Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Redwhiteandblue

David Bates

Recommended Posts

Has played 7 games so far, conceded 1 goal after 6 shutout's in a row. 

I know he's playing for a massive club in the "wrong" league but I have a feeling we are going to regret letting him go big time. 

On a side note, £8 million for Worrall? Then how much is Bates really worth? With it being a free transfer, we won't even have a buy back, or sell on percentage. 

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=72597

 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-bates/profil/spieler/272539

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Did we offer him a contract? If we did, was it the sort of contract you would expect for a first team Rangers player? 

Pennies comparatively to what Hamburg offered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Did we offer him a contract? If we did, was it the sort of contract you would expect for a first team Rangers player? 

We offered him 3 or 4k I think. He'll be on at least 3 times that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probable that he is playing more first team games there than he would have done with us. I hope he does well and comes back and  at some point plays again for us. He looks much more comfortable on the ball than he did when he was with us .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

It's probable that he is playing more first team games there than he would have done with us. I hope he does well and comes back and  at some point plays again for us. He looks much more comfortable on the ball than he did when he was with us .

I quite liked him but I.dont think he's better than any 3 we have the now so I doubt he'd have played 

dougie76 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Bates had potential but in my opinion both Goldson and Katic are better than him. 

The fact he was one of our better performers last season says more about how poor we were. The moment he decided not to stay even though he new Gerrard was coming in was when I stopped really caring about him to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Did we offer him a contract? If we did, was it the sort of contract you would expect for a first team Rangers player? 

It has been reported by Bates of the process that took place. Hamburg came to watch him at Ibrox a few times - they contacted him - whilst that was going on Rangers or Murty were dragging their heels - and low & behold he gets talked I to going to Hamburg. 

Not the first time a player has been given an offer he canny refuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Has played 7 games so far, conceded 1 goal after 6 shutout's in a row. 

I know he's playing for a massive club in the "wrong" league but I have a feeling we are going to regret letting him go big time. 

On a side note, £8 million for Worrall? Then how much is Bates really worth? With it being a free transfer, we won't even have a buy back, or sell on percentage. 

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=72597

 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-bates/profil/spieler/272539

Out of curiosity what do you think that makes Bates worth.

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Did we offer him a contract? If we did, was it the sort of contract you would expect for a first team Rangers player? 

He wasn't going to be a first team player...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...