How to break down teams sitting deep?

NeoGeo7

Bottom line is our attacking third players aren’t as good as the best team’s in the country. 

Only two teams face the challenge of 10 men behind the ball in our league. 

Sad fact is that the Rogic and Ntchams are a cut above anything we have creatively. If we only signed 2 or 3 players of real quality in the next couple of transfer windows, and avoided another gutting of the squad we’d be in a much better place. 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Having someone that can hit a good cross ball with accuracy and  pace will always bring goals 

Not someone who kicks it into an area and hopes for the best 

Or someone who can't get the ball over the first man on a frighteningly high amount of times 

Having better back up strikers would be good

That's the most frustrating thing for me. Failing to beat the first man on the odd occasion is fair enough but for a professional footballer to consistently hit the first man with his crosses, especially from a dead ball, is absolutely criminal.

Far more fluidity required from those playing midfield to front. Midfield three sit next to one another and two wide players continually stay in that position and rarely roam. Candelas rarely beats a man and Kent cuts inside all the time it’s so predictable.

One of those in the middle needs to push on one as a man behind the striker, rotate it if you want but it should never be Coulibaly, hard working but no guile. Needs moved quicker than the too many touches, ponderous shite that seems to plague us. 

A striker that can head a ball!!! 

We have two full backs and two wingers crossing amd crossing amd crossing.

And not one striker that can get in there and head..... been same for years. 

Corners I genuinly though at the start of the season we were superb thats has disapeared. 

Maybe have Kent on them for a few games. 

Kinda sick of saying it.

Striker that can head..... a midfielder  that can shoot.   

4 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Move and play quick direct passes. And the occasional shot would help as well.

Aberdeen basically played two lines of five across the back, trying to break quickly. When we broke up their attack too often we stroked it around the back four rather than pinging out to the wing straight away, consequently they had time to get back and flood their box. When we press and shift the ball quickly we look a decent side.

For me, one twos between full backs and wingers who get to the byline and get the ball into the centre of the box with on coming midfielders and a good striker. I feel like we actually did the first part well but as pointed out by other posters the final ball or the options once the ball was at the byline just were not there.

Despite all the negatives from yesterday I didn't find us actually struggling to get past their defence, especially wide. It was just everything else.