Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BridgeIsBlue

Ruud Gullit

Recommended Posts


Poor mans Carlos Pena.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Gullit said on a TV interview before Coop's death that he was one of the most skilful players he's played against, and he admired him hugely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's always raved about Cooper so I'm not surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see Coop keeping Zidane and Ronaldinho on the bench.

:UK:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

 

Brought a smile to my face seeing Ray Wilkins chip in at the end there. Crazy that he left us this year too 😞

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one hell of a complement when you look at the rest of Gullit's team .

Well said big man.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coop in his prime today would be able to play for anyone .

An absolute joy to watch him play and with the ball on that left foot there were few better , even now 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goianegra said:

Brought a smile to my face seeing Ray Wilkins chip in at the end there. Crazy that he left us this year too 😞

Davie was my all time favourite player so it's great to see he was so highly rated by a talent such as Rudd Gullit.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember watching Scotland v Netherlands quite a number of years ago . I went along as I believe it was Jim Betts Scotland debut .

A very young Ruud Gullit played in that game - class was on show even then .  Bett also had a good game IIRC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing to think that over a 21 year spell (1977-98), we had Coop, Walters then Laudrup on our left wing.  Few clubs can have been graced with such fantastic wingers over such a period.  I think myself very lucky to have been there and witnessed all three of these greats play for our team.

I wonder if the friendly Gullit refers to is the 3-3 KLM Cup game played at Ibrox at the back end of 1984?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, Gullit said on a TV interview before Coop's death that he was one of the most skilful players he's played against, and he admired him hugely.

When did they play against each other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew instantly what this would be about before I clicked the link. Nice to hear that he still thinks that way after what, 30 years? Also nice to hear him expand on his original quote a bit. Thanks for sharing!  :tu: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

When did they play against each other?

A friendly when Gullit was at Feyenoord. Assume it was this...

Rangers v Feyenoord

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a player,although to be honest,1 great,3,mediocre games was coops form,but when he was in the mood,he was untouchable,always turned up in the big games,cup finals,against the smellies!!remember his testamonial at ibrox and his lap of honour,was close to tears!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed he missed out big Tam , Doddie and Calimero. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's remarkable the way Gullit has kept talking about this for decades. Coop must have made a hell of an impression on him. He was banging on about him in that clip in the early 90s posted above, he included him in his FourFourTwo dream team about 10 years ago or so and now he's bringing him up again. A 20 year career played at the highest level and one friendly game against a guy playing, at the time, in one of the worst Rangers sides ever made such an impact on him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamieD said:

It's remarkable the way Gullit has kept talking about this for decades. Coop must have made a hell of an impression on him. He was banging on about him in that clip in the early 90s posted above, he included him in his FourFourTwo dream team about 10 years ago or so and now he's bringing him up again. A 20 year career played at the highest level and one game against a guy playing, at the time, in one of the worst Rangers sides ever made such an impact on him.

it was almost the same speech.

visions of Ruud going over his favourite players in his head at night in bed, thinking of everything to say about them as mantra - the way he talks about Coop is almost worship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tufts1690 said:

it was almost the same speech.

visions of Ruud going over his favourite players in his head at night in bed, thinking of everything to say about them as mantra - the way he talks about Coop is almost worship.

It's like the fanboying I did over Roberto Baggio when I was 7, except this is a man in his 50s :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×