New partnership with Montreal Rangers

MONTREAL MOVE 

Rangers form partnership with Canadian side Montreal Rangers to enhance reputation in North America

The three-year deal will see coaches from the Ibrox Soccer Schools travel across the Atlantic, while some of the Canadian team’s top talent will head to Glasgow

Rangers have formed a partnership with Canadian side Montreal Rangers.

The three-year deal will see coaches from the Ibrox Soccer Schools travel across the Atlantic, while some of the Canadian team’s top talent will head to Glasgow.

The Light Blues hope the move will continue to enhance their reputation in North America.

Gary Gibson, Rangers Soccer Schools Manager, said: “We are delighted that we will be working with Montreal Rangers.

“Through this partnership we will assist them to grow over the coming years through camps events in Montreal while we work their players and staff and deliver sessions based on our game model within in our Academy.

“The next stage will be Montreal Rangers players coming across to experience an elite environment at Rangers, along with seeing some of Scotland’s historic landmarks.

The agreement is another sign of the club’s continued progression in North America through collaboration with football organisations that are eager to develop their club and players.

We are making great inroads over in Canada now with partner club such as Calgary Rangers, Lakewood Soccer Club and now Montreal Rangers, and we are eager to increase this further.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3337675/Rangers-partnership-canada-montreal-Rangers-north-america/

Good stuff. Would imagine most Montreal Rangers fans will know of Glasgow Rangers though. So don't think it will do much for our reputation. Could possibly find a gem in their youths though. Hopefully better than our last two signings from Canada though. 

Makes business sense. We roll out the Soccer Schools programmes into new territories and, while making a modest profit on those, increase brand awareness internationally.

We’ll never really “feel” the impact of stuff like this but, if you don’t have it bubbling away in the background, the reputation of your club slowly diminishes and someone else capitalises on the opportunity.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Another pointless exercise. 

Not really, one of the only times you'll find me agreeing with BP9 but he's right - this is about brand awareness, all major clubs do it.

Don't look at this partnership in isolation rather look at the potential other partnerships we can create and continue to grow our brand globally. 

Just now, rangersross said:

Makes business sense. We roll out the Soccer Schools programmes into new territories and, while making a modest profit on those, increase brand awareness internationally.

We’ll never really “feel” the impact of stuff like this but, if you don’t have it bubbling away in the background, the reputation of your club slowly diminishes and someone else capitalises on the opportunity.

Well said. 

35 minutes ago, Drum said:

Have any of these arrangements with other Clubs ever delivered anything of note? 

Capital but probably never a first team player, which is why the press release and story are focusing on the coaching/brand awareness element I think. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Not really, one of the only times you'll find me agreeing with BP9 but he's right - this is about brand awareness, all major clubs do it.

Don't look at this partnership in isolation rather look at the potential other partnerships we can create and continue to grow our brand globally. 

I’ve seen loads of these so called tie ups they come and go like snaw aff a dyke in spring. 

Also one of the few places we don’t need introduced is Canada. 

38 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

Thought Canada was an independent country, not north America.

North America is the geographical landmass which includes The USA and Canada.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Another pointless exercise. 

Pushing brand awareness is never a pointless exercise.

22 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It’s not really about finding new players - it’s brand awareness- finding a decent player would be a bonus but increasing brand awareness is what these initiatives are all about 

Not often I agree with you BP9 but you've got it right here mate.

23 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It’s not really about finding new players - it’s brand awareness- finding a decent player would be a bonus but increasing brand awareness is what these initiatives are all about 

24 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Brand awareness when we have a huge expat population and the captain of their national side plays for us. 

Aye your right enough nobody knows about Rangers in Canada. ???

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’ve seen loads of these so called tie ups they come and go like snaw aff a dyke in spring. 

Also one of the few places we don’t need introduced is Canada. 

Yes usually they serve their purpose during the time of the contract, are extended or are reviewed and cancelled. Not sure what the problem is with trying this though and why it's a 'pointless exercise'. 

You're a good poster on here but I think what you've said is a little narrow minded. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Yes usually they serve their purpose during the time of the contract, are extended or are reviewed and cancelled. Not sure what the problem is with trying this though and why it's a 'pointless exercise'. 

You're a good poster on here but I think what you've said is a little narrow minded. 

Because it’s pointless that simple. 

You want to tie up with a club in a country that’s not really heard of Rangers before then I could maybe see the point. If we are to believe this brand awareness clap trap  

Its Canada ffs, if you don’t have Scottish or French ancestors your a native Canadian. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

The club do something positive and it takes two posts before the first negative comment :lol: 

?? negative. 

So aren’t allowed to have an opinion unless it’s lapping up everything that the club does??

You want brand awareness, get the first team out there playing games, get the tops in the local sports retailers at the same. Have the Captain of the national side to do a tour during the summer maybe with the manager. 

Thats brand awareness. 

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Because it’s pointless that simple. 

You want to tie up with a club in a country that’s not really heard of Rangers before then I could maybe see the point. If we are to believe this brand awareness clap trap  

Its Canada ffs, if you don’t have Scottish or French ancestors your a native Canadian. 

If you're a kid in school your brand awareness of Rangers is going to be very low, in fact I'd argue most won't of heard of us.

The point of these soccer schools is to raise awareness among youngsters. Also just because someone has heard of a brand doesn't mean they'll subscribe to it, brand awareness doesn't just mean you know what the brand is - it's about affiliation and buying into it (literally). 

So just because you've heard of Rangers it doesn't mean you'll give two shits about them but by taking your brand/product to people then you create buy in and support. 

I'm not sure if you job has anything to do with this, but I deal with this daily. Believe me, if the figures are reasonable it's worth it.