Gerrard: Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

It's ok to reflect on mistakes, fortunately today didn't cost us. But he needs to think clearly before the game and use foresight too, it's a huge part of selecting the team.

Starting with so many players at once who have been injured out of the picture is asking for trouble.

It was good to see Gerrad acknowledge that he could have made changes earlier.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Thursday, I think we will burst out of the traps. 

Thursday and Sunday I hope. I'll gladly take a 3-1 in each of these games.

23 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Good result awful performance

The positive to take from that is we got 3 points but the tone in training this week will be ‘must do better’ for many individuals and definitely the collective. 

Spade is a spade assessment from SG.  He saw what we all saw and acknowledged it.  Post match video of less than 2 mins after winning 4-1 away from home and first away win of the season tells its own story that the less said about the game the better and just accept that the result was very good indeed.

Katic 'okay' comes over as sort of positive but the reality of the word in SG's mind is that was about as kind an assessment as he could muster.   I'm guessing that behind the scenes and out of earshot of media the assessment from SG will be a bit more acute and hard hitting.    Which is the way to do it.   

Thing is, noting the players that were not in the side or in the squad, we still got a vital away win …...and improved the goal difference tally.    Can and must do a whole lot better but a win is a win.