SFA to boycott Gazzas hall of fame dinner

.Williamson.

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

I don’t want him near it either mate. I signed only because more voices the better. Just think being quiet plays in those bastards hands. We need to be heard. 

That was my reason for putting it up and signing it, and while I understand what 'Jeffrey' also means, I think the more signatures the better. 

https://www.change.org/p/friends-help-paul-gascoigne-enter-hall-of-fame?recruiter=11558573

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

I don’t want him near it either mate. I signed only because more voices the better. Just think being quiet plays in those bastards hands. We need to be heard. 

If you don't want Paul Gascoigne to be entered in to the SFA HoF then why sign a petition to 'Help Paul Gascoigne Enter The Hall Of Fame'?  You're signing a petition in support of an action you don't even want.  By signing it you give momentum, a voice rather than being "quiet" as you put it, to a petition that wants Gazza in to the HOF and you don't want that.  I'm just struggling to understand your logic here.  

Incidentally, I have signed the petition because I fully support its cause.  Paul is a Scottish football legend and deserves his place in the HoF.  The SFA have acted appallingly.

18 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That was my reason for putting it up and signing it, and while I understand what 'Jeffrey' also means, I think the more signatures the better. 

https://www.change.org/p/friends-help-paul-gascoigne-enter-hall-of-fame?recruiter=11558573

Yes, the more signatures the better.  Where this 'I don't want him in the HoF' mentality has come from fuck only knows.  

4 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

PS :- Not sure where this petition will go now that Gazza has basically told them to fuck off ..... can't blame him at all ... but feel it has let these animals responsible for this debacle off the hook for their atrociously blatant bigoted behaviour.

Cunts everyone of them and they deserve to be named and shamed for the ridiculous excuses they have used to deny him a place in Scottish football history .... a place where he brought the level of the game to one of it's highest levels with his exciting undeniable football skills.

But well done to all those Rangers fans who signed up to show their support for Gazza for the disgusting way he has been treated up here ... and he has recognised this in his online message to us who love him ...flaws and all.

Now standing at 17,775 Bobby..thanks for the link mate.
Liked the fact Gazza said THE PEOPLE are the ones who matter. 

15 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Now standing at 17,775 Bobby..thanks for the link mate.
Liked the fact Gazza said THE PEOPLE are the ones who matter. 

:cheers:

That's great news Scotty ... it's fairly rising, well done mate ...  the link is down to our mucker  Bears r us .... he's the one who deserves the credit for it ....?

Gazza knows who's on his side mate true enough.

:UK:

1 hour ago, TMB said:

If you don't want Paul Gascoigne to be entered in to the SFA HoF then why sign a petition to 'Help Paul Gascoigne Enter The Hall Of Fame'?  You're signing a petition in support of an action you don't even want.  By signing it you give momentum, a voice rather than being "quiet" as you put it, to a petition that wants Gazza in to the HOF and you don't want that.  I'm just struggling to understand your logic here.  

Incidentally, I have signed the petition because I fully support its cause.  Paul is a Scottish football legend and deserves his place in the HoF.  The SFA have acted appallingly.

Two sides to this. 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Yes, the more signatures the better.  Where this 'I don't want him in the HoF' mentality has come from fuck only knows.  

I assume it has come from the fact they have made such a cunt of things some fans now do not want him to be in it. I think he deserves to be in it and unless he comes out and says he would not now accept any nomination then the petition is a good way of showing our support to him. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

That's great news Scotty ... it's fairly rising, well done mate ...  the link is down to our mucker  Bears r us .... he's the one who deserves the credit for it ....?

Gazza knows who's on his side mate true enough.

It was no big deal mate but thanks for your thanks :cheers: and I think someone else also put it up after I did as well, the main thing is for fans to keep signing it. 

41 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s already hated by the Tarriers

Said this before.... At the end of manager McCoist's last victory over them, I remember Commons going round every single one of our players & shaking their hand. Since then, I always thought he was one of the better ones.

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It was no big deal mate but thanks for your thanks :cheers: and I think someone else also put it up after I did as well, the main thing is for fans to keep signing it. 

I put it up after you mate but unlike you I didn't know how to shorten the link and still get it to work, 18.3 k now

2 hours ago, Don54 said:

I put it up after you mate but unlike you I didn't know how to shorten the link and still get it to work, 18.3 k now

Well done mate, I just copied the link address and pasted it, I get things to work sometimes, more good luck most of the time. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I assume it has come from the fact they have made such a cunt of things some fans now do not want him to be in it. I think he deserves to be in it and unless he comes out and says he would not now accept any nomination then the petition is a good way of showing our support to him. 

This is it exactly mate. Yes, he deserves to be in the HOF, but as you say they have fucked it up only as they can do. 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

This is it exactly mate. Yes, he deserves to be in the HOF, but as you say they have fucked it up only as they can do. 

It is now a difficult situation because of how it has been handled. I would not expect them to change their minds now even if we get 100,000 signatures but it feels like we are doing something. 

It does seem as if someone close to Gazza has got him sorted and the way he (or someone else on his behalf) has responded today on Twitter has been great and he will probably be OK now, it is just hellish that he has been put through it by nasty ignorant people.

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It is now a difficult situation because of how it has been handled. I would not expect them to change their minds now even if we get 100,000 signatures but it feels like we are doing something. 

It does seem as if someone close to Gazza has got him sorted and the way he (or someone else on his behalf) has responded today on Twitter has been great and he will probably be OK now, it is just hellish that he has been put through it by nasty ignorant people.

It’s almost like people don’t even think before they put stuff out there. This man was one of the best and to be treated like this is incredible. You know what,  he’s in my HOF. Giant of a football player. SFA, you fucked this up! 

11 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

It’s almost like people don’t even think before they put stuff out there. This man was one of the best and to be treated like this is incredible. You know what,  he’s in my HOF. Giant of a football player. SFA, you fucked this up! 

He will be high up in many Rangers HoF and rightly so. :thumbup:

8 hours ago, TMB said:

Still shows he has support and I'm sure he's looked at it also Gazza holds the card's puts them taigs in a awkward position more than they are already in. If they come crawling back to ask he can say thank to his supporters and the thoughts then say to the SFA go and fuck. 

Look at his Facebook and Twitter lol

??

19 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Petition now over 19K and going strong Bud ..... mostly Rangers supporters .... I even spotted two from other clubs in Scotland  and both have roots in Ireland and even they agree Gazza was a genius and has been treated in a disgusting fashion.

41 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Petition now over 19K and going strong Bud ..... mostly Rangers supporters .... I even spotted two from other clubs in Scotland  and both have roots in Ireland and even they agree Gazza was a genius and has been treated in a disgusting fashion.

Good stuff. :cheers:

Archived