Gerrard

Lloyd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sweettartangirl said:

I was at the game tonight and the game was absolutely howling.  

That's all I am saying.... For now.  

you rarely comment on games so obviously not directed at you, just saying like.   Actually, must have been murder sitting through that krap.  There is a pedestrian element to our play these last few games that is unacceptable, the question is why????

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

Being honest, we as a fan base (myself included) all got carried away when we were beating diddy European teams. We're now realising we're not as good as we thought, and it's a big comedown. The scum game stuck out like a sore thumb and was the first sign that nothing much had changed domestically. We've done fairly well in the group stages, and that's been papering over the cracks. Gerrard has to find a way to get the team scoring the chances....numerous chances, we're creating. And fast! I never felt it was necessary to win the league this season, but felt/feel we HAVE to come second and by a smallish margin. 

The worry is that, after today's annual figures, I can see Morelos being sold if a decent bid comes in, so we'll have to effectively find 2 scoring strikers.

Aye mate we were fucking walking on air after beating shkupi

This place man :lol:

there's criticism then the fucking nonsense you read on here 

Gerrard has to work.

As much as I did not want him in the first place and I'm concerned how things are going we have to stick with him. Not least because I presume his long term contract would be a small fortune to buy out, add to this as the accounts show we can't keep accumulating and paying off players every season.

8 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Being honest, we as a fan base (myself included) all got carried away when we were beating diddy European teams. We're now realising we're not as good as we thought, and it's a big comedown. The scum game stuck out like a sore thumb and was the first sign that nothing much had changed domestically. We've done fairly well in the group stages, and that's been papering over the cracks. Gerrard has to find a way to get the team scoring the chances....numerous chances, we're creating. And fast! I never felt it was necessary to win the league this season, but felt/feel we HAVE to come second and by a smallish margin. 

The worry is that, after today's annual figures, I can see Morelos being sold if a decent bid comes in, so we'll have to effectively find 2 scoring strikers.

We diddy teams??  we're top of a group that are hardly diddies and the teams we beat in the qualifiers dispatched many Scottish clubs in past seasons.   We play in a real diddy league, a league seen as a joke in Europe.  As for the league, plenty of games still to play but we need to get our tempo back and find some consistency.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

you rarely comment on games so obviously not directed at you, just saying like.   Actually, must have been murder sitting through that krap.  There is a pedestrian element to our play these last few games that is unacceptable, the question is why????

When I have had time to relax and reflect,  I will give my diplomatic response to your question,  but yes,  I generally try not to respond directly after a game.  It doesn't get taken very well in this man cave;)  

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye mate we were fucking walking on air after beating shkupi

This place man :lol:

there's criticism then the fucking nonsense you read on here 

:lol: Fuck up. We were already starting to celebrate 55 after beating UFA away. Aye, the mighty UFA.

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

We diddy teams??  we're top of a group that are hardly diddies and the teams we beat in the qualifiers dispatched many Scottish clubs in past seasons.   We play in a real diddy league, a league seen as a joke in Europe.  As for the league, plenty of games still to play but we need to get our tempo back and find some consistency.

Villareal and Rapid are not exactly what I would call 'blue chip' European teams right now though. Anyway, I was talking more about the qualifiers.

When many were getting carried away earlier on I still thought winning the league was a step too far this season but I was hopeful of making them sweat a bit this time and carrying that onto next season, it looks like we're very possibly heading for another 2nd/3rd/4th scrap which is the soul destroying thing and one chance of a cup was lost to the sheep

We obviously have to stick with the Gerrard project when so much has been invested in it and we really haven't got any other options left but the air of invincibility he built up for himself is rapidly diminishing and this is a massive test for his early management career in how he handles the bad run we seem to be having now

3 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

:lol: Fuck up. We were already starting to celebrate 55 after beating UFA away. Aye, the mighty UFA.

Villareal and Rapid are not exactly what I would call 'blue chip' European teams right now though. Anyway, I was talking more about the qualifiers.

We beat decent sides in the qualifiers. Osijek beat PSV Eindhoven home and away last season and Maribor were in the Champions League and we are holding our own in a competitive group too, including getting a credible result at a side who have made the knockout stages of this tournament for the past four seasons. We are shite domestically but let’s not start downplaying how well we have done in Europe to try and make us look even worse.

59 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Some players are just not cut out mentally to play and be successful at Rangers. That daily and weekly pressure cracks most of them. I can understand why. They can keep it going for a while, then hit a wall. Its not easy.

Yeah, their not good enough. That's all everyone has been saying..

1 hour ago, LegendofCoop said:

You never mentioned blue chip and neither did I but they are miles ahead of anything in the SPFL with the exception of perhaps the taigs.   Teams in the qualifiers including Maribor have dispatched numerous Scottish teams in past years.  

Celebrating 55??  Too many idiots get carried away on here after either good results or a couple of bad results.  We are neither on our way to Baku nor are we as bad as some of the panty wetter would have you believe. 

I know he didn’t play tonight but for me one of his biggest mistakes so far is signing Ejaria and expecting him to be a reliable, consistent creative force in midfield.

Jack is decent at what he does but is limited, Coulibaly is looking like a shadow of the player who started off so well, Arfield is busy and works hard but lacks that creative flair that we are crying out for and Rossiter isn’t a creater either.

Maybe he thought he would have Dorrans available to him to share the load, but to go into a season with an over reliance on Ejaria as the only midfielder who has a bit of skill and creativity was always likely to backfire because he’s an inexperienced player who still has a lot to learn and somebody should have realised that we also needed somebody more experienced and more consistent playing ahead of him.

As I’ve said countless times about other young loanees that we’ve had in recent years, we aren’t a Rotherham, Bolton or Charlton where you can rack up 30-40 first team appearances on loan and have it be considered a success even though you’ve only played well in 10-12 games because winning one game in three isn’t acceptable here.

We need guys who are experienced enough, or have the mentality to do it week in, week out, eapdically in the middle of the park in games like we’ve played over the past week.

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

bring back walter.........

no big Sam........

No let's get McInnes or Stevie Clark.......

might as well get the shit started

What about Michael Preud’homme? The one point RM messiah who’s taken Standard Liege to the dizzy heights of 5th in the Belgian League.

Archived