Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BridgeIsBlue

Ruud Gullit

Recommended Posts


Yeah, Gullit said on a TV interview before Coop's death that he was one of the most skilful players he's played against, and he admired him hugely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goianegra said:

Brought a smile to my face seeing Ray Wilkins chip in at the end there. Crazy that he left us this year too ?

Davie was my all time favourite player so it's great to see he was so highly rated by a talent such as Rudd Gullit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember watching Scotland v Netherlands quite a number of years ago . I went along as I believe it was Jim Betts Scotland debut .

A very young Ruud Gullit played in that game - class was on show even then .  Bett also had a good game IIRC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing to think that over a 21 year spell (1977-98), we had Coop, Walters then Laudrup on our left wing.  Few clubs can have been graced with such fantastic wingers over such a period.  I think myself very lucky to have been there and witnessed all three of these greats play for our team.

I wonder if the friendly Gullit refers to is the 3-3 KLM Cup game played at Ibrox at the back end of 1984?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, Gullit said on a TV interview before Coop's death that he was one of the most skilful players he's played against, and he admired him hugely.

When did they play against each other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a player,although to be honest,1 great,3,mediocre games was coops form,but when he was in the mood,he was untouchable,always turned up in the big games,cup finals,against the smellies!!remember his testamonial at ibrox and his lap of honour,was close to tears!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's remarkable the way Gullit has kept talking about this for decades. Coop must have made a hell of an impression on him. He was banging on about him in that clip in the early 90s posted above, he included him in his FourFourTwo dream team about 10 years ago or so and now he's bringing him up again. A 20 year career played at the highest level and one friendly game against a guy playing, at the time, in one of the worst Rangers sides ever made such an impact on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamieD said:

It's remarkable the way Gullit has kept talking about this for decades. Coop must have made a hell of an impression on him. He was banging on about him in that clip in the early 90s posted above, he included him in his FourFourTwo dream team about 10 years ago or so and now he's bringing him up again. A 20 year career played at the highest level and one game against a guy playing, at the time, in one of the worst Rangers sides ever made such an impact on him.

it was almost the same speech.

visions of Ruud going over his favourite players in his head at night in bed, thinking of everything to say about them as mantra - the way he talks about Coop is almost worship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tufts1690 said:

it was almost the same speech.

visions of Ruud going over his favourite players in his head at night in bed, thinking of everything to say about them as mantra - the way he talks about Coop is almost worship.

It's like the fanboying I did over Roberto Baggio when I was 7, except this is a man in his 50s :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...