7 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

One good half-season in league one. Will be massively overpriced if we want in January, massively over-waged regardless.

Not necessarily, he's knocked back £5k a week apparently, after agent saying that's what he wanted. So maybe £5k and the chance to play with Gerrard and fight for trophies and play in Europe would be tempting. 

8 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

One good half-season in league one. Will be massively overpriced if we want in January, massively over-waged regardless.

Surely with Sunderland's successive relegations he can't be on fortune's? He's a youth team graduate. I know England is mental at times but Sunderland were in dire straights until the takeover. 

Anyway, I haven't seen much of Maja it he's well thought of and has a decent record. I'm unconvinced we could get him as one for the future. He's getting a game at his home town club and they are fighting for promotion. I'd imagine the Championship beckons one way or another

3 minutes ago, Amato said:

Not necessarily, he's knocked back £5k a week apparently, after agent saying that's what he wanted. So maybe £5k and the chance to play with Gerrard and fight for trophies and play in Europe would be tempting. 

I’d imagine his agent has advised him not to sign the new deal because the EPL sides interested will offer him significantly more.

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

Surely with Sunderland's successive relegations he can't be on fortune's? He's a youth team graduate. I know England is mental at times but Sunderland were in dire straights until the takeover. 

Anyway, I haven't seen much of Maja it he's well thought of and has a decent record. I'm unconvinced we could get him as one for the future. He's getting a game at his home town club and they are fighting for promotion. I'd imagine the Championship beckons one way or another

He’s on less than £1k per week currently.

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

He’s on less than £1k per week currently.

Well is the scouting team like him we should be looking ahead for the next Morelos cos he won't be around more than another season at best 

1 hour ago, Amato said:

Linked with 5m move to Newcastle, I’d say we are out the running ( obv not linked in first place)

On 02/01/2019 at 18:20, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

John Fleck and Rhys McCabe.

So happy that cunt's rotting away in the Irish league. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jdee.RFC said:

Linked with 5m move to Newcastle, I’d say we are out the running ( obv not linked in first place)

Yeah was just throwing the name out there. But Newcastle offering £5m wouldn't change anything unless the player wants to move to them. Can sign a precontract now. Although I guess there would be a development fee.

31 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

So happy that cunt's rotting away in the Irish league. 

He's served his time. It's time to bring him home.

Hibs are apparently the front runners to sign Ryan Gauld on loan.  I'd be looking to hijack that.  

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

Hibs are apparently the front runners to sign Ryan Gauld on loan.  I'd be looking to hijack that.  

What’s he like these days?surely if he had progressed he would be in about Scotland squads etc ?  

Gauld has been going on loan to lesser and lesser teams every season and he's in the Portuguese 2nd division now. I don't want him. Use Hibs as a trial and if he impresses there we could probably snatch him but I wouldn't risk signing another dud. 

54 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

What’s he like these days?surely if he had progressed he would be in about Scotland squads etc ?  

I've no idea what he's like these days but obviously he was fantastic when he first broke through at Dundee United.  We need a it more creativity in central midfield and that's what he was all about.  If we could send Coulibaly back to Angers and get Gould in I'd be happy enough with that.  There's very little risk with loan players there's no transfer fee and if it doesn't work you can always send them back.  

Gauld has been converted to more of a deeper lying midfielder in Portugal and that’s the last thing we need.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

I've no idea what he's like these days but obviously he was fantastic when he first broke through at Dundee United.  We need a it more creativity in central midfield and that's what he was all about.  If we could send Coulibaly back to Angers and get Gould in I'd be happy enough with that.  There's very little risk with loan players there's no transfer fee and if it doesn't work you can always send them back.  

There’s almost always a loan fee.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Gauld has been converted to more of a deeper lying midfielder in Portugal and that’s the last thing we need.

But what if Jack, McCrorie, Rossiter, Davis, Coulibaly and Halliday all get injured before Dorrans is back?

• Like 1

Gauld was that good he played 42 times in 2 seasons for utd and even made the bench for the cup final against st.johnstone before leaving. IMO, he has never proved the hype

• Like 1

Nick Powell available on pre contract, could be exactly the type of creative goal scoring midfielder we’ve been missing 

1 hour ago, blueballss said:

Gauld was that good he played 42 times in 2 seasons for utd and even made the bench for the cup final against st.johnstone before leaving. IMO, he has never proved the hype

He was brilliant that 13/14 season.  38 games with a return of 8 goals and 10 assists.  He was only 18 at time and was shortlisted for Scotland's Young Player of the Year.  Hard to believe he's just turned 23 he really needs to get away from Sporting and kick start his career again.

On another note, I seen Hyndman was sent back to Bournemouth.  I honestly though he would do well at Hibs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Nick Powell available on pre contract, could be exactly the type of creative goal scoring midfielder we’ve been missing 

Nick Powell would be a quality signing.  He'll probably get a lot of offers from down South though.  

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

Nick Powell would be a quality signing.  He'll probably get a lot of offers from down South though.  

Aye he’s be a class signing exactly the type of midfielder we need, I’d hope we’re looking at him maybe Gerrard could swing it still only 24 aswell 

Would be a good signing but he'll end up in the Premier League on big money

Powell would be outstanding. Wanted us to sign him when Warburton was here. He'll be out our reach now financially.

Powell would be fantastic! I'm sure he won't be short of great offers but we should at least be asking the question. You never know. 

Roy Hodgson has insisted he has never heard of Sunderland striker Josh Maja, who has been linked with a move to Crystal Palace in the January transfer window.

Maja has rejected the offer of a new contract at the Stadium of Light, with Palace, Huddersfield and Cardiff all understood to be interested in signing the 20-year-old, whose current contract expires in the summer.

But speaking following Palace's 1-0 win over Grimsby in the third round of the FA Cup that saw them register just once despite 34 attempts at goal, Hodgson said he knows nothing of the Sunderland man.

"I've never heard of him. I don't follow Sunderland and his name has not been mentioned to me," he said.

"I'm not going to stand here and answer questions about individuals and names.

:lol: