Jump to content
Perth_Campsie_Ger

New partnership with Montreal Rangers

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 negative. 

So aren’t allowed to have an opinion unless it’s lapping up everything that the club does??

You want brand awareness, get the first team out there playing games, get the tops in the local sports retailers at the same. Have the Captain of the national side to do a tour during the summer maybe with the manager. 

Thats brand awareness. 

Do you really think that having our first team play a couple of forgettable pre-season friendlies against local sides will have more of a lasting impact than getting hundreds of young “soccer” fans each year to put on our kit, train with our coaches, and learn to associate the sport itself with our club?

I don’t. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 negative. 

So aren’t allowed to have an opinion unless it’s lapping up everything that the club does??

You want brand awareness, get the first team out there playing games, get the tops in the local sports retailers at the same. Have the Captain of the national side to do a tour during the summer maybe with the manager. 

Thats brand awareness. 

No one is asking anyone to lap anything up but I think sometimes people could be more positive when the club try to expand our commercial arm. We've talked for years about how the club needs to up it's game in this area and whilst this is a small step, you shouldn't deride it because you don't see the benefits. 

Two of the three things you've mentioned there will cost a lot more money than what we're doing here and the club already played in America in Jan last year so they're already checking boxes of your marketing strategy :happy:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Good stuff. Would imagine most Montreal Rangers fans will know of Glasgow Rangers though. So don't think it will do much for our reputation. Could possibly find a gem in their youths though. Hopefully better than our last two signings from Canada though. 

Like Scott Arfield? 🤣

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mind when we did this with some Chinese mob and they released an orange strip with our badge on it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Yes and what they do is good but like I said it doesn't hurt to do more and that is what the club is trying to do.

I don't understand why you're so negative about this.

Because it’s never worked at any club we have tried it with in the past. 

That simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

If you're a kid in school your brand awareness of Rangers is going to be very low, in fact I'd argue most won't of heard of us.

The point of these soccer schools is to raise awareness among youngsters. Also just because someone has heard of a brand doesn't mean they'll subscribe to it, brand awareness doesn't just mean you know what the brand is - it's about affiliation and buying into it (literally). 

So just because you've heard of Rangers it doesn't mean you'll give two shits about them but by taking your brand/product to people then you create buy in and support. 

I'm not sure if you job has anything to do with this, but I deal with this daily. Believe me, if the figures are reasonable it's worth it. 

National Team Captain, how much more brand awareness do you want. 

Any kid that’s in these tie ups is only interested in one thing when do we get to meet the players. 

So scrap the pointless tie up that has never produced anything in the past or ever will in the future and get the first team out there meeting and greeting. 

Here endth the lesson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

As usual you're lagging behind the intellectual posters.

Not true, I am out working my intellectual arse off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yassss CB intae them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

National Team Captain, how much more brand awareness do you want. 

Any kid that’s in these tie ups is only interested in one thing when do we get to meet the players. 

So scrap the pointless tie up that has never produced anything in the past or ever will in the future and get the first team out there meeting and greeting. 

Here endth the lesson. 

Fly the first team out to Canada to do meet and greets? Fuck sake man. You clearly can't see the difference between the two things you're suggesting. 

I'm not even going to bother continuing this chat with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Do you really think that having our first team play a couple of forgettable pre-season friendlies against local sides will have more of a lasting impact than getting hundreds of young “soccer” fans each year to put on our kit, train with our coaches, and learn to associate the sport itself with our club?

I don’t. 

Yes. 

You want a young kid to buy a Rangers top after the soccer school has left town get Stevie G and the Captain of his National side shaking hands with them.

Let them have a training session with the players, get them hooked up with the club through social media have a Q&A once a month with a player 

That gets them involved, the usual tie with a training session with a coach they have never heard of then will never see again is pointless. 

If your so confident it will do anything give me one example of it working in the past??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Like Scott Arfield? 🤣

Sssshhhhhh it’s a secret in Canada that their captain plays for us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Fly the first team out to Canada to do meet and greets? Fuck sake man. You clearly can't see the difference between the two things you're suggesting. 

I'm not even going to bother continuing this chat with you.

😂😂 loses debate so storms off in the huff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Yassss CB intae them

Was just easing into the weekend and having next week off as well. 😂😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Good stuff. Would imagine most Montreal Rangers fans will know of Glasgow Rangers though. 

 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It’s not really about finding new players - it’s brand awareness

Well, does everyone in Canada already know about Glasgow Rangers or don't they and we're increasing the brand?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smartypants said:

Raging if true 

if what's true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Because it’s pointless that simple. 

You want to tie up with a club in a country that’s not really heard of Rangers before then I could maybe see the point. If we are to believe this brand awareness clap trap  

Its Canada ffs, if you don’t have Scottish or French ancestors your a native Canadian. 

You’re a right grumpy cnut the day Courtyard  😂

Ex pats don’t seem to land in Québec they tend to live/congregate on the other side of the country. 

This is a good business move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You’re a right grumpy cnut the day Courtyard  😂

Ex pats don’t seem to land in Québec they tend to live/congregate on the other side of the country. 

This is a good business move

It’s never worked before it won’t this time. 

We have one of the most recognisable faces in world football and the national team captain. That will get folk interested in Rangers, as for brand awareness it would also help if we had any brand to sell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 loses debate so storms off in the huff. 

It's nothing to do with winning or losing a debate mate, you just don't understand the difference between this activity and people knowing who our football club is. It's more a case of facts than opinion and you're not grasping them. 

Also just seen this pointless exercise as well: https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/australian-soccer-camps-for-2019/ 

Can't believe it. Outraged. etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

It's nothing to do with winning or losing a debate mate, you just don't understand the difference between this activity and people knowing who our football club is. It's more a case of facts than opinion and you're not grasping them. 

Also just seen this pointless exercise as well: https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/australian-soccer-camps-for-2019/ 

Can't believe it. Outraged. etc. 

How many young players have came over from Aus?? 

How many tops did we sell in Aus last year??

Im still waiting for any one of you happy clapper chumps telling me one tie up that’s reaped rewards  

if you think the occasional soccer school is going to raise brand awareness or see any young players making it at Rangers your mental. Your not in charge of nonsense for the club are you??? 

Youve also missed the Chinese tie up, the American tie up and the Central America tie up, all huge successes  😂😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How many young players have came over from Aus?? 

How many tops did we sell in Aus last year??

Im still waiting for any one of you happy clapper chumps telling me one tie up that’s reaped rewards  

if you think the occasional soccer school is going to raise brand awareness or see any young players making it at Rangers your mental. Your not in charge of nonsense for the club are you??? 

 

No I don't work for Rangers. 

Carry on thinking it's a pointless exercise, I'm just glad the club take the opposite (and correct) view :tu:.

You enjoy your day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

No I don't work for Rangers. 

Carry on thinking it's a pointless exercise, I'm just glad the club take the opposite (and correct) view :tu:.

You enjoy your day. 

😂😂 still waiting on any of you telling me which of these has worked. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×