Katic

DC76

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Based on nothing other than the stuff I have just made up in my head....

I think that Katic, Barasic and Grezda have formed a bit of a clique and are not settling well with the rest of the squad.

Barasic injured all the time, with nothing really specific, Katic getting a knock and being 3rd choice now and Grezda not being anywhere as good as they made him out to be to Gerard.

There has been a falling out and now they are all down the pecking order.

Like I said though, this is all completely made up.

You're entirely correct,mouldy,as ever?I blame the destruction of Yugoslavia,myself?

37 minutes ago, DC76 said:

Big man got hooked at HT against Accies, rightly so tho that to me was a lack of match sharpness having been dumped out the team for Worrall after having a good start to the season.Goldson needs the steel Katic provides along side him?

No he wasn't

I'll take your word for it? 

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think that Katic, Barasic and Grezda have formed a bit of a clique and are not settling well with the rest of the squad.

Barasic injured all the time, with nothing really specific, Katic getting a knock and being 3rd choice now and Grezda not being anywhere as good as they made him out to be to Gerard.

You're entirely correct,mouldy,as ever?I blame the destruction of Yugoslavia,myself?

17 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Gerrard was singing his praises before he signed and said he was a player he had monitored closely in the last year, if a few clubs were after him on loan then then parent club wouldn't be out of order to send him to the club they believe he'll get the most game time, if that came off the back of assurances then so be it.

He said the exact same thing about sadiq mate, that he was a player who had impressed him from afar or something along those lines it’s hot air imo 

My money would be on the first time Gerrard laid eyes on sadiq was when mark Alan recommended him as a potential option

2 minutes ago, DC76 said:

I'll take your word for it? 

Reveal hidden contents

Aye a never cleared the editor .couldn't find the cunt?

20 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Imagine even taking the time to type that shite out.

22 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

only a warburton type would sign up to ridiculous shit like that

What is a Warburton type? When he was here he had Dom Ball who was never a regular, Zelalem who didn't feature all the time and Oduwa who was the same so I don't know why you are saying that.

Hyndman was another who was here.

To be fair plumb you've just named four loanees who would never get a game for their respective clubs who were almost first team fixtures up here..and lol and behold we have four or five loanees who can't do the same and yet are first team fixtures up here

Would play Katic over Worrall. Looked good at the start with  Goldson and they seemed to be developing an understanding.

Also he’s our player. You can’t build a team who’s expected to win things  over the next 2/3  years if you’ve 4 plus loan players in the starting XI.

Just now, plumbGER said:

What is a Warburton type? When he was here he had Dom Ball who was never a regular, Zelalem who didn't feature all the time and Oduwa who was the same so I don't know why you are saying that.

Hyndman was another who was here.

The type who comes out with shit like, we have to protect the parent clubs asset, and players being assets on clubs balance sheet, who gives a fuck how much of an asset they are to their parent club in an overhyped, overpriced league like the premiership.  

Taking a player on loan should be about getting a player who you normally couldn’t attract to benefit you first and foremost, if they do well everybody wins but if they are shite the go down the pecking order like anybody else, fuck the asset, balance sheet, parent club shite 

7 minutes ago, DC76 said:

To be fair plumb you've just named four loanees who would never get a game for their respective clubs who were almost first team fixtures up here..and lol and behold we have four or five loanees who can't do the same and yet are first team fixtures up here

They wouldn't be now though.

7 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

The type who comes out with shit like, we have to protect the parent clubs asset, and players being assets on clubs balance sheet, who gives a fuck how much of an asset they are to their parent club in an overhyped, overpriced league like the premiership.  

Taking a player on loan should be about getting a player who you normally couldn’t attract to benefit you first and foremost, if they do well everybody wins but if they are shite the go down the pecking order like anybody else, fuck the asset, balance sheet, parent club shite 

That's not what you were initially saying though, you were saying Warburton type would sign players and let their parent club dictate when we play them.

Of course we need to protect the asset, if we don't we damage our reputation and don't get further loans.

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

We were also in the championship when we had them, btw all of them played more times for us than anybody else in their careers to date

The point stands, regardless of what league we were in, they weren't automatic picks.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The point stands, regardless of what league we were in, they weren't automatic picks.

They played more games for us than they have for anybody else in their careers to date, did you miss that bit? Might not have played every week but they have played the most amount of games for us in their careers in a season, and oduwa went back after six months if I remember right

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

They played more games for us than they have for anybody else in their careers to date, did you miss that bit? Might not have played every week but they have played the most amount of games for us in their careers

What does that matter? It has no relevance to my point that they weren't automatic picks and ultimately dispels the myth that their parent clubs dictated to us that they should play.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

What does that matter? It has no relevance to my point that they weren't automatic picks and ultimately dispels the myth that their parent clubs dictated to us that they should play.

Do you know their parent clubs never had a say in how often they must play, or that the fact warbs felt he had to protect somebody else’s player that it never impacted his thoughts when picking his team?

No I don’t either, but the fact they played more times for us in a single season than anybody else in their careers to date, suggests it’s a possibility it did

i dont understand how your not getting it, unless you just don’t want to

4 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Gerrard was singing his praises before he signed and said he was a player he had monitored closely in the last year, if a few clubs were after him on loan then then parent club wouldn't be out of order to send him to the club they believe he'll get the most game time, if that came off the back of assurances then so be it.

Why was gerrard closely monitoring a 4th choice forest centre half when he was in charge of the Liverpool under 18's?