3 minutes ago, JamieD said:

It's like the fanboying I did over Roberto Baggio when I was 7, except this is a man in his 50s :lol:

haha great way of putting it.

Ruud opening up a shiny panini Coop and losing his head 😂

s-l1600.jpg

In the early to mid 80's Coop was my main reason for going to Ibrox. On his day he was world class but was always underrated in my opinion..Magnificent dribbler what a left foot and great at set pieces...Gullit knew a player that's for sure. I couldn't believe it when the news came through in March 95 that he'd collapsed...any other country he'd have had a lot more international caps...

Fuck the gallowgate

It is unbelievable seeing Coop there with some of the greatest players ever to have lived. To think that he is held in that regard is a wonderful thing. He was such a humble person I'm not sure what he'd make of it all. 

Thanks ger-onimo👍

Back in the day when you wanted to be a CDM..it was a Cooper,Durrant or McCoist😁

God bless the Moody Blue❤️❤️

• Like 1

For the bears who watched Cooper week in and week out, what was his reputation like at the time? Was he revered the same way that Laudrup and Gazza were? Was there an outcry he wasn't getting more Scotland caps?

Yes.

At his testimonial against Bordeaux, I had tears in my eyes. That was the esteem he was held in. Then when he left it was a major shock. Moreso on his sudden death. A true legend.

On 16/10/2018 at 21:01, Ger_onimo said:

Thats quality him posting that, cooper really must have blown him away that time they faced each other.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 14:05, Goianegra said:

Brought a smile to my face seeing Ray Wilkins chip in at the end there. Crazy that he left us this year too 😞

only the good die young never more true in that clip.

Super Cooper and Butch both gone but that cunt White still stealing oxygen 

• Like 1

On 16/10/2018 at 21:01, Ger_onimo said:

the last goal was in the Scottish cup final replay against Dundee Utd. must have been 82 ish .

midweek replay .can remember having it recorded on betamax and I watched it like weans watch toy story and ice age these days 

back then he was really the only decent player we had .a lot of guys who played are well thought of now ,but at the time were only average players