***The Official Rangers V Aberdeen Match Thread***

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, gersandy said:

Crossings been a disgrace today. Candeias in particular has had 4 or 5 poor deliveries.

Can't disagree. He's been excellent though up until his final ball, which makes him a frustrating wee bastard.

We are lacking a player who is able to thread passes through at will to players making runs that leads to clear shots at goal. I don't know the statistics but most of our goals and/or chances must come from crosses and set plays. It will be good enough for today but unless the scum are massively off it, it won't be good enough for the final.

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

He's offer much more than Coulibally going forward. 

I've said it a few match threads in a row now. Coulibaly hasn't been the same player since he has returned from injury. The more I see the more I think I've overrated him based on one game against Maribor.

Ejaria is a strange one as well. At times he's clearly a class above everybody else on the park. He's strong. He has a decent bit of dig and he's technically excellent on the ball. He just doesn't do enough IMO. I'm not sure what I'm expecting from such a young player. I just feel he has it in him to take a game by the scruff of the neck but doesn't seem to do it.

1 minute ago, Vision said:

Hate this anti-football pish, semi-final and the sheep are relying on a half chance on the counter.

Starting to see these tactics to much now with Iceland in the world cup being an example.

It isn't just Iceland. Italy started it (with a couple of world class players granted) in the '90s. Greece also won the Euros and we got to the UEFA cup final in 2008 playing the same way. It isn't pretty but it's effective.

Archived