***The Official Rangers V Aberdeen Match Thread***

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

What improvement? Where are we in the league ffs? And that makes a great manager, bringing in new players which is someone else's job? Utter pish. 

Sorry but disagree, Gerrard has revolutionised our team and deserves credit. He still has handicaps due to shite he inherited. Tavernier is our weakest link and needs replaced, take him out the team and we improve. Only sadique is not Rangers standard out of all the players he brought in.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Lie doon they'll be raped ffs they ain't a good team 10 behind the ball and hope for 1or2 chances 

They won't even have 10 behind the ball against them. They only try hard against us.

Just now, geronimoo said:

The fact that he gave Sadiq a full 90 minutes is in itself a reason to blame him.

Sadiq did fine given it's his first real game for us. There was little movement or intelligence behind him. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What can he do? Arfield's clearly not 100% fit and Middleton isn't ready for a game like this.

And Sadiq was?

His dive was so fucking blatant he should have been packed off to the airport there and then.

Middleton should have started and Gerrard has to roll the fucking dice with earlier substitutions or we're treading water.

1 minute ago, BertContraband said:

5 semis in a row.no goals and Barely a shot on target

those are pretty horrible stats - we've come a long way since last season but Gerrard has to win a big domestic game. We didn't try to play at the PIggery and today we huffed and puffed but really had no clear strategy. Some of our players need to experience winning a big game soon or they'll have an inferiority complex every time we face the tarriers or reach a semi  

8 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

The taigs will rag doll them 4-0 in the final.

That will be the score before the game even kicks off. Aye, the sheep scum have their moment of glory here and will be celebrating like they've won the CL.  You think their luck will repeat against the filth? Will it fuck.

Sickening on every level.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Agree with this. We're still there to be slapped around. I thought Gerrard was here to change all that?

Gerrard will be out the door the same as the rest unless improvements are made domestically and results. Finishing 3rd or 4th and no trophy is not acceptable. 

22 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Is it only the fans that can see Tav is absolutely wasteful when it comes to crosses, corners and free kicks?  Genius at penalties though.  

This second half has been..... 

No comment.  

He is a out and out loser for me 

I know I'm in the minority 

I base that on the length of time he has been here .And the amount of massive games .He just doesn't turn up

Brilliant at pens 

Tonight wasn't his fault but the quality from him isn't good enough

When we see good teams with set plays .They have players that test the goalkeeper 

How many times do we see Tav kick the set play 10 yards over the bar 

Hundreds 

Candeas is another

Works his socks off but again .Quality is average if we are honest 

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Sorry but disagree, Gerrard has revolutionised our team and deserves credit. He still has handicaps due to shite he inherited. Tavernier is our weakest link and needs replaced, take him out the team and we improve. Only sadique is not Rangers standard out of all the players he brought in.

:lol: you on fucking crack? Taverniers the weakest link? 

The midfield isn't good enough, too many tanner ball players, they don't create enough chances for the strikers, their delivery into the box is fucking woeful, too much side to side and backwards in our own half ain't going to trouble any side.

Even with Morelos playing we don't give him enough chances let alone without him, we are struggling big time.

The amount of ball we had today and nothing to show for it is another embarrassment in a long line of embarrassments and Gerrard doesn't help with his general play which has no end game to it, going round in toothless circles with players that have no killer instinct or direction to win crunch games.

There is another thread called "how far have we came, a cliche" really, we are no further forward, stumbling around with average players.

From about 60 mins it just felt like it might end up "one of those days". Some poor decision making first half and not making most of opportunities just reeked of them taking their first half chance second half. Jack not putting Candeias in first half was criminal. I think when teams play like that against us we are going to need 2 up top. Keep the wingers and play 2 up. 

That was as smash and grab as you'll get.

3 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I'm a fan of Gerrard but that was on him today. Every major decision he got wrong and we just didn't have the quality. We're still not better than Aberdeen.

I'm sick of us giving Scotland excuses to point and laugh at us. And now we've handed celtic another trophy. Wonderful.

I think we are a lot better than Aberdeen.... the league table will show this in may...

Archived