Katic

DC76

6 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Based on nothing other than the stuff I have just made up in my head....

I think that Katic, Barasic and Grezda have formed a bit of a clique and are not settling well with the rest of the squad.

Barasic injured all the time, with nothing really specific, Katic getting a knock and being 3rd choice now and Grezda not being anywhere as good as they made him out to be to Gerard.

There has been a falling out and now they are all down the pecking order.

Like I said though, this is all completely made up.

Funny you should say that , I heard that barasic loves it here, but Katic and grezda are not settling in

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Another big mistake for me, Katic was playing well, high in confidence, commanding and committed, our player and then dropped for a loanee, Katic has every right to be pissed off.

Agree plus Katic provides a goal threat from corners assuming Tav can get his ball past the first man.

7 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

Do you know their parent clubs never had a say in how often they must play, or that the fact warbs felt he had to protect somebody else’s player that it never impacted his thoughts when picking his team?

No I don’t either, but the fact they played more times for us in a single season than anybody else in their careers to date, suggests it’s a possibility it did

i dont understand how your not getting it, unless you just don’t want to

The irony of that last comment:lol:

None of us know but you're the one making the claim that someone like Warburton would sign up for it, despite evidence to the contrary.

I also don't know why you keep banging on about the point they have played more for us than anybody else, it has no relevance to the claim you are making and it's also factually incorrect:lol:

For my money Katic is as good a defender as Worrall but a much better footballer, based on the fact that he can actually pass the ball 10 yards to a blue shirt and not take an age to do it. He had a bad game against Hamilton but that was likely down to his confidence being shot after being unfairly dropped.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

The irony of that last comment:lol:

None of us know but you're the one making the claim that someone like Warburton would sign up for it, despite evidence to the contrary.

I also don't know why you keep banging on about the point they have played more for us than anybody else, it has no relevance to the claim you are making and it's also factually incorrect:lol:

Whatever ya fucking clown??

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

For my money Katic is as good a defender as Worrall but a much better footballer, based on the fact that he can actually pass the ball 10 yards to a blue shirt and not take an age to do it. He had a bad game against Hamilton but that was likely down to his confidence being shot after being unfairly dropped.

Gerrards killed Katic confidence by dropping him when he's playing well daft thing like that make players wonder where they stand with Managers and creates division in teams.

10 hours ago, DC76 said:

Big man got hooked at HT against Accies, rightly so tho that to me was a lack of match sharpness having been dumped out the team for Worrall after having a good start to the season.Goldson needs the steel Katic provides along side him?

Was ten minutes to go 

Worrall & Katic for me are both a similar standard only difference being Katic is a permanent signing at a reasonable fee. Gerrard had every right to play Worrall and have a look at him, at the same time watching Katics reaction in training. Does he come in like a man possessed next training session or does he go into his shell. Watching him against Hamilton I would say the latter, looked totally devoid of confidence and shadow of the player he was at the start of the season when Worrall and McCauley hadn't been signed.

Think Gerrard is very big on gauging a players character when they are up against it, quite sure as a young player at Liverpool he would have plenty completion for his place in the team but do you swan off a soon as trainings over or do you keep working on your game.

Wasn't there a press conference with Gerrard and Katic where Gerrard said he "loved" Katic? Painful to see the bromance end in this way. 

When Worrall goes scuttling back home to Forest I hope Katic gives Stevie another chance 

Katic had a nightmare against Hamilton, Worrall had a one against Livi and Goldson had one too away to Motherwell. I liked how Goldson and Katic were looking but Gerrard appears to really rate Worrall. Either way I can't say it's the back line that worries me about tomorrow, if anything, it's the potential repeat of Sunday where we're struggling to break down a team sitting deep as fuck.

I am hoping katic will be around for a few years and will be the mainstay in the centre of our defence for a while once he gets back in. Worral has been decent enough, and better than we have had last few years, and like others have said, Stevie really rates him. Just something I like about katic over worral, and he was striking up a fine partnership with goldson before injury. Very much hoping he is back in the squad sooner than later. Would prefer playing a player signed to us over a loan when that player is clearly capable.