**Official Football Manager 19 thread**

MrMeeseeks

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's everyone found the beta so far? Apart from the daily saves for the amount of crashes that happen I think it's actually one of the most smooth betas they've ever released.

Still trying to get my head around the training but hoping someone cracks it and releases a download for it.

Match engine is silky smooth but still has it's kinks that can be worked out. 

The tactics are fantastic now, starting with a base and evolving it over the friendlies etc is far more rewarding. This has been a major pain for me since 2012 but thankfully seems to have got it right.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

How's everyone found the beta so far? Apart from the daily saves for the amount of crashes that happen I think it's actually one of the most smooth betas they've ever released.

Still trying to get my head around the training but hoping someone cracks it and releases a download for it.

Match engine is silky smooth but still has it's kinks that can be worked out. 

The tactics are fantastic now, starting with a base and evolving it over the friendlies etc is far more rewarding. This has been a major pain for me since 2012 but thankfully seems to have got it right.

Iv found if u change the settings to windowed in preferences u get alot less crashes. Still the odd one mind u. 

43 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Iv found if u change the settings to windowed in preferences u get alot less crashes. Still the odd one mind u. 

Wish I could but I've only got a 1366x768 monitor. It's ok when I hook it up to the tv for 1080 I can put it in windowed then but for normal play it has to be full screen. Not had many crash dumps, if they do happen it's on silly things like confirming training or changing staff responsibility. Far gone from the 2010 beta where every day had a crash, back then you really were the test dummy.

8 hours ago, Blackandra said:

That's it. Time to shut down this....

20181021_223402.jpg

I did say.....

The fact that Eduard is a wonderkid and Tierney goes for that amount, screams of the taig researcher and taig loving Scottish researcher over rating them again. Might have to scale them down in the editor as well as bumping us up.

If I was you though I'd report that as a bug, since they'd have to look at that before the game comes out.

On 21/10/2018 at 22:35, Blackandra said:

That's it. Time to shut down this....

20181021_223402.jpg

It's weird in FM17, he would go for big bucks but in FM18 they seemed to calm it down. I had a game 10yrs in and he was still at celtic. Obviously back to being over-rated this year it seems.

On 25/10/2018 at 00:39, Jeffrey said:

Beat Sheffield Wednesday 4-2 in the final to get promoted

Came 6th in the league so didn't expect to win it at all. Saiz has 7 goals and 3 assists in his last 5 games, talk about stepping up when it matters!

Look at the goals for and against, honestly am having 5-3 games every other week. Absolutely ridiculous. Last 2 games were 5-2 and 5-3 losses

C432CD929AF8235B4B733653442A8C0D19647D1C

2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Look at the goals for and against, honestly am having 5-3 games every other week. Absolutely ridiculous. Last 2 games were 5-2 and 5-3 losses

C432CD929AF8235B4B733653442A8C0D19647D1C

Deleted the save cos it's fucking ridiculous

Last 9 results are 4-2, 5-0, 2-0, 3-5, 2-5, 1-4, 2-2, 2-5, 4-4

28 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Deleted the save cos it's fucking ridiculous

Last 9 results are 4-2, 5-0, 2-0, 3-5, 2-5, 1-4, 2-2, 2-5, 4-4

Definetly have a play about with the tactics. Since the release today I've shifted to a far more defence minded and getting 2-0,3-1 etc . 4-4-1-1 with a poacher and a wide target man are doing the job for me.

11 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Definetly have a play about with the tactics. Since the release today I've shifted to a far more defence minded and getting 2-0,3-1 etc . 4-4-1-1 with a poacher and a wide target man are doing the job for me.

On the beta I played a 4-4-1-1 counter and won my 1st Europa game 14-0 :lol:

Only signed Alena on loan from Barca and Xadas from Braga. Two class players hopefully still available on the full release.

On 04/11/2018 at 15:47, philiprfc said:

I got the beta ages ago but between RDR and AC I never got into it. Have started a game with us in the last few days. Really enjoying it as usual, Morelos leaves a lot to be desired though ?

Play Morelos as a pressing forward attack or poacher upfront himself. Has banged in 18 goals by November for me. Having to fight off major interest from Leverkusen and Everton now. Luckily I have Joveljic and Gronli to cover if he does go.

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Play Morelos as a pressing forward attack or poacher upfront himself. Has banged in 18 goals by November for me. Having to fight off major interest from Leverkusen and Everton now. Luckily I have Joveljic and Gronli to cover if he does go.

All I've got are pressing forwards, it's pure no working haha. Lafferty is my top gs with 13 in March. Shocking man.

It's a pain in the cunt cause I hit the woodwork at least 2 times a game or my attacker canny lose their man in the box and it gets deflected away.

4 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

I will need to get a new laptop yo play this now. Can only run one league in 18 and its still really slow

Get yourself one with an i5 processor, 8gb of ram and if possible a SSD. Will run like a dream then, had to upgrade this year too even though the game does run quicker. 

13 hours ago, philiprfc said:

All I've got are pressing forwards, it's pure no working haha. Lafferty is my top gs with 13 in March. Shocking man.

It's a pain in the cunt cause I hit the woodwork at least 2 times a game or my attacker canny lose their man in the box and it gets deflected away.

Haha not good then. I've hardly played Lafferty, if you can screenshot your tactics and I'll have a look. I try make sure by October I've got 3 tactics to rely on so that the other teams can't figure me out.

Started a season with Queens Park. Finished 2nd in the Betfred Cup group with Hamilton, Airdrie, Berwick and Edinburgh, winning all bar a 4-2 loss to Hamilton. 

No played it in years but can feel myself getting hooked already ?

Archived