Gerrard

Lloyd

Wish people would stop saying shite like "take Europe out of the equation and we are doing poor"

Why take that out in order to criticise the manager? It's hardly a balanced view you are giving if you do this, and I blame him for today.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was another sore one today, all the drubbings by the scum, Hibs/Raith finals, various doings from Alloa et al all add up, and it does not ease the pain of another insipid performance from our team who once again failed to be up for it, its a familiar Sunday night gutted feeling for me.

3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

That was another sore one today, all the drubbings by the scum, Hibs/Raith finals, various doings from Alloa et al all add up, and it does not ease the pain of another insipid performance from our team who once again failed to be up for it, its a familiar Sunday night gutted feeling for me.

The expectation levels were higher today but the same failings from previous big games showed up today, We froze again and were poor, Still behind the Manager but this needs to be put right, never showed any desire to win the game.

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Doesn’t appear so mate.

Hes one of my all time Hero’s, can’t go through another Ally fuck up. Don’t think I could take it. 

I really expected to beat Aberdeen today mate, not by maybe more than a goal, but we were just so poor today when we got near their 18 yd box it was hellish to watch. I have no idea why Stevie did not make changes at about 70 minutes. 

I am also going to say and not with any great conviction that I still think he can sort this out. He must start learning from his mistakes and not let players continue to take shite corners and free kicks game after game and also drop players if need be.

I so want Stevie G to make this work, as I know you do, and will continue to keep the faith for as long as I can.

Tonight we are all hurting  because the annoying thing is that the :aberdeen: are not good at the moment. I hope to see the players whoever are picked to prove on Wed night that they know they fucked up today, along with the management team, and put on a good performance.  

26 minutes ago, Yonner said:

To each and every fucking bellend out there who is having a go at the manager.....wind your fucking uneducated necks in wiiya? We have a gaffer who cares, who is hurting and who has taken full responsibility. Who do you clueless muppets think can have done a better job at the helm since SG joined the club? He's working absolute fucking miracles with a SPL mid table squad. Days like today will happen with the resources at his disposal....the issue is that they would happen a whole lot more frequently with just about any other gaffer in charge......and HE KNOWS what is wrong and what he needs to do to correct it. If he gets support from the board (remains to be seen longer term) he will sort it out. Everyones expectations (including mine) have increased tenfold due to the relative success we've enjoyed so far this term. That doesn't give anyone the right to act like we should be winning trophies again any time soon. Rangers AND SG ARE A WORK IN PROGRESS and it will take a little more patience before we can RELIABLY expect great outcomes from days like today. How about you content yourselves with being there when the revolution started. FFS!!!

I very rarely respond to posts like yours, but take your first line and shove it where the sun don't shine, most of us have been on here for years and are entitled to our views.

For what it is worth I very much want Stevie G to be successful and believe he can be, but he has to take some flack after fuck ups like today. 

20 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Wish people would stop saying shite like "take Europe out of the equation and we are doing poor"

Why take that out in order to criticise the manager? It's hardly a balanced view you are giving if you do this, and I blame him for today.

I absolutely get that and it would be wrong to dismiss Europe we've all enjoyed it and its brought back the kind of nights we were doubtful of seeing again. Something seems to have clicked with the Europa League.

But we aren't going to win silverware in Europe or get anywhere near it, to get back to where we should be domestic football is where progress really has to be made. If we end up with another season of scraping for 2nd/3rd/4th miles off the top and bottled out of both cup competitions then it would be a stretch to say we've really moved forward, the extra revenue from Europe will be very welcome regardless but it's not enough to set us up for the years ahead.

30 minutes ago, Yonner said:

To each and every fucking bellend out there who is having a go at the manager.....wind your fucking uneducated necks in wiiya? We have a gaffer who cares, who is hurting and who has taken full responsibility. Who do you clueless muppets think can have done a better job at the helm since SG joined the club? He's working absolute fucking miracles with a SPL mid table squad. Days like today will happen with the resources at his disposal....the issue is that they would happen a whole lot more frequently with just about any other gaffer in charge......and HE KNOWS what is wrong and what he needs to do to correct it. If he gets support from the board (remains to be seen longer term) he will sort it out. Everyones expectations (including mine) have increased tenfold due to the relative success we've enjoyed so far this term. That doesn't give anyone the right to act like we should be winning trophies again any time soon. Rangers AND SG ARE A WORK IN PROGRESS and it will take a little more patience before we can RELIABLY expect great outcomes from days like today. How about you content yourselves with being there when the revolution started. FFS!!!

Billy Sastard! 

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I absolutely get that and it would be wrong to dismiss Europe we've all enjoyed it and its brought back the kind of nights we were doubtful of seeing again. Something seems to have clicked with the Europa League.

But we aren't going to win silverware in Europe or get anywhere near it, to get back to where we should be domestic football is where progress really has to be made. If we end up with another season of scraping for 2nd/3rd/4th miles off the to pand bottled out of both cup competitions then it would be a stretch to say we've really moved forward, the extra revenue from Europe will be very welcome regardless but it's not enough to set us up for the years ahead.

