**Official Football Manager 19 thread**

MrMeeseeks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started a new patch game with Havant & Waterlooville (local team where I live).

First season became the surprise package in the league finishing 5th. The English conference play-offs are even more fucked than ours! So I played 6th at home (1 leg) before meeting Wrexham away in the 'Play-off Semi Final'. Despite being behind most of the game we equalised late on and even took the lead in extra time. Wrexham scored in the 120th minute and beat us on pens, I was gutted.

Got promoted as champions the following season and we were sitting around 5th halfway through the 3rd season. Took the Milwall job in January sitting bottom of the Championship. No money and big wages saw us get relegated. I've managed to move on most of the team and replace them with much cheaper, plus the % wage drops really helped out.

Jake Cooper is a beast on the game.

1 hour ago, Johnsey said:

I started a new patch game with Havant & Waterlooville (local team where I live).

First season became the surprise package in the league finishing 5th. The English conference play-offs are even more fucked than ours! So I played 6th at home (1 leg) before meeting Wrexham away in the 'Play-off Semi Final'. Despite being behind most of the game we equalised late on and even took the lead in extra time. Wrexham scored in the 120th minute and beat us on pens, I was gutted.

Got promoted as champions the following season and we were sitting around 5th halfway through the 3rd season. Took the Milwall job in January sitting bottom of the Championship. No money and big wages saw us get relegated. I've managed to move on most of the team and replace them with much cheaper, plus the % wage drops really helped out.

Jake Cooper is a beast on the game.

I always play the mobile game as Havant and Waterlooville just from playing the older games as them it's a fun challenge. 

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I always play the mobile game as Havant and Waterlooville just from playing the older games as them it's a fun challenge. 

I used to live in Waterlooville, it was a bit of a shite merger between the 2 in 1998. Waterlooville had quite a wealthy owner and a lovely stadium that was due to be converted to an all seater. But they sold it when they merged and moved to Havant's ground, which is OK but typical non league ground. 

They've had some old lower league legends over the years like Dean Holdsworth and most recently James Hayter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2019 at 09:24, wully said:

Dont have weans if you want to keep on playing FM. 

Get my fix at 1am on a Friday night now. Not the same. 

I forget half my team by the time I get back to the game.

3 minutes ago, wully said:

6 games into the season with Everton and the players have lost confidence in me.

New laptop comes tomorrow and I can join.you at northwich Victoria as your number 2

Got the bug for this game again. 

Started a new game as the manager of Clyde. Literally no transfer budget. Had to scour the market for 3 or 4 freebies to help me get promoted. Managed to get the board to agree to me bringing in more coaches and scouts. 

1st season champions of league 2. 

Second season I absolutely smashed league 1 and finished champions with 30 wins 5 draws and 1 loss. Won the challenge cup. Got papped out of the Scottish cup by the puddle drinkers in the 5th round. Didn't get past the group stages of the Betfred cup. 

Gerrard left for Brighton in my save. I declared my interest for the job but they've given it to McAllister in the interim (peak Rangers) but to be fair. There's 3 games to go in the league and he has us 5 points clear of them. My seasons finished so I'm attending the old firm game. 

Love this game man.😂

Archived