Sign in to follow this  
Lloyd

Gerrard

2 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Run of games doesn't get any easier. December sees us play Hearts away, Hibs home and away, celtic at home and Aberdeen at home

Ffs blood pressure will be thru the roof ?

1 minute ago, gsa said:

I've been fairly critical of Gerrard from the start but I can see what you're saying. The reality is that if we scrapped our way out of the Euro group and were no more than 6 or 7 points of the top of the league at Christmas, we'd be doing well enough. 

We categorically need a run of league wins now though and with 3 Euro games still to come, it's hard to see that happening. 

I think there's so much angst because we thought Gerrard would add some balls to the team and it hasn't happened. We've all had enough with guys like Broadfoot coming to Ibrox and taking liberties

This is the bit that's bugging the hell out of me.  We showed against Hearts & Rapid that we do have the balls for a battle, why can we not show that in EVERY game, if we did we'd steamroll teams in Scotland

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Manager is a negative result on Sat away from a crisis.

He'll be out feb march time and well be on the hunt for another manager.

You are fucking delusional if you think that. 

alibali59 likes this

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

They've won nothing yet.  Still a long way to go in the season.

They are in a final of a cup against Aberdeen that's like a by we won't be stopping them given the way we play.

I think he needs a bigger mirror to look at himself in. Domestically shocking and no better than others imo. Hope to fuck he turns it around in the league but his lack of going off his nut on the touch line was a worry for me this evening.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

I'll say what I said early on In the season though. We need to give SG at least 3 windows. We can't just chop and change managers.

It was imo always going to take three transfer windows to fix this unless some.mad Arabs buy us 

Doesnt matter how bad it gets , hes got a ridiculous four year deal that the club would never be able to pay even if they wanted to........

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I'll say what I said early on In the season though. We need to give SG at least 3 windows. We can't just chop and change managers.

It was imo always going to take three transfer windows to fix this unless some.mad Arabs buy us 

I don't think there are any Arabs who are that mad.

I'm not a huge fan of Gerrard but it'd be a disaster for the club to get rid of him at this stage, he needs to change something, players most likely. 

gogzy likes this

We would not be in this position if we didn't have Europe. We have played roughly the same amount of European games than domestic, and hence double the amount of games than most teams in the league plus travelling. And it's only October. That is a huge consideration when evaluating the season up to this point

Just now, gsa said:

I'm not a huge fan of Gerrard but it'd be a disaster for the club to get rid of him at this stage, he needs to change something, players most likely. 

We definitely need to give him time.

We have to give someone time :lol:

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'd say the league is over.

Taigs rediscovering form.and our confidence shot.

We shouldve won. We should also have had a pk but it's same.old.same old.

Our season now consists of the Scottish cup and however long we can go in the Europa.

Don't see how we claw these four points back and thats fucking frightening to say already 

Gota disagree. It's a long season and alot of points still to be gained. Let's just see how it pans out. Every team has a blip and we've played a helluva lot of games already. Hopefully get a few new players in in Jan and we can kick on. 

surfsup2 and Blue Avenger like this

Just now, gsa said:

I actually feel.shite as a fan and for the team today tbh..that again was practically dominant and then bang they score. Our keeper then spends the next 84 mins thinking what he's doing when he gets home tonight.

I text my wee mate the other day though and said to.him as much as things change they stay the same. That's how it feels.

We've dominated spartak, Aberdeen and killie and scored 1 goal from what I make 36 chances. That's awful 

Blue Avenger and gogzy like this

2 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Gota disagree. It's a long season and alot of points still to be gained. Let's just see how it pans out. Every team has a blip and we've played a helluva lot of games already. Hopefully get a few new players in in Jan and we can kick on. 

Mate they're finding another level the now.

We can't match that as it stands 

7 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The level of emotional immaturity is unbelievable. Acting like pubescent 13 year olds. How the fuck do these people cope with the real issues in life. I pity the cunts, I really do.

You've got to remember people feel free to unwind in here because it's not real life, it's a place to vent after bad results. It'll be a sad day when there is no angst over draws at home with Kilmarnock.

gogzy and The Ibrox Derry like this

Just now, KingKirk said:

Once the fans turn he's finished. Its already started. 

The RM fans or the masses? Gerrard is a marketing icon for our club. At least he learned from mistakes by trying to change it up earlier tonight. It didn't work. I will give him another transfer window to tweak things.

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate you are 100 percent correct. Can’t keep on changing and chopping. I’m confident he will get it right. He will suss Scottish football out. He needs time. 

Rfc52 and gogzy like this

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You are fucking delusional if you think that. 

He will get the full season no matter what the results are from now until the end of the season 

for one reason, Dave kings love of Liverpool 

I actually don’t see us finishing 2nd with Gerrard, hearts and hibs will fight that out, 4th place league finish, maybe get a draw against the taigs at ibrox and will fail in the Scottish cup as well, handing them a treble treble and 8 in a row

that's the harsh reality of employing a rookie manager to club like ours in a situation like ours 

he might well become a fantastic manager in the future, but allowing him to cut his teeth with a club like ours, especially at this point, was and is madness. 

callumbo87 likes this

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Once the fans turn he's finished. Its already started. 

There's no way he'll be sacked and I don't think this forum is a entirely accurate representation of the support as a whole. We all know that a couple of wins and he'll be the greatest thing ever.

Looked a broken man tonight, got no reaction at all from Sunday, apart from goldson the players he spent big money on are just not performing, preferring to go with Worrall, Middleton ect, it's worrying he doesn't trust katic or Grezda considering how much they cost. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The RM fans or the masses? Gerrard is a marketing icon for our club. At least he learned from mistakes by trying to change it up earlier tonight. It didn't work. I will give him another transfer window to tweak things.

The RM fans are Rangers? He needs January tomorrow but he's got December to get through first

Smile likes this

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate they're finding another level the now.

We can't match that as it stands 

Aye that's true, but we've plenty time to improve that's all I'm saying. We win our game in hand and it looks alot brighter. I'm still pretty positive we're going in the right direction 

Just now, Blackandra said:

Aye that's true, but we've plenty time to improve that's all I'm saying. We win our game in hand and it looks alot brighter. I'm still pretty positive we're going in the right direction 

We only have a game in hand on hearts mate