SFA to boycott Gazzas hall of fame dinner

.Williamson.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

The flute playing incident carried all the serious intent of the 'give the ref a yellow card', incident.   I am convinced many in Scotland hate Gazza for reasons which are three-fold: 1) he had an immense talent of which many were envious, 2) he is English and 3) he played for The Rangers.  Though I must admit surprise at their collective attitudes given that Scotland is the global bastion of 'sporting integrity'.

Was that not the same "incident" that had Davie Provan writing about it having a serious impact on the Northern Ireland peace process ?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Inigo said:

Never really understood the issue with playing an imaginary flute. Folk complain like the OO are a banned organisation. Why shouldn't he have mimicked them?

I’d be more concerned about a current Scotland international waving the flag of a foreign nation in front of millions of people tbh. :dunno:

7 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Hypocrites of the highest order considering who is already in the hall of fame. 

Or is it simply because he’s English and played for us that they don’t want to attend. 

That is exactly what their problem is,if Gazza had played for THEM they'd be fighting for tkts?

Theres another link on it also ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45829386

Paul Gascoigne: Hall of Fame nomination withdrawn

Gascoigne playing for Rangers against Kilmarnock in 1997

Former England and Rangers player Paul Gascoigne has had his nomination for the Scottish Hall of Fame withdrawn.

Gascoigne, 51, was one of a number of candidates suggested by the public before being chosen by a panel.

However, it was reported some of the Scottish FA board would boycott the awards dinner at protest.

The Scottish Football Hall of Fame said "a number of factors, including ongoing enquiries, and concerns over the state of Paul's health" were behind the move.

The awards dinner takes place on Sunday, 21 October at Hampden Park.

Gascoigne was voted Player of the Year in his first season in Scotland and played a part in Rangers winning nine league titles in a row.

He was to be inducted along with four others, including former Scotland international Julie Fleeting.

Gascoigne joined the Glasgow side in 1995 from Lazio and went on to play more than 100 times for the club over three years.

image.png

Surely the SFA have the power to remove Jock Stein due to him covering up the rape of children solely to protect the reputation of celtic? And if wife beating is a reason for refusal, surely Jinky Johnstone and Billy McNeill are going to be removed? If racism is an issue, surely Malky Mackay is going to be sacked, and Leigh Griffiths banned from playing for the national team again? 

Wait, none of them are connected with Rangers. Silly me. 

Pathetic, the dereliction of duty and pure contempt these cunts have all for the sake of their fenian bastardised paedophilic football club is mind boggling. 

It’s bad enough we have to watch our national team fall to the level where playing against the likes of Israel is regarded our level we have to endure these inept useless wankers being hell bent on making our football league a joke also. 

I would really like our club to come out in support of Gazza and rekindle the battle they were having earlier with the fenian spfl chairman.

8 minutes ago, Sander2006 said:

Theres another link on it also ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45829386

Paul Gascoigne: Hall of Fame nomination withdrawn

Gascoigne playing for Rangers against Kilmarnock in 1997

Former England and Rangers player Paul Gascoigne has had his nomination for the Scottish Hall of Fame withdrawn.

Gascoigne, 51, was one of a number of candidates suggested by the public before being chosen by a panel.

However, it was reported some of the Scottish FA board would boycott the awards dinner at protest.

The Scottish Football Hall of Fame said "a number of factors, including ongoing enquiries, and concerns over the state of Paul's health" were behind the move.

The awards dinner takes place on Sunday, 21 October at Hampden Park.

Gascoigne was voted Player of the Year in his first season in Scotland and played a part in Rangers winning nine league titles in a row.

He was to be inducted along with four others, including former Scotland international Julie Fleeting.

Gascoigne joined the Glasgow side in 1995 from Lazio and went on to play more than 100 times for the club over three years.

image.png

Julie Fleeting...

:lol:

I worked with Jinky in the 1980s at Lafferty builders and found him to be a decent enough guy and he was always pleasant when I spoke with him. I got talking to Willie Henderson at NARSA in Vancouver and he told me he visited Jinky in his death bed.They were great friends.Jinky was a superb player,one of the best of his generation but like many others  the demon drink got the better of him and badly affected his family.. I think Jinky was involved in a car crash when he was drunk and the other driver was seriously injured and it made the papers back then.It was ironic as he got the job of driving Frank Lafferty about as you've guessed it...Frank lost his DL for drink driving.I don't think that drink driving was viewed as seriously in the 1980s as it is now.It certainly didn't stop the celtic fans voting him as there greatest ever player and erecting a statue for him.I guess times and attitudes change over the years

Archived