SFA to boycott Gazzas hall of fame dinner

.Williamson.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That Stuart Cosgrove will be creaming himself. He was calling for this last weekend. 

Would that be same Cosgrove who uses sectarian slurs towards Rangers fans and is more than happy to host a show alongside a fat misogynist like Cowan?

I’d actually have more respect for them if they’d just said we won’t have him because of the allegations of domestic abuse (although that would open a can of worms with the Hall of Fame). I’d even show them a grudging respect it if they said it was because he was an English guy playing for Rangers, and we hate both of those, because despicable as that would be, at least it would be truthful. But the nauseating mealy-mouthed hypocrisy of ‘a number of factors including his mental health’ makes me puke, as if they could care less about him. If you’re going to be a bastard at least be straight about it. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Dear fuck, the comments under your article :megaanguish:

Just reminded me (if I needed it) why I despise these epsilon retards

A strange mixture of hypocrisy, bigotry and fake news.

Fuck the SFA and fuck building bridges.

D5BC4CB8-EA8C-4829-8F30-53852D209A32.thumb.jpeg.c4fca07af1775cb649cbab02e487e632.jpeg

An unblievably talented player who has been battling addiction and mental health problems for years who should be receiving support for getting health again not public humiliation by prejudicial, bigoted, self absorbed,  victim playing wankstains in the upper echelons of Scottish football.

Big change is needed and I sincerely hope the club are preparing a statement on this that will not beat around the bush. Hopefully they realise that we cannot build bridges with such prejudice being demonstrated so crassly.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

You seem to have taken a completely different stand on Gazza now to the one we have witnessed on here and on twitter bad mouthing him.

IMG_1847.thumb.PNG.3c217b9f693ef47f3f031

You seem to have failed in basic English comprehension. One has nothing to do with the other. Gascoigne's HoF nod was based on what he done on the pitch during his time in Scottish football and is well deserved. The HoF has absolutely no relation to anything that happened after he left Ibrox (or retired from playing).

The Tweet you've so desperately went searching for was, as was explained repeatedly in the thread, relating to the double standard of people being outraged about someone (Leigh Griffiths) being used in a TV advert despite being outed as a racist while at the same time all rushing out to buy tickets to an event involving Gascoigne following his racism conviction.

There's absolutely no doubt Gascoigne should be in the Hall of Fame for what he done on the pitch as a Rangers player. He's up there with the very best I've ever seen but that doesn't mean that there can be excuses made for certain events in his life away from football. Same goes for a number of other players already in the HoF like Goram, Johnstone & Gallagher. I even say in the article that there is no excuses that can be made on his behalf for stuff like domestic violence but it doesn't take away from his unquestionable talent on the pitch - which is what the HoF is about. Were they only to have inducted people who lived whiter than white lives away from football there would be far fewer inductees than there are currently.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You seem to have failed in basic English comprehension. One has nothing to do with the other. Gascoigne's HoF nod was based on what he done on the pitch during his time in Scottish football and is well deserved. The HoF has absolutely no relation to anything that happened after he left Ibrox (or retired from playing).

The Tweet you've so desperately went searching for was, as was explained repeatedly in the thread, relating to the double standard of people being outraged about someone (Leigh Griffiths) being used in a TV advert despite being outed as a racist while at the same time all rushing out to buy tickets to an event involving Gascoigne following his racism conviction.

There's absolutely no doubt Gascoigne should be in the Hall of Fame for what he done on the pitch as a Rangers player. He's up there with the very best I've ever seen but that doesn't mean that there can be excuses made for certain events in his life away from football. Same goes for a number of other players already in the HoF like Goram, Johnstone & Gallagher. I even say in the article that there is no excuses that can be made on his behalf for stuff like domestic violence but it doesn't take away from his unquestionable talent on the pitch - which is what the HoF is about. Were they only to have inducted people who lived whiter than white lives away from football there would be far fewer inductees than there are currently.

You seem to have failed in holding an opinion no shock here I must say. Good Luck on the next bandwagon you hitch yourself too.   

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Smile said:

You seem to have failed in holding an opinion no shock here I must say. Good Luck on the next bandwagon you hitch yourself too.   

giphy.gif

I have? Weird then that you're pissing and whining about me having an opinion. No idea which bandwagon you think I've hitched myself to though.

1 hour ago, Inspector Sams said:

I’d actually have more respect for them if they’d just said we won’t have him because of the allegations of domestic abuse (although that would open a can of worms with the Hall of Fame). I’d even show them a grudging respect it if they said it was because he was an English guy playing for Rangers, and we hate both of those, because despicable as that would be, at least it would be truthful. But the nauseating mealy-mouthed hypocrisy of ‘a number of factors including his mental health’ makes me puke, as if they could care less about him. If you’re going to be a bastard at least be straight about it. 

Using his mental health issues was their way of thinking they were avoiding opening a can of worms if they cited domestic violence or even sectarianism. What they have completely misjudged is they have opened an even bigger issue by implying they are withdrawing the award as a result of his mental health problems which has opened the issue into a much wider audience and an audience they will get little sympathy from. I am surprised MIND has not commented on this. 

13 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Disgusting decision from a disgusting organisation

I'm sure a rendition of one Paul Gascoigne at Hampden in a few from us weeks will mean more to him than this anyway so hopefully he gets that

Let's save it for the final and have a Gazza version of our Oranje Day

Archived