Sign in to follow this  
LochendBilly

Console help

Looking to get a hand held console for a 5 year old, he can navigate phones and tablets and picks stuff up easily.

Any suggestions on a decent one with a good choice of suitable games? Help would be appreciated as I have no clue about all this stuff.

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

PS Vita or the Nintendo Switch are your best bets but games are varied depending on his interests mates. 

Thanks- was looking at the switch, will check out PS

2 hours ago, LochendBilly said:

Looking to get a hand held console for a 5 year old, he can navigate phones and tablets and picks stuff up easily.

Any suggestions on a decent one with a good choice of suitable games? Help would be appreciated as I have no clue about all this stuff.

Thanks.

Nintendo Switch - in particular Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda look as if they’d be class ?? 

LochendBilly likes this

1 hour ago, LochendBilly said:

Thanks- was looking at the switch, will check out PS

No worries at 5 he will probably prefer the Switch as it has more child friendly games on it but the PSVita is good too.

The Switch can be used as a proper tv console as well as has a lot of adult friendly party games as an added bonus though it will be more expensive. 

The switch is good for weans mate got mines there's last Christmas and now there's a good amount of games out also can be plugged into their telly too to play like a normal console as well as being handheld. 

Anything Nintendo I'd say. If you don't want to spend the money on a switch, buy the 2ds. Loads more games and a bit more sturdy for a 5 year old. I bought my 5 year old one then cracked it so I don't have to buy any games.