Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Has played 7 games so far, conceded 1 goal after 6 shutout's in a row. 

I know he's playing for a massive club in the "wrong" league but I have a feeling we are going to regret letting him go big time. 

On a side note, £8 million for Worrall? Then how much is Bates really worth? With it being a free transfer, we won't even have a buy back, or sell on percentage. 

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=72597

 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-bates/profil/spieler/272539

No regrets at all here. Never  was he good enough for Rangers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched their game against Darmstadt on Friday, he made a complete arse of something in first half and they were lucky not to concede from that.

Ten times more confident in our defence now than when he was in it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Has played 7 games so far, conceded 1 goal after 6 shutout's in a row. 

I know he's playing for a massive club in the "wrong" league but I have a feeling we are going to regret letting him go big time. 

On a side note, £8 million for Worrall? Then how much is Bates really worth? With it being a free transfer, we won't even have a buy back, or sell on percentage. 

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=72597

 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-bates/profil/spieler/272539

- We didn’t spend £8m on Worrall

- Hamburg aren’t a massive club

- German league 2 is a pish standard 

- Bates wasn’t worth £12k p/w when he left

- Our four CB’s are better than he is 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d rather have Bates than Worrall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

How do you know this?

 

 

Was pretty widely quoted at the time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I’d rather have Bates than Worrall

Do you think David Bates deserved around a 9k pw uplift?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I’d rather have Bates than Worrall

No mate. Saw how Bates played in a few games. Way more potential in Worrall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Was pretty widely quoted at the time 

No - it was pretty widely “made up” at the time

no one really knows his wages and what the offer was - but at a guesstimate it would be more than his actual worth that’s for sure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Do you think David Bates deserved around a 9k pw uplift?

Probably not mate but I wonder what Worrall is on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No mate. Saw how Bates played in a few games. Way more potential in Worrall. 

Maybe pal but we won’t see Worralls potential he’s only here for a season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Siwel said:

Probably not mate but I wonder what Worrall is on 

Probably only paying a % of whatever his Forrest wage is

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Maybe pal but we won’t see Worralls potential he’s only here for a season. 

Yeah I know, but think he will turn into a real good player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Yeah I know, but think he will turn into a real good player. 

Possibly mate, he hadn’t played a lot of football for a while before he came to us so he’s probably not at his best yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Did we offer him a contract? If we did, was it the sort of contract you would expect for a first team Rangers player? 

I’m not David Bates ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Do you think David Bates deserved around a 9k pw uplift?

Depends what you’re basing it on? 

If it’s by overall contribution, he deserved more than he got. He’ll have seen Alves on £30k+ and Cardoso also on significantly more than him offering precisely fuck all in return in the same position.

And that’s without touching on the likes of Herrera or Pena. 

I wouldn’t have offered him £10k, but I’d imagine he’d have stayed for £7k-ish a week. We offered him peanuts by all accounts. 

He’d be a decent back up, but I’d put Goldson, Katic and Worral ahead of him. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Bates, he’s a good cunt. Absolutely no idea what the problem is with him by a few on here but he never did us a wrong turn so it’s rather baffling ?‍♂️ Hope he goes on to be a success and the bitters in here are seething 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Depends what you’re basing it on? 

If it’s by overall contribution, he deserved more than he got. He’ll have seen Alves on £30k+ and Cardoso also on significantly more than him offering precisely fuck all in return in the same position.

And that’s without touching on the likes of Herrera or Pena. 

I wouldn’t have offered him £10k, but I’d imagine he’d have stayed for £7k-ish a week. We offered him peanuts by all accounts. 

He’d be a decent back up, but I’d put Goldson, Katic and Worral ahead of him. 

 

So really the money Hamburg gave him.you wouldn't have?

Long winded way to agree with me :lol:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rfc52 said:

So really the money Hamburg gave him.you wouldn't have?

Long winded way to agree with me :lol:

 

I wouldn’t have no, but you can see why he deserved / expected more than we offered. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I like Bates, he’s a good cunt. Absolutely no idea what the problem is with him by a few on here but he never did us a wrong turn so it’s rather baffling ?‍♂️ Hope he goes on to be a success and the bitters in here are seething 

The problem is because he was threw in at the deep end the previous season and looked every bit a fish out of water. Last season he was much improved but peoples minds were made up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, graeme_4 said:

I wouldn’t have no, but you can see why he deserved / expected more than we offered. 

He deserved more and was a decent player for us. He seen shite play in for.my of him on huge money so aye he'd be annoyed. But imho he's another who played through circumstance and isn't worth what Hamburg paid for him

 

Hamburg also paid him.a bigger wage as he was a free agent. If they'd bought him his wage would have been down from.what he's on now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Out of curiosity what do you think that makes Bates worth.

He wasn't going to be a first team player...

I don't think Worrall is worth anywhere near £8m. Bougherra cost us £3m and out of those three, I know who I'd rather have in our team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I don't think Worrall is worth anywhere near £8m. Bougherra cost us £3m and out of those three, I know who I'd rather have in our team. 

wit

Could you answer the question I asked you please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×