***The Official Rangers V Spartak Moscow Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

so they seem to have left 7 of the first team at home for an important league game on Monday. Hopefully we can bury the match early on and get some subs on to rest some players

Part of me is wary of this, mind games or for real? Our European form suggests we will win as long as we don't underestimate them but if we start to think its a pushover could be disastrous. Put in a decent shift and we are in a really good place with cup semi just over the horizon. Next few games are incredibly important.

Not as overly confident as everyone else seems to be, I think we're on a high from the last 2 results but the Villareal game could have been very different, they missed a lot of chances and we scored 2 out of our only 3. This is still going to be a tough game and a win would be a fantastic result again, not an expected one for me. I do think with form, confidence and current form of the opponents we have a good a chance as we can ask for but it's still going to be a tough game. 

‘Spartak Moscow caretaker Raul Riancho views Monday's domestic game as more important than facing Rangers after leaving seven players behind in Russia.

The Spaniard took command on Monday after coach Massimo Carrera was sacked.

"We left seven players behind in Moscow to prepare for a very important game with Rubin on Monday," Riancho said before Thursday's Europa League game.

"Because of the tight schedule, we want to give them time to prepare for this important match.”

(...)

But Riancho said: "I'm not only thinking about the match with Rangers. I have to think about the future as well."

Luiz Adriano is missing after the Brazilian striker was banned for three matches for punching an opponent during their failed Champions League qualification bid.

Captain Denis Glushakov and fellow Russia international Andrey Yeshchenko were also absent for the 2,500-mile flight to Glasgow after an Instagram row that started when both liked a post criticising their former team coach. 

(...) he has decided he does not need either and has opted to leave them and four other regulars behind’

(From BBC Sport)

1000 of the Russian nutcases roaming Glasgow and some down at Liverpool tonight they will be out for a scrap go tooled up and only 300 police to stop any drama so keep yer wits about you on route and stay safe fellow Bears these cunts do not fuck about and killed a Spanish cop.

I view these games as cash cows for the club. Each point makes money and currently we are making a lot. Long may it continue.

Every win bags you €590,000 euros 

Every draw is worth €190,000 euros 

Winning the group gets you €1m euros, €500k for runners up

Then each club get another €500k for qualifying for last 32.

Not to mention €1m euros already banked from solidarity payments on qualifying rounds.

As well as all the income from tickets, merchandise, catering etc. The club are making money again and it’s wonderful. 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It’s holding up pretty well just now as he scores goals in a team that’s 8 points clear of us. 

They won’t be 8 points clear of us in January, hopefully Jack goes through him in the league cup final and ends his dreams of signing for us for the first time in his career (according to him).

Just now, Bronzy said:

Steven McLean is also scoring goals in that same team, should we re-sign him as well?

Hopefully we’re keeping an eye on that Austrian cunt they’ve got in midfield, he’s looked good so far.

30 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Supposedly 3,000 away fans. Hopefully they behave themselves ! 

:lol:

Their fans get banned from Europe all the time because of violence. I will be very surprised if tomorrow passes without incident. Especially since they'll have heard about us getting into bother in Europe already this season 

Archived