Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lloyd

Gerrard

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Some of the running themes ITT.

Gerrard waits too long to make subs - changed that tonight, still not good enough.

Gerrard should give middleton more time - done that, not good enough.

(tonights match thread) flanagan and coulibally are shite, get them off - done that, not good enough.

Why gerrard still has Tav on the corners is mental  - changed that, not good enough.

The obvious answer is the players are just not good enough.

sassaaaa and surfsup2 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

bring back walter.........

no big Sam........

No let's get McInnes or Stevie Clark.......

 

might as well get the shit started

 

 

You forgot the tav is shite. Halliday only gets a game cos he grew up next door. Blah blah blah. Let's get all the armchair managers and financial experts to fund a new manager with vast experience and sort him a 500 mil budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frustrating at the moment and the team definitely needs freshened up, but Gerrard is still the man for the job. This team may be 5th and dropping points but the problem is only in one area: attacking at pace. We can keep the ball, defend and attack, but we are struggling to score, not because our strikers are poor, but because we can't move quickly enough when either counter attacking or when the opposition defends in depth. We may already have the solution in our ranks but getting game time for rusty players has been a problem. It's probably time that some of the midfielders are rested and the likes of Grezda and Middleton get a run.

MonTheGers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He's built a squad sitting joint top of a uefa cup group, Still in a cup and only 8 points behind the league leaders ( 5 if we win our game in hand)

I'd say he hasn't done all that bad in a few months.

Every single team in our group is in turmoil. 

Villareal sitting 17th in la liga - played with us and we were VERY lucky to come out of that only conceding two. They battered us. 

Spartak binned their gaffer and had their fitness coach in charge. Also struggling and it was a 50/50 game at home. Ignore the ‘they are a CL team’ bollocks. They are miles from it.

Rapid  Vienna 7th in their league, also binned their gaffer before playing us. Also very shite.

The history books will show good results and hopefully us qualifying. But I cannot accept Europe protecting Gerrard. SPFL and beating the scum is our bread and butter. Our absolute priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

This place is a fuckin joke after a poor result. Let's just sack everyone cause the opposition sat 10 men in the box and played for a draw. 

Get the killy taig in. Sorted.

We deserve him with the amount of shite levelled at the boss in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, writingranger said:

Frustrating at the moment and the team definitely needs freshened up, but Gerrard is still the man for the job. This team may be 5th and dropping points but the problem is only in one area: attacking at pace. We can keep the ball, defend and attack, but we are struggling to score, not because our strikers are poor, but because we can't move quickly enough when either counter attacking or when the opposition defends in depth. We may already have the solution in our ranks but getting game time for rusty players has been a problem. It's probably time that some of the midfielders are rested and the likes of Grezda and Middleton get a run.

At last some sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gsa said:

The obvious answer is the players are just not good enough.

Definitely an element of that.  I think we are missing a playmaking centre midfielder to link up play. and I think we need another striker.

I think we have the makings of a good team here,  a few tweaks and better additions and we are going to be fine.

Vision and BridgeIsBlue like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue Avenger said:

KGet the killy taig in. Sorted.

We deserve him with the amount of shite levelled at the boss in here.

Don't know what folk expect. We might naw get 55 this year but in my opinion we're heading in the right direction. Fed up of the constant negative shite spouted in here. 

The Ibrox Derry likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have hit a wall, we will come good again. I understand all the frustrations, as we have seen this scenario too many times, but we will get through this sticky patch, its been a bad week. Weve got to give Gerrard and the players our continued support.  Now is not the time for turning in on ourselves. C'mon tae fuck bears.

surfsup2 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gsa said:

I agree we should certainly do all we can to be involved in European football as long as we can but I don't actually know how much money/prestige there is in it. If we get out of our Europa group, I don't think we'll earn fortunes and I don't really think anyone will care, apart from us of course.

by money I was referring to 50,000 times the ticket price 7 times this season.  Money per point etc is extra.  From where we've been that's a small-fortune. 

Tge prestige of Europe may allow us to attract better player, get annoyed the way people write it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We've just went 11 unbeaten in Europe.  

We've only lost twice this season.

Of course we need to improve, but it's no where near as bad as posters like you are making it out to be.

 

Great news we will get to watch them gain another treble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

We've just went 11 unbeaten in Europe.  

We've only lost twice this season.

Of course we need to improve, but it's no where near as bad as posters like you are making it out to be.

 

I've been fairly critical of Gerrard from the start but I can see what you're saying. The reality is that if we scrapped our way out of the Euro group and were no more than 6 or 7 points of the top of the league at Christmas, we'd be doing well enough. 

We categorically need a run of league wins now though and with 3 Euro games still to come, it's hard to see that happening. 

I think there's so much angst because we thought Gerrard would add some balls to the team and it hasn't happened. We've all had enough with guys like Broadfoot coming to Ibrox and taking liberties

 

gogzy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Don't know what folk expect. We might naw get 55 this year but in my opinion we're heading in the right direction. Fed up of the constant negative shite spouted in here. 

much of it spouted by cunts who never go to games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blackandra said:

Don't know what folk expect. We might naw get 55 this year but in my opinion we're heading in the right direction. Fed up of the constant negative shite spouted in here. 

The level of emotional immaturity is unbelievable. Acting like pubescent 13 year olds. How the fuck do these people cope with the real issues in life. I pity the cunts, I really do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say the league is over.

Taigs rediscovering form.and our confidence shot.

We shouldve won. We should also have had a pk but it's same.old.same old.

Our season now consists of the Scottish cup and however long we can go in the Europa.

Don't see how we claw these four points back and thats fucking frightening to say already 

16BlueSherbert90 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Don't know what folk expect. We might naw get 55 this year but in my opinion we're heading in the right direction. Fed up of the constant negative shite spouted in here. 

Never thought we would get 55 this season, a good second and beating the scum at least twice will do me, a cup might be a Bridge too far 

surfsup2 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gsa said:

 

I've been fairly critical of Gerrard from the start but I can see what you're saying. The reality is that if we scrapped our way out of the Euro group and were no more than 6 or 7 points of the top of the league at Christmas, we'd be doing well enough. 

We categorically need a run of league wins now though and with 3 Euro games still to come, it's hard to see that happening. 

I think there's so much angst because we thought Gerrard would add some balls to the team and it hasn't happened. We've all had enough with guys like Broadfoot coming to Ibrox and taking liberties

 

I think some ( myself included) may have had higher expectations than we should really have.  WE are over acheiving in Europe and under achieving elsewhere.

At least we are over achieving somewhere lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...