Ryan Jack

Essandoh

39 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Agreed.  For now it's Jack...his distribution and availability is way better.  Coulibaly has the potential, no doubt about that.

Coulibaly seems to perform better when we are under the cosh, breaking up attacks and stepping up, driving forward, turning defence into attack.

38 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s what the midfield needs imo, we have become slow and one dimensional in there. I would start Arfield and Rossiter then take your pick from Jack or Coulibaly. 

If Ejaria plays he has to be told to play further forward it’s no good going past 3 players and he is still 40 yards from goal. 

Spot on mate, he has great feet, holds the ball up, draws a lot of fouls and must be a nightmare to play against but no good doing all that in the centre of our half.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

The oil in the gearbox.  Don't hear much from him whilst the gears are grinding but without him the engine doesn't drive properly.

Sweeps, covers, positions himself excellently and always in positions to give those on the ball an option.  Rarely gives the ball away either  but you don't hear much because he doesn't do the spectacular, flamboyant or silky stuff.  Should be the anchor in our midfield.

This, a fit on form Ryan Jack is a certain starter imo.

Any Scottish player signing for us or them from another Scottish club needs to go up a level or two to be successful.

The way that Griffiths and Armstrong in recent years have done for them, or in years gone by Goram and Davie Robertson to name two did for us. Not comparing our two with theirs in terms of ability obviously.

I think Jack's shown he's capable of doing that, but he needs to start doing it consistently.

15 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Dare I say it but Scott Brown proves there is a place for it in the modern game in Scotland.

Suppose you have a point actually although he has runners in midfield like rogic and mcgregor that run with the ball something we severely lack in the middle.

He has a job to do and does it very well imo. It’s one of those jobs in football that rarely gets noticed, he doesn’t do anything flashy but the work he does is vital, his intelligence and reading of the game are brilliant. 

I feel sorry for him because he’s doing his job while the other two in our midfield generally are not, making the whole midfield look bad.

2 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

He has a job to do and does it very well imo. It’s one of those jobs in football that rarely gets noticed, he doesn’t do anything flashy but the work he does is vital, his intelligence and reading of the game are brilliant. 

I feel sorry for him because he’s doing his job while the other two in our midfield generally are not, making the whole midfield look bad.

Nonsense. He's not doing his job at all, he's an appalling example of the "Makele role". Let's people run off his shoulder, no intelligence or nous, gives the ball away, physically weak, makes stupid fouls to try and prove he's a hardman. He's average SPL fodder.

a

Coulibalyshould be the CDM as he’s strong and as shown against Hearts is an excellent screen when centre halves are struggling.

If Jack is to play in same team as Coulibaly then we should be tweaking tactics to a 4-2-3-1..

Having Jack, Coulibaly and Ejaria in midfield and Flanagan at lb is ludicrous in 90 percent of games in Scotland.

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s good at what he does.

What we don’t need though is other five yard passers in the team alongside him.

Arfield is someone who needs to be in the team and a quality player with playmaking ability needs to be added to the midfield in January.

Is Steve Davis the answer?

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

He’s very good at the things he’s good at. He’s limited, though.

I’m a fan.

If he's very good at the thing's he's good at, that would mean the things he's good at, become very good. So he's no longer good at them, but very good at them. 

Making him very good at the thing's he's very good at.

S Gerrard rates him who is probably one of the most gifted midfielders that the UK has produced for over a decade, that’ll do for me. The praise he saw fit to give R Jack in that he was jealous of his performance in one of his matches is phenomenal,  it also speaks volumes that he hasn’t really signaled another player out in this manner. 

1 hour ago, gsa said:

Nonsense. He's not doing his job at all, he's an appalling example of the "Makele role". Let's people run off his shoulder, no intelligence or nous, gives the ball away, physically weak, makes stupid fouls to try and prove he's a hardman. He's average SPL fodder.

a

He rarely gives the ball away. You are talking nonsense but then again you rarely have anything positive to say about player.

5 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

S Gerrard rates him who is probably one of the most gifted midfielders that the UK has produced for over a decade, that’ll do for me. The praise he saw fit to give R Jack in that he was jealous of his performance in one of his matches is phenomenal,  it also speaks volumes that he hasn’t really signaled another player out in this manner. 

He also said he loved Katic, absolutely loved him, then dropped him.

16 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Steven gerrard was also a top inspirational captain and he chose tavernier for that role for us. 

Just now, jjbscotty12 said:

Steven gerrard was also a top inspirational captain and he chose tavernier for that role for us. 

Yes he does have to quickly rectify that. 

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He also said he loved Katic, absolutely loved him, then dropped him.

I thought he was being a bit tongue in cheek with that comment really, he was a bit more genuine regarding Jack. The job he is out there to do ,he does it well!