***The Official Rangers V Spartak Moscow Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

FFS! Everybody. Calm doon. This was always going to be a tough game. You’re talking about he Russian League here. We didn’t even know we were even going to qualify for Europa at the beginning and we’ve just gone  and done 11 games undefeated in Europe. (A new record). Our goal difference is good. If we can just get draw in Moscow we could be fine. How long has the team been together?  Some perspective required here. Thank you Steven Gerrard. Let’s go! 

Don't come on here spouting yer common sense!

Overall i though we were ok, my only gripe would be around the 60 minute mark i thought then we should have changed things. I actually would have given Lafferty a go up front, he can hold up a ball for support better than the buffalo in these sorts of games imo.

1st half we were on top for a while, reminded me of the Ufa game. 

2nd half they surprised us and came out and played a bit for the first 20. 

After that it was all us, we made the Russian champions of a season ago look very average. 

We just weren’t at it tonight, our passing was slow and the tempo.

need to win at least 1 and draw 1 to go through I think

13 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I thought we were shite. They were the team who looked more controlled in possession, passed the ball better and looked more likely.

Yes we created chances but we were not at the races at all and Scotland those performances would see us found out.

??

Spartak are miles better than any team outwith celtic. You are at it surely. 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Very good coming from you. Can’t believe the amount on here accepting the mediocrity we just watched. 

Don't think many are, just because there isn't anyone else having a bitch fit claiming we just got pumped 0-0 doesn't mean people arent unhappy

For me Europe is an added bonus. Coming back and winning at Hamilton on Sunday was way, way more important.

We are unbeaten in Europe and have set a new Scottish record, that is something to be very proud of.

Yes, we want to win every game we play in, but the league is, and always will be our top priority.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Very good coming from you. Can’t believe the amount on here accepting the mediocrity we just watched. 

maybe a wee bit of perspective is needed by you though ,we have an average squad punching above their collective weight in Europe at the moment

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Don't think many are, just because there isn't anyone else having a bitch fit claiming we just got pumped 0-0 doesn't mean people arent unhappy

Hardly a bitch fight just the usual, you make a point and get jumped on if it’s against the grain. 

I thought we were pish.

Archived