Biggest You've Ever Staked

Begby

Whats the largest amount you've ever wagered? and how did you get on with it? 

Last year in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup i had £100 on Cove Rangers -1 v Nairn County as the odds were great was getting about £250 back and a few weeks before this Cove had beat them by about 8. 

Out for a few drinks with the Mrs and a few pals keeping a close eye on SSN on the screen and Cove go 2 up with 10 mins to go. The bold boy here is offering to take herself out for a steak dinner and a few drinks thinking hes in the money, about 5 mins from time SSN pops up 2-1, Nairn scored :duh: Im coming out the pub with my tail between my legs £100 sheets down and the mrs is quizzing me as to why our steak dinner has turned into a few Aldi frozen pizzas. 

3 hours ago, Begby said:

Whats the largest amount you've ever wagered? and how did you get on with it? 

Last year in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup i had £100 on Cove Rangers -1 v Nairn County as the odds were great was getting about £250 back and a few weeks before this Cove had beat them by about 8. 

Out for a few drinks with the Mrs and a few pals keeping a close eye on SSN on the screen and Cove go 2 up with 10 mins to go. The bold boy here is offering to take herself out for a steak dinner and a few drinks thinking hes in the money, about 5 mins from time SSN pops up 2-1, Nairn scored :duh: Im coming out the pub with my tail between my legs £100 sheets down and the mrs is quizzing me as to why our steak dinner has turned into a few Aldi frozen pizzas. 

Aldi pizzas arent the worst tbf ?

When mcleish was gaffer I put 3 ton on us away at killie, odds for us were evens. Half time we were 3-0 up ,think Lovenkrands got at least one and I’m  wishing I’d done ht/ft bet. Second half and killie score twice, I’m fuckin bricking it but we held out and won 3-2. Stomach was in knots and not really an enjoyable experience even tho my bet came up. Never done as big a bet since as I couldn’t handle losing that amount. Even a  £20 bet losing has me in a cunt of a mood for days. I’m generally a shit gambler and really shouldn’t bother but can’t help myself, glad it’s just the footie I stick to and not the horses as be bankrupt.

I put 100 quid on an antepost bet. Ross County to finish in the top 6 @ 9/1 the year we got promoted from the championship. 1k back! I

I had to be patient but it was a great feeling when it came in. Had to wait till the last game as well. I couldn't put that down every week though?

£1000 on Motivator to win the coral eclipse back in 2006 I think...the horse that beat it that day oratorio lost by 33lengths to motivator in the derby, to say I was gutted is an understatement but it was a learning curve, at odds of 2/5 I thought I was buying money...never again 

put £500 on Hearts at EVENS to try and double my money when I was a daft student, in the hope of trying to claw back some of the student loan I had blown probably. They were really strong at home in around 2012 I believe, against Inverness caley.

Hearts were up 2-0 and Caley got a guy sent off, it was all looking great, then it went to 2-1 and the equaliser in about the 95 minute, was about greetin.

Lesson learned. Never again.?

I've waxed a lot on roulette if I've started off at a low amount, as it seems like you aren't actually losing much - gets to a point where you start spinning some Rockstar spins and lose it all. But aye learnt the hard way! A wee tenner on couple accumulators every Saturday now : )

£350 on Treve to win the Arc and complete a three timer in 2015. Knew turning for home she was beat. Golden Horn the victor. 

Coral had text me in the morning offering £100 at 11/10, as I had the rest on at 10/11 I thought fuck it. Bastards. 

Had £200 on us last week at Hampden too fs. 

16 hours ago, spanther22 said:

5 grand england to beat NI wouldve returned 6 grand, easy 1k right? david healy had different ideas ?

Ouch. Mind seeing a guy put £17k on Liverpool in a CL game years ago and they were short odds on, not sweating it thinking 'easy money'. He was right, they beat Besiktas 8-0. 

I know if I had put that money on Besiktas would have had a glory night.