Scotland v Portugal

mrmojorisin

5 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

Think they said 20000

No way that was the attendance, I would say at 10,000. I live 20 minutes up the road from Hampden - the local pub is usually rammed with fans before the game. It was like a morgue this afternoon, security staff in the door when all the punters in were after a Sunday roast and watching the golf on the TV! Not a single Scotland or Portugal fan in at all

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

No way that was the attendance, I would say at 10,000. I live 20 minutes up the road from Hampden - the local pub is usually rammed with fans before the game. It was like a morgue this afternoon, security staff in the door when all the punters in were after a Sunday roast and watching the golf on the TV! Not a single Scotland or Portugal fan in at all

Must be using Lawells calculator ?

55 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Tbf even though he supports celtic I do think he is a very good player,he is just surrounded by mostly shite when he puts on a Scotland shirt

I think he’s a good player mate, like so many though I don’t think he’s as good as made out to be

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Jack Hendry only gets a call up because of the team he plays with. Wouldn't get a look in if he was still a Dundee he's rank

Aye he would

He's embarrassingly poor but we're talking about a squad that features Michael Devlin. There's nobody else to pick.

Gubbed again, gubbed again, gubbed again...…...gubbed again, gubbed agggaaaiiin.     You get the message.   

Fuck the SFA.   Getting what they deserve after recent years of bad treatment of Rangers.   But they still need one or a few players from Rangers in their international pool as a sort of small token recognition of the Club.     

Dodged a bullet by not appointing Mcleish as Rangers manager though.    Managing for the shitpool SFA is his level nowadays. 

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Its a new tactic.  The body odour tactic.   Wave your arms about like some duck gearing up for a landing on water and let the odour out of the armpits.   Instead of giving the opposition something to think about it gives them something bad to smell.   It'll catch on though.  We can now give players bad odour ratings as well as rating for impersonating ducks landing 

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

What an absolute shell of a team we’ve become. Outplayed by a Portugal B & C team.

McLeish, I like the guy but he was an horrendous appointment and it’s showing. Played 9 lost 7.

Fuck the SFA

And a good number on here wanted him back at Ibrox, FFS dodged a bullet.  Hope he keeps the Scotland job for another year or so. 

1 hour ago, EMRFC said:

Said this when he was appointed, can’t believe they appointed McLeish, can’t believe he was linked with us I would have cried if he got it.

also, Robertson is class just plays in a shite Scotland team.

McLeish was pretty much a desperation appointment of a manager after the SFA screwed up the Michael O'Neill approach. 

I can see him gone shortly. But I don't see any decent manager going near that job. 

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Fuck sake, I was in town earlier, started leaving because I thought they were playing at 7.45, got that wrong. 

I seen bits and bobs and two bigger taxis and a wee minibus at the Iron Horse, but that was it, crowd must have been poor. 

10 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

McLeish was pretty much a desperation appointment of a manager after the SFA screwed up the Michael O'Neill approach. 

I can see him gone shortly. But I don't see any decent manager going near that job. 

Even if Scotland get top spot, he will be gone. There are far too many knives out for him and the SFA - orcheastrated from a certain club in the east end, no coincidence that Griffiths and Brown have been firing out the verbals to their pals in the press. As well as a mass call off from their remaining players before this game.

EURO2020 qualifications start in March, so I expect the SFA to go for O'Neill again, particularly as NI form is starting to unravel now.