the 'Chinese whispers' started led by Fenian trolls on the internet.  I do not believe that this on its own carried enough weight to persuade the HoF committee to rescind the invitation.  The real damage was done by the SFA members who decided not to attend the dinner, this was well summed up by Oliver Holt who wrote:

It was in the middle of last week that various influential members of the Scottish Football Association let it be known that they would boycott the awards dinner at Hampden Park because they did not consider Gascoigne a fitting role model. Pressure was applied. The Hall of Fame panicked.

So why is no one addressing the elephant in the room, who were these SFA cowards, why have they not been named in the media, I'm sure some of Scotland's "courageous journalists" know who they are.  They should be outed like the dogs they are. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad reality is that our haters are so delighted that this has happened they are missing the bigger picture. They can't see that it is for reasons such as this that Scotland will never been taken seriously as a footballing nation. We are a laughing stock.

All those years ago Gazza brought so much more than good football to Scotland, he gave us a huge worldly following and put us firmly back on the map - not just Rangers but Scotland. Much like Gerard is doing now.

This lunacy couldn't have happened at a worse time. Just as Scotland is getting a worldwide audience again, due to Gerard, the SFA have undone all the good in one foul swoop.

On Sky Sports Sunday Supplement now, giving a true, honest reflection of the genius footballer, our Gazza.  Giving the sfa a right roasting - "spineless,embarrassing,thoughtless idiots". 

What they d'ont realise or are afraid to say publicly is that Scottish football is about two teams, US and the tims. Unfortunately the sfa is run by the tims and anything Rangers is not on.

45 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

On Sky Sports Sunday Supplement now, giving a true, honest reflection of the genius footballer, our Gazza.  Giving the sfa a right roasting - "spineless,embarrassing,thoughtless idiots". 

What they d'ont realise or are afraid to say publicly is that Scottish football is about two teams, US and the tims. Unfortunately the sfa is run by the tims and anything Rangers is not on.

How I’d love it if this piqued the interest of one of those journalists and they decided to do an expose on the dirt engrained in Scottish football.  

30 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Aidan Smith. I wonder what side of the fence he might be on! Cunts not even hiding it. Embarrassing.

They can't make up their mind . The reason giving from the SFA seems to be down to his mental health issues , then we have some claiming it's down to his past behaviours and others going on about the amount of time here ? So what it is it . Their criteria is ever expanding as the days go on. 

Easy for me to say as I don't go to Scotland games and doubt very much if I ever will again but perhaps every Rangers fan should do the same and just steer clear of Scotland games altogether and starve these bastards of The Blue Pound until they finally get the message that Enough is Enough and Rangers will be treated like shite no more, In fact I would go even further and would support Rangers to the hilt should they wish to withdraw from The Scottish Cup indefinitely and really shine alight on these complete cunts.

4 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

They can't make up their mind . The reason giving from the SFA seems to be down to his mental health issues , then we have some claiming it's down to his past behaviours and others going on about the amount of time here ? So what it is it . Their criteria is ever expanding as the days go on. 

"Sure, he was a joy to watch at times in his 104 games up here, but his nomination still felt shallow."

That's quote from Gordon Waddell at the daily rag. 

Their being forced into a corner and coming out with any old shite to try and justify their decision.

Just now, Dickie1963 said:

Has the Committee who recommended Gazza resigned yet.

The blazer worth more than the humiliation ?

There waiting for the wee fenian sfa cabal to inform them on what the next move should be. Wouldn’t want them boycotting that fucking dinner.

If England ever play Scotland under Southgates tenure, his pre match and halftime speeches are sorted, I’d assume he would add “no quarter given”. The footballers of this generation grew up on his on field performances, and as flawed as he is, he is held in very high regard down here.

This dreadful treatment of an icon and legend of the modern game has shown the SFA to be petty wee parochial sectarian bigots, who are even to this day upset by ONE goal celebration he did in another century and the fact he was the best of his time and played for Rangers and not them. None of this is to do with anything else, that is their smokescreen to hide their petty petulance, and the fact that the boycotters have not stepped up to justify their actions and have hid behind the kilt of the SFA speaks volumes, even Sepp Blatter wouldn’t be this knifing and corrupt..

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

"Sure, he was a joy to watch at times in his 104 games up here, but his nomination still felt shallow."

That's quote from Gordon Waddell at the daily rag. 

Their being forced into a corner and coming out with any old shite to try and justify their decision.

The nomination isn't even the biggest issue as far as i'm concerned however if we are to go down that route does that mean the Brazilian Ronaldo can never be regarded as one of the best players we've seen because he played less games, do we rule out guys like Maradona, George Best and many others because of personal and off the field issues, no we don't. It's just nonsense. It doesn't matter how long Gazza was here. What matters is that when he was here he played some of his finest football and lit up Scottish Football. He is simply one of the most talented and high profile players not only to play for in this country but that have played for us. Yet, you have guys on the list who haven't even played in Scotland! 

Whether you think Gazza should be in it or not is the least important part in all of this in my opinion though. The most damning aspects of this are that he WAS to be inducted (whether anyone liked it or not). This would have been discussed, reviewed and approved by all relevant senior personnel within the committee. Then, all of sudden you have SFA personnel stating they won't be going (the hypocritical cunts!), which was followed by the Scottish Football Hall of Fame committee publicly telling the world Gazza's induction had been withdraw because health concerns, the fucking day after Mental Health Day. Gazza is clearly vulnerable but he has done so well over the last few years. The turnaround in his appearance has been quite frankly remarkable. This however could have a catastrophic setback, the results of which don't bear thinking about it. That might seem dramatic but no organisation should be dealing with delicate matters such as this in such an incompetent, unprofessional and uncompassionate manner. It's just not good enough and it's just disaster after disaster with all involved within Scottish football.

I also find it quite alarming (so far as I am aware) that not one Mental Health organisation have condemned this mess, the Scottish Football Hall of Fame committee have not further clarified matters, nor apologised, and not one shitebag within the SFA has cleared up who wouldn't be going to the ceremony. It's poor on so many levels.

6 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

What it also does is muddy the waters and the original reasons given are muddled in amongst it all. Damage limitation 101. 

Archived