Lassana Coulibaly

Amac9

4 minutes ago, piperpete said:

He is still young had a serious injury and not had a real ru of games, I’m sure onece his confidence is up to speed he will improve greatly, I would be shocked that we spent a chunk of money on a complete pony. Think he  will be a player who likes to be told how good he is to get him to believe in himself before we see the best.

Joe Garner, Eduardo Herrera, Carlos Pena.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Joe Garner, Eduardo Herrera, Carlos Pena.

Think we have moved on from those days and player recruitment is done in a more methodical way with every stone that can be is looked under, well at least I hope it is, he may end up a pony but far far too early to write him off.

1 minute ago, piperpete said:

Think we have moved on from those days and player recruitment is done in a more methodical way with every stone that can be is looked under, well at least I hope it is, he may end up a pony but far far too early to write him off.

Thing that worries me about the recruitment for this deal is the lack of recent games we would have been able to scout since he had been out for so long and how many times Gerrard has mentioned asking Katic and Barisic about Grezda to see how good he was. Think we got the wrong winger from Osijek should have went for Bockaj 

25 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Then why did we end up with that Donkey Sadiq?  

12 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

I'd see how he is after this winter break. Maybe some time with family and a rest will help. 

He did look clueless when he came on v the taigs but he was out of position. The boys still young so will come on again. 

I agree with this but the writing is on the wall for him by who we are bringing in now and on a pre contract. He’ll be back at Angers at the end of the season 

55 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

I'd see how he is after this winter break. Maybe some time with family and a rest will help. 

He did look clueless when he came on v the taigs but he was out of position. The boys still young so will come on again. 

He was so clueless when he came on Arfield said to him just get in the middle I'll go out wide right !

2 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

He was so clueless when he came on Arfield said to him just get in the middle I'll go out wide right !

He had no idea what he was doing, who he was marking at set pieces etc 😂 

Was raging at the time but had a laugh watching the replay the other day.

25 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He had no idea what he was doing, who he was marking at set pieces etc 😂 

Was raging at the time but had a laugh watching the replay the other day.

Aye was brutal at the time but in the grand scheme irrelevant. Recorded highlights on Sky honestly watched about 50 times no exaggeration mate ha ha

10 hours ago, Siwel said:

What have you seen that makes you think Gerrard believes he’s good? Since he signed I mean, obviously he must have expected him to be good with the amount he spent on him.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what I've seen, or in fact, what anybody has seen; it has everything to do with what Gerrard thinks and says, and that is the only criteria that count. We all disagree with the manager over different players at one time or another, but Gerrard obviously rates Grezda highly, which in the end product is all that counts.

On a personal basis, I haven't seen enough of Grezda to rate him one way or another, but I will say I was more than surprised we signed him because I was positive the man we should have signed from Osijek was Petar Bočkaj, who is a better prospect than Grezda, but obviously that's where Gerrard and I disagree.

16 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with what I've seen, or in fact, what anybody has seen; it has everything to do with what Gerrard thinks and says, and that is the only criteria that count. We all disagree with the manager over different players at one time or another, but Gerrard obviously rates Grezda highly, which in the end product is all that counts.

On a personal basis, I haven't seen enough of Grezda to rate him one way or another, but I will say I was more than surprised we signed him because I was positive the man we should have signed from Osijek was Petar Bočkaj, who is a better prospect than Grezda, but obviously that's where Gerrard and I disagree.

Again, apart from him spending money on him what makes you think Gerrard rates him highly, he’s been awful so far, didn’t trust him enough to play ahead of a 19 year old who was off form himself in our make or break Europa league game and has been dropped from the squad completely for the last two games after a game where Ricky fucking foster made him look bang average. That doesn’t scream highly rated by the manager to me.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Again, apart from him spending money on him what makes you think Gerrard rates him highly, he’s been awful so far, didn’t trust him enough to play ahead of a 19 year old who was off form himself in our make or break Europa league game and has been dropped from the squad completely for the last two games after a game where Ricky fucking foster made him look bang average. That doesn’t scream highly rated by the manager to me.

I haven't seen anything of Grezda as a footballer.  What gives me hope in his ability is that Gerrard said he spoke with Barisic and Katic about Grezda and they only had good things to say.  Also, the Albanian national coach seems to rate Grezda very highly.  

11 minutes ago, Siwel said:

what makes you think Gerrard rates him highly

After he signed him Gerrard said "he is an excellent player and the fans will love him because he can contribute in the final third, he's really quick, very direct and comes with international experience"

Sounds like he doesn't rate him at all.

On the subject of Coulibaly I'd just send him back now and try to get someone in who's got a bit more ability going forward.  I like the physicality of Coulibaly but he lacks a great deal of quality going forward for a guy who was labelled as a box-to-box player.  Angers spent over £1m on him and I wouldn't want us spending that to make the loan permanent.

14 minutes ago, Siwel said:

When he signed, Gerrard spoke in glowing terms about Grezda, so when a manager does that AND pays big money for him, that would indicate the manager rates him highly. Now if you can't understand that answer, then you might have to ask Gerrard personally why he fancied him enough to splash out a few million quid on him.

Better coaches/managers than me rate Grezda very highly, and I've already told you I would have signed Petar Bočkaj before I signed Grezda.

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

When he signed, Gerrard spoke in glowing terms about Grezda, so when a manager does that AND pays big money for him, that would indicate the manager rates him highly. Now if you can't understand that answer, then you might have to ask Gerrard personally why he fancied him enough to splash out a few million quid on him.

Better coaches/managers than me rate Grezda very highly, and I've already told you I would have signed Petar Bočkaj before I signed Grezda.

No mate, Gerrard is obviously involved in some sort of Liverpool gang related money laundering or something.

22 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

After he signed him Gerrard said "he is an excellent player and the fans will love him because he can contribute in the final third, he's really quick, very direct and comes with international experience"

Sounds like he doesn't rate him at all.

And now he’s seen him in this league I wonder if he’d reconsider some of those thoughts. He really hasn’t lived up to those expectations 

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

And now he’s seen him in this league I wonder if he’d reconsider some of those thoughts. He really hasn’t lived up to those expectations 

I'm dealing in facts here, until he says he doesn't rate him then these facts remain.

On 6 January 2019 at 08:42, graeme_4 said:

You level of hatred for him is ridiculous. 

What did he actually do that makes you feel like this? 

You obviously have no understanding pf hate.

He's fucking mince imo and spineless at that, so wtf is the problem?

Now away and bile yer heed.