I'm not saying we have moved forward mate, infact when someone claimed earlier that we had I made the point that last seasons team managed to beat Aberdeen while this seasons haven't so far.

What I am saying is that you can't be selective about how you judge the manager, take out the things that he has done well because it suits the narrative. Judge him on the complete picture not just the bits you want to see.

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I very rarely respond to posts like yours, but take your first line and shove it where the sun don't shine, most of us have been on here for years and are entitled to our views.

For what it is worth I very much want Stevie G to be successful and believe he can be, but he has to take some flack after fuck ups like today. 

So, your keyboard is older than my keyboard...well fucking done sweetheart. pick your medal up when you get back to your mum

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'm not saying we have moved forward mate, infact when someone claimed earlier that we had I made the point that last seasons team managed to beat Aberdeen while this seasons haven't so far.

What I am saying is that you can't be selective about how you judge the manager, take out the things that he has done well because it suits the narrative. Judge him on the complete picture not just the bits you want to see.

That's fair and I'm not saying we should act as if Europe hasn't happened but when it comes down to it I think how he does domestically gives a far greater weight to how he's judged and rightly so.

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

That's fair and I'm not saying we should act as if Europe hasn't happened but when it comes down to it I think how he does domestically gives a far greater weight to how he's judged and rightly so.

Nah mate, I know you haven't said that.

I agree with you there about being judged domestically to see how far we have come, fof me the league is priority and I couldn't give 2 fucks about Europe in all honesty. That said it is nice being back on that stage and taking the wee man to see us play some good teams and big occasions.

All I'm saying is that to give a balanced view on the manager you have to include his euro performances as it's only fair.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Has a lot to learn but sacking him isn’t the solution. We aren’t going to attract a better manager, we’ve surely been through enough of them now for people to realise that? We can’t just keep ripping it up and starting again every six months. At some point we have to trust somebody and despite our flaws Gerrard is getting enough right to warrant time IMO.

Completely agree.

I just hope he can learn from the last few performances. 

He clearly won't give our board a moments peace if he thinks somebody isn't good enough and needs replacing. So hopefully he piles on the pressure in January. 

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Age does not seem to make defeat any easier, especially what we have gone through the last few years. :cheers: 

We've got less time left to see the good stuff...that's what makes it more painful! Truthfully, i can't imagine any of us feel any differnt today after what happened at Hampden....but i also believe the vast majority of us have been wondering are we REALLY the real deal yet? I said as much in another post earlier in the week and copped a slating for it. The bastard players and bastard manager have done such a magnificent job of building up our collective expectations, we all got swept along in the wave of enthusiasm despite our better judgement tellng us that Motherwell and Livinston weren't flukes. For me, overall the project is still ahead of schedule.

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Completely agree.

I just hope he can learn from the last few performances. 

He clearly won't give our board a moments peace if he thinks somebody isn't good enough and needs replacing. So hopefully he piles on the pressure in January. 

I think we really lack a bit of quality in midfield. Ejaria was brought in to be that player, but he’s still too rough around the edges. I don’t want to say it, but I’m warming to the idea of Davis coming back as a short term solution.

I’ve no read this whole thread but my opinion is that SG is happy to get his name in light in the European stage but not so much domestically. 

Not that I think he doesn’t care, but his name on lights in Europe takes him a step closer to the Liverpool job (his ultimate goal) 

this is a cracking training nappy for him 

but ultimately, expendable and unemotional

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I think we really lack a bit of quality in midfield. Ejaria was brought in to be that player, but he’s still too rough around the edges. I don’t want to say it, but I’m warming to the idea of Davis coming back as a short term solution.

I think even Ejaria is surprised at the type of player he is. 

I honestly think he's our best CM at winning the ball and holding onto it. His quick feet are such an attribute, but I don't think he has the vision to be more than that. 

13 minutes ago, Yonner said:

We've got less time left to see the good stuff...that's what makes it more painful! Truthfully, i can't imagine any of us feel any differnt today after what happened at Hampden....but i also believe the vast majority of us have been wondering are we REALLY the real deal yet? I said as much in another post earlier in the week and copped a slating for it. The bastard players and bastard manager have done such a magnificent job of building up our collective expectations, we all got swept along in the wave of enthusiasm despite our better judgement tellng us that Motherwell and Livinston weren't flukes. For me, overall the project is still ahead of schedule.

I did not expect the run in Europe but the away form in the league as you refer to has been disappointing. I think we are all starved for a trophy but most of all the league, when any of that might happen is very difficult to know just now.

I hope that Stevie can start to recognise when changes need to take place, maybe needs to listen to Garry and his other backroom staff more. This continuing with Tav taking all corners and free kicks really surprises me, he must see what we are seeing and it seems as if he does not want to try someone different.

The project might be ahead of schedule for yourself, I would say in Europe yes, but to be honest apart from hopefully getting in money to buy better players it might be too much for our squad at the moment. Having said that it is great to be back at Ibrox on Europa game night. 

I will see what happens when I go on Wed night, although that might not he a great game to judge on, given out home form is good in the league, but next Sat away to St Mirren is a game we should be winning and we will see how that one goes.    

Archived