Gerrard

Lloyd

14 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

This is the bit that's bugging the hell out of me.  We showed against Hearts & Rapid that we do have the balls for a battle, why can we not show that in EVERY game, if we did we'd steamroll teams in Scotland

Exactly mate this is what I don't get with them they have done it in a few games. Then completely bottle it in others.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We cant keep sacking managers.  That is why the SG gamble has to work.  Plenty of coaching is required for a start.

What frustrates me is our lack of leadership ON the park.  Off the park I think SG is all there and he is being let down by bad habbits by the Taverniers of this world (how many times does he need to take a set play before he realises hes wasting them).  If Davis is the sollution to that then so be it but we need to do something because we're looking flat when things aren't going well and it's the same story as last year.  And the year before. And the year before that.

11 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

The one thing that worries me is that SG came in and got average players playing above themselves.  Maybe that is not sustainable  and average players are now reverting to type. 

You got it in one!

Exactly the same dynamic as under MW and Pedro, but ffs, don't let the experts know.

16 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'll say what I said early on In the season though. We need to give SG at least 3 windows. We can't just chop and change managers.

It was imo always going to take three transfer windows to fix this unless some.mad Arabs buy us 

I think that is kind.

Gerrard has been given significant funds (in our recent terms) to change things.

Whilst our performances in Europe have been above par, our bread and butter (confirmed by Gerrard) has been worse than before.

We have seen the same below par performances far too often this Season and nothing can excuse it, considering he has a clearly higher quality of player. Not to mention a further depth in the squad.

Excuses shouldn't be made. I want him to succeed and take no pleasure in these results, but we need to find someone who can grind out results domestically. 

2 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I think the boos at FT tonight speaks volumes 

he won’t get time here ( no one does) from the fans 

we don’t want to hear pishy wee sound bites and excuses, we just want to win 

we are all very fickle and I think by the start of the winter break the public consensus on SG will be almost unanimous I’m afraid 

I can't think of a better man football wise or marketing wise to take us forward. If you do, I'm all ears and please don't suggest some old English guy that has been recycled because there is many of them.

5 minutes ago, kanjo said:

We cant keep sacking managers.  That is why the SG gamble has to work.  Plenty of coaching is required for a start.

The board don’t gave the money to keep sacking managers. This is why SG needs time. We need to stick with him imo, fans want instant success, ain’t going to happen 

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

You got it in one!

Exactly the same dynamic as under MW and Pedro, but ffs, don't let the experts know.

most teams get a reaction from a new manager no matter where it is 

it doesn’t last though 

they just start slipping back into default shite mode, unless the manager knows what he is doing 

So the manager gives the whole squad a warning after the semi final. Individially and collectivly. Says he will look for their replacements if they don't shape up and come out their shell. He is rewarded by that performance tonight. Although i never saw any of the game I'm just going by all the comments in here. What does he do now ? 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I can't think of a better man football wise or marketing wise to take us forward. If you do, I'm all ears and please don't suggest some old English guy that has been recycled because there is many of them.

He was a great player 

he is a global brand

in sure he will make a good manager one day 

but I’m being realistic 

if we fall further behind and the tims beat us at ibrox before the break, folk will be calling for his head. 

They won’t give a Fuck about his brand or his journey into management 

he is a rookie and we can’t have that Rangers

Just now, BILLYBOY50 said:

So the manager gives the whole squad a warning after the semi final. Individially and collectivly. Says he will look for their replacements if they don't shape up and come out their shell. He is rewarded by that performance tonight. Although i never saw any of the game I'm just going by all the comments in here. What does he do now ? 

Start coaching the ones who need to improve.  If the coaching fails tell them to find a new club.

If I was not producing results in my job then it's the exact same scenario... and we all know what happens if that fails.  I maintain that there are bad habbits in our club just now dating back to the MW era and we need to source those habbits now.

17 minutes ago, gsa said:

You've got to remember people feel free to unwind in here because it's not real life, it's a place to vent after bad results. It'll be a sad day when there is no angst over draws at home with Kilmarnock.

I agree, but calling for the Managers head is absolute pish.

3 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Waterboard them.

Just now, gogzy said:

We dominated that game, I think that's whats most frustratin.

61% possesion

19 shots on goal

6 on target

13 corners.

We just need that missing ingredient.

That missing ingredient has been missing for a while and we will be languishing in league before we have a chance to add that ingredient..

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

We dominated that game, I think that's whats most frustratin.

61% possesion

19 shots on oal

6 on taret

13 corners.

We just need that missing ingredient.

Is it possible for a lowly member to give admin a warning? Let's pretend it is.

Quoting corner stats is wildly unacceptable. Considered yourself warned. 

9 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I think that is kind.

Gerrard has been given significant funds (in our recent terms) to change things.

Whilst our performances in Europe have been above par, our bread and butter (confirmed by Gerrard) has been worse than before.

We have seen the same below par performances far too often this Season and nothing can excuse it, considering he has a clearly higher quality of player. Not to mention a further depth in the squad.

Excuses shouldn't be made. I want him to succeed and take no pleasure in these results, but we need to find someone who can grind out results domestically. 

The biggest worry for me are his 3 most expensive signings have done fuck all for almost a month?

Just now, gsa said:

Is it possible for a lowly member to give admin a warning? Let's pretend it is.

Quoting corner stats is wildly unacceptable. Considered yourself warned. 

Quoting the stats from the website mate.

We should be scoring from at least one of 13 corners, so that's actually a negative.

Being honest, we as a fan base (myself included) all got carried away when we were beating diddy European teams. We're now realising we're not as good as we thought, and it's a big comedown. The scum game stuck out like a sore thumb and was the first sign that nothing much had changed domestically. We've done fairly well in the group stages, and that's been papering over the cracks. Gerrard has to find a way to get the team scoring the chances....numerous chances, we're creating. And fast! I never felt it was necessary to win the league this season, but felt/feel we HAVE to come second and by a smallish margin. 

The worry is that, after today's annual figures, I can see Morelos being sold if a decent bid comes in, so we'll have to effectively find 2 scoring strikers.

Just now, gogzy said:

Quoting the stats from the website mate.

We should be scoring from at least one of 13 corners, so that's actually a negative.

I'm just pleased when one of our corners actually makes it into the box .

Archived