The club requires a captain in the traditional mould.

backup

4 hours ago, backup said:

What a list for the right man to be part of, great memories..

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 08.14.30.png

Apologies just noticed that one of my all time favs big DJ captain from 78 to 83 is missing, from a sixteen year old on DJ really did live the dream !

You think changing captain will make us win more games?  Come on.  Tavernier is the man the manager backs and his performances so far this season justifies that decision.  He’s one of our best players and most sellable assets.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

You think changing captain will make us win more games?  Come on.  Tavernier is the man the manager backs and his performances so far this season justifies that decision.  He’s one of our best players and most sellable assets.

I am open to anything that will make us win more games, especially semi-finals that lead to finals, what do you suggest.

I hate watching the gers getting bullied off of these fucking no marks it is time to shape up or ship out. If they can't show fight playing for the Rangers they can fuck off seems like I have been posting the same post over and over and it needs to be addressed. I hope that Stevie is the man to sort this out as we don't need bottle merchants we need players that can stand up for themselves.

The problem we have is... we have no one to naturally take over as captain.  All good captains have been at the club long enough to understand and can also back that understanding with performances.  Tav is inconsistent and not the answer as I am sure most will agree.  The only real option we have right now is bringing back Davis as I honestly cannot think of someone else to take it.  What a difference Barry Ferguson or even David Weir would make to this team.

34 minutes ago, kanjo said:

The problem we have is... we have no one to naturally take over as captain.  All good captains have been at the club long enough to understand and can also back that understanding with performances.  Tav is inconsistent and not the answer as I am sure most will agree.  The only real option we have right now is bringing back Davis as I honestly cannot think of someone else to take it.  What a difference Barry Ferguson or even David Weir would make to this team.

Steven Davis is the worst captain in Rangers history, the club was in its darkest days and he hid.

I’d rather have Halliday than either Tav or Davis and that’s saying a lot.

26 minutes ago, BEE said:

Steven Davis is the worst captain in Rangers history, the club was in its darkest days and he hid.

I’d rather have Halliday than either Tav or Davis and that’s saying a lot.

Its a bad choice, but we honestly have no other tried and tested option. Its a pitty. 

8 hours ago, kanjo said:

Its a bad choice, but we honestly have no other tried and tested option. Its a pitty. 

Know I’ll get it in the neck for this but IMO we should never have binned Wallace as captain, the fact Gerrard keeps him close shows he’s still a positive influence.

Playing for the jersey is a popular choice and brings back so many good memories for us all especially bears of a certain vintage.  But it's an outdated liability.  I'd play for the jersey and captain our heroes and so would you.  But we're crap and the game has changed.  Meanwhile, celtic are captained by Scott Brown, a Rangers fans from childhood.  Other captains of theirs include Bro. Bertie Peacock, Danny McGrain, Kenny Dalglish and various others who did not quite fit their traditional profile.  So this seems to be the direction forward.

On 29/10/2018 at 14:51, backup said:

As far back as I can remember we had men of stature playing for The Rangers, none more so than our illustrious captains all eleven of them, not any more.

Today's lot lack inspiration, mettle and any understanding of what it is to be a Rangers player and the honour, plus dare I say it the expectations and traditions that come with that honour.

Our manager was a great captain, I hope he can address this problem with the same class and ferocity that he himself displayed as a Captain who led by example.

The closest we have right now is our keeper.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

It's my opinion .That making him club captain will ultimately cost our manager his job 

He won't lose his job because of one player or if that player is the captain.

Tav shouldn't be the captain though and I'd be looking to replace him with better player.