Are we on the verge of finding our best 11?

3 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Aye they would need replaced right enough, I'd love for every one of them to stay, it's probably unrealistic tho.

Laughing if we could get Kent and/or Coulibaly on permanent deals, can't see Ejaria happening but then I couldn't see Stevie G in the club tie either yet here we are!

It could be possible if we used next seasons transfer money on them then strengthened our squad with other loans. Plus I think all our players, except McGregor will be better next year. Katic should definitely be in the team before Worrell. We haven't kept a clean seat since Worrell replaced Katic. Katic is a little raw, but playing a full season will make him a lot better next year. 

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic

Arfield Coulibaly Ejaria

Candeias Morelos Kent

Subs: Foderingham, Worrall, Flanagan, Jack, Dorrans, Middleton, Lafferty

RW spot up for grabs because any of Candeias, Middleton or Grezda could take that, hopefully Grezda happens to be even better than Candeias and Middleton because that'll mean we have some player on our hands. Also I think if Jack comes in for anybody then it's Arfield and not Ejaria at the minute. But even though I like Jack I think he just misses out as it stands. Barisic hasn't been GREAT yet but he's bagged some assists and should improve and having Flanagan at LB completely stops the attacks down the left. I like Worrall but Katic is still a no brainer for me, for me he's been even more consistent than Goldson. 

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Katic Flanagan

Arfield Coulibaly Dorrans

Candeias Morelos Kent

If Dorrans can get back to full fitness and back on form I’d take him ahead of Ejaria. 

Flanagan is starting to win me over ahead of Barasic (for now), Barasic will be a massive player for us once he settles down.

Its hard to pick a best 11 right now. 

I think we have a settled 7 with the other 4 alternating depending on opposition and 4G pitches.   Flanagan has been outstanding in the last 2 games but vs your lower sides we need a more attacking fullback. Ejaria for me wouldn’t be playing at hibs,hearts the sheep or parkhead. Candeias more Home games than away for him as the pitches are a lot narrower.  

Theres probably more adjustments to be made but the 1s above are quite obvious 

I think until we start to find consistency home and away we can't talk about a best 11 - we will rotate throughout the season though. We've been great at Ibrox but so disappointing away. Some of that has to fall to Gerrard and his selections for particular games. I was really puzzled why Katic was dropped for Worrall at Livingston. I'm not saying that was the reason we lost the game but just was a poor decision for me. I'd rather we started out stronger players and brought someone like Worrall off the bench. It would be different if we were clear at the top of the league but we need  to be winning these games.  

We have lots of options.

Good options at centre half.

Barasic & Ejaria are both more attacking players who are great for games at home but we also have Flanagan & Jack who can come in and make us a more solid unit for the more scrappy home games and difficult away games.

We have four wingers, with three of them looking good and one highly rated.

Lafferty is a good back up and/or alternative to Morelos.

Ideal world we add a couple more in January but I’m really happy with the options we have at the moment.

10 hours ago, Marky. said:

I think Jack comes in for Ejaria for some games. There’s the option to rotate that.

Genuinely don’t think we have a complete, set in stone best 11. We have so many options though it’s great.

Even someone like Glenn Middleton stepping up to play a role is such a bonus.

could have wrote that myself. would add that we have a large amount of players that can be relied upon to put in a good performance 

seems to be a case of all play well or all have a bad game