Why did he go down?

scottyc06

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Don't know if you seen Gerrard saying just a few weeks back that he needs to get better just in training before he would even be considered for a place on the bench.(paraphrasing a lot there but that was the jist of it.) 

How does he go from that to become the first pick in such an important game? Only thing I can think of is that there's no cancellation clause in his contract unless he agrees to rip it up? 

So I'm guessing that he's said to Gerrard to pick him and give him a full 90mins to prove himself and he'll show he had what it takes to be the only striker in a Rangers team and he genuinely believed he had that ability or he doesn't enjoy Scotland and wants to go back to Italy and Gerrard has went for it. 

The part I'm really struggling with is Gerrard taking the blame for yesterday. Good on him for admitting he fucked up, but what are the consequences? What's his punishment? Unless he gets some sort of punishment, like giving back a weeks wages or something like that then basically he's showing that things like yesterday are acceptable at our club and there's no expectations or consequences for admitting you fucked up here. 

It's a fucking disgrace and there MUST be consequences for yesterday as it will set a completely unacceptable precedent for the future. 

I would've 100% rather have one of our own youngsters on the park fucking it up rather than having what should be fucking Roma's burden not giving a fuck about our team. At least we know if we played one of our own youngsters he would at least have cared and gave 100%. 

It's bloody baffling why we are taking youngsters from a team in Italy when we have plenty of people who would literally give a part of their body to get the chance Sadiq got yesterday. 

So does anyone have a clue what Gerrard's punishment will be for yesterday or is him saying that he takes the blame enough to be acceptable for us these days? 

He was not first pick he was third choice. 

I've been as big a critic of his signing than anyone, but he caused Aberdeen more problems than Wilson or May caused us.

Want him nowhere near the club but the criticism of his overall performance (the criticism of his silly dive is spot on) is way over the top.

If that was Ryan Kent, you'd all be claiming it was a stonewall. Speaking of which, Kent went down under a soft ball winning challenge in the first half, yet i don't hear cries for him never to return to the team.

51 minutes ago, Smile said:

BeneficialImmenseDiscus-size_restricted.

Clear push for me penalty all day at the speed Umar was running and the Aberdeen player even caught his feet.

Ask yourself this did the Aberdeen player play the ball or the man.

first time seen it (missed the goal and this) - he's turning to take ball round goalie and is pushed - clear penalty and red card but what do you expect from beaton who had a great view of it

s

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Had a hand in the back from the defender and went down, expecting the keeper to rattle him. 

Lewis pulled up, and made the dive just look completely ridiculous. 

The hysteria is over the top. Isn’t the first or last player to do it in a Rangers shirt. He’s the easy target when in fact there were far more experienced players who were much worse yesterday. 

Edit; and that without considering Gerard’s role in this. 

Was more than a hand in the back,it was a shove but should still have gone on to score,Candeias,I think, even stopped the ball from going out,Sadiq would have been in place for a tap in.

19 minutes ago, moody blue 1972 said:

first time seen it (missed the goal and this) - he's turning to take ball round goalie and is pushed - clear penalty and red card but what do you expect from beaton who had a great view of it

s

Watched that a few times,aye it is a penalty for the push and I doubt if any player could have stayed on their feet.

7 hours ago, geronimoo said:

It was a dive, and he is a donkey.

It ended up a theatrical dive but he was pushed a bit....not enough to go down like he did but certainly enough to knock him off kilter.

You can see his standing leg slide slightly.

a professional footballer should still be able to keep going tho’.

i actually thought he did fairly well considering he’d only played 26 mins of first team football, tho’ I appreciate the vast majority didn’t.

53 minutes ago, Yonner said:

If that was Ryan Kent, you'd all be claiming it was a stonewall. Speaking of which, Kent went down under a soft ball winning challenge in the first half, yet i don't hear cries for him never to return to the team.

Wit?

Kent never dived, Sadiq did and the reason people don't want him back in is because he is woeful, Kent is one of, if not our most important players.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's a black thing with you. 

giphy.gif

Even if I was a black guy you would have to agree that Sadiq, when the pressure was on - failed. 

Think he must have been looking for a big hole to jump into after hearing our crowd and the ref showing a yellow card.

Hes a young guy - no doubt is capable - just needs to toughen himself up for professional football. 

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

Even if I was a black guy you would have to agree that Sadiq, when the pressure was on - failed. 

Think he must have been looking for a big hole to jump into after hearing our crowd and the ref showing a yellow card.

Hes a young guy - no doubt is capable - just needs to toughen himself up for professional football. 

I don't think he did that badly, to be honest, looked better than some of the players who just didn't look interested at all.  

25 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Wit?

Kent never dived, Sadiq did and the reason people don't want him back in is because he is woeful, Kent is one of, if not our most important players.

Kent likes to hit the first man with every ball he gets in a dangerous area flatters to deceive.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I don't think he did that badly, to be honest, looked better than some of the players who just didn't look interested at all.  

I couldn't see us losing yesterday and yet I was too nervous to watch the entire game kept jumping up to do some nonsense. But every time I got back to the laptop it felt like Sadiq was being pulled up for offside, again. Infuriating character. 

I'm on leave in Southern Africa and absolutely deflated, put a dampener on the next day or 2.

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

I couldn't see us losing yesterday and yet I was too nervous to watch the entire game kept jumping up to do some nonsense. But every time I got back to the laptop it felt like Sadiq was being pulled up for offside, again. Infuriating character. 

I'm on leave in Southern Africa and absolutely deflated, put a dampener on the next day or 2.

Aberdeen struggles to score against anyone this season we are utter dogshit away from Ibrox we still have the same losers mentality that the support lap up as long as Gerrard and Tav apologize after a loss.