Rate Our Signings

Johnsey

After Sunday I was thinking about the team and some people mention we have come on leaps and bounds, some believe we've not made any progress.

So I wondered what everyone would rate the new signings based on what we've seen and what they can offer in the future.

McGregor - 9/10 - Been our best player this season imo. Has never liked a cross on top of him, something that we were aware of, but has saved us plenty of times already.

Nikola Katic - 6/10 - Had good and bad games, but at his age he should only get better. Excited for his future.

Connor Goldson - 8/10 - Can see us making some big money on this lad, composed on the ball and solid at the back.

Joe Worrall - 6/10 - Comfortable on the ball and a decent young defender. Felt he has become a little too comfortable at times and is prone to a risky turn/pass under pressure. 

Jon Flanagan - 5/10 - Adds depth to the squad and although offers us very little going forward, has been pretty decent out of position.

Borna Barisic - 6/10 - I was very excited to get him on board but has flattered to deceive at times. I still think he could be a big hit for us and with a run of games he will adapt to the Scottish game.

Lassana Coulibaly - 6/10 - I thought we had found a gem with his early season performances, however, these have dropped right off since the injury and we can see why he maybe wasn't getting a game at Angers. Still young and proven he has the ability, so time will tell.

Ovie Ejaria - 7/10 - I'm not actually Ejaria's biggest fan, but I can appreciate that most of the time he is our creative threat through the middle. Sometimes he dawdles on the ball and slows the play, but he also has the ability to unlock defences. Doesn't shirk responsibility as well, very determined to win the ball back recently.

Ryan Kent - 8/10 - Started slowly and didn't feel me with confidence at first, but he's become one of our key players. Runs at pace with tremendously quick feet and is just a pain for any defender. If he could hit either side of the keeper he could have a loads of goals.

Scott Arfield - 7/10 - Midfielder that drives us forward, without him we become very lethargic in our build up play and constantly knock the ball side to side. 

Eros Grezda - 5/10 - Not seen too much of him and so far the glimpses we have seen haven't been great. However, he's young and has plenty of potential, hopefully as he gets up to match fitness we will start to see what he's really about.

Kyle Lafferty - 7/10 - Scored some really important goals already and always gives his all. Shame he was cup tied as could have made the difference on Sunday.

Umar Sadiq - 2/10 - Obviously not seen too much of him and I know some fans feel he deserves more of a chance, but just doesn't look like a footballer in any sense. Didn't do too much wrong in the first half Sunday but also didn't do much. Criminal dive when he could have got us back in the game was unforgivable. Also for someone who seems to have plenty of pace, the amount of times he got caught offside was infuriating.

Didn't include McAuley as he obviously hasn't kicked a ball for us yet.

Will give til the end of the season before I do that.

Oh, OK then. So far...

McGregor - 8/10

Nikola Katic - 7/10 - 

Connor Goldson - 8/10 - 

Joe Worrall - 7/10 - 

Jon Flanagan - 6/10

Borna Barisic - 4/10

Lassana Coulibaly - 6/10 

Ovie Ejaria - 6/10

Ryan Kent - 7/10

Scott Arfield - 7/10

Eros Grezda - 2/10

Kyle Lafferty - 3/10

Umar Sadiq - 2/10

Plenty of scope for a good few to improve. Early days.

4 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

If Flanagan is 5/10 compared with Barisic 6/10 I'd expect Barisic to be playing more often. 

Just my opinion but includes what I think they'll offer us in the future as well. Think Barisic has been a little unlucky with injuries. 

Also Flanagan is playing out of position. I think he'd be a mark or 2 up at right back.

Just now, Broxi said:

The worst part is that our 2 best signings are loan players and we'll lose them next year

I'd say we've made 3 quality signings - Shagger, Goldson and Kent.

Genuinely don't think Kent will get much chance at Liverpool, but unless it's another loan I can't see him coming back next season.

1 hour ago, Johnsey said:

Borna Barisic - 6/10 - I was very excited to get him on board but has flattered to deceive at times. I still think he could be a big hit for us and with a run of games he will adapt to the Scottish game.

What do you mean by that? I always thought flattered to deceive meant a player like Oduwa. Someone who looks good on the ball but doesn't actually contribute that much.

39 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Kent and? Him, Goldson and McGregor are our 3 best signings.

Ejaria. Was mostly counting outfield players but fair enough I’ll put Goldson ahead of him. But we’re still going to have a rebuild job next summer having to replace Kent, Ejaria, Worrall and Coulibaly. 

McGregor - 9/10

Nikola Katic - 7/10 - 

Connor Goldson - 7/10 - 

Joe Worrall - 6/10 - 

Jon Flanagan - 6/10

Borna Barisic - 5/10

Lassana Coulibaly - 6/10 

Ovie Ejaria - 7/10

Ryan Kent - 8/10

Scott Arfield - 8/10

Eros Grezda - 3/10

Kyle Lafferty - 5/10

Umar Sadiq - 4/10

McGregor - 8 Great keeper still suspect on cross balls.

Nikola Katic - 8 Great player dropping him made no sense and offers a goal threat.

Connor Goldson - 7 I like him but at times he struggles, will improve.

Joe Worrall - 4-  slow/cumbersome and passes to the opposition players.

Jon Flanagan - 6 Done well as expected I think he will improve as well.

Borna Barisic - 4 struggles in the Spl been a disappointment.

Lassana Coulibaly - 4 Loved him at first looks shite now.

Ovie Ejaria - 5 frustrating plays like the best player at fives all the time that won't release the ball.

Ryan Kent - 7 downside hits the first man all the time with the ball.

Scott Arfield - 5 some games I like him some games he looks lost.

Eros Grezda - 0 can't judge him yet.

Kyle Lafferty - 4 not had time to judge.

Umar Sadiq - 3 feel a bit sorry for him the Manager made a cunt of him on Sunday.

Overall they are better than average but they all need to be hitting at least a 7 or 8 every game. Too many falling to the 4 or 5 range too often. The only big concern is that Sadiq doesn't fit, but the saving grace is he's only on loan. McGregor and Goldson have a decent level of consistency about them with Kent almost up there. Lots of room for improvement. 

McGregor - 9/10 - Best signing so far.  It feels great knowing we have a trustworthy keeper again.

Nikola Katic - 7/10 - Hasn't done much wrong so far.

Connor Goldson - 9/10 - Second behind McGregor.  Best defender in  Scotland imo.

Joe Worrall - 6/10 - Not convinced.

Jon Flanagan - 7/10 - Adds a lot of experience and still quite young.  I think he's better than most like to think albeit nothing fancy.

Borna Barisic - 6/10 - Needs more time IMO.

Lassana Coulibaly - 7/10 - Excellent before his injury.  Would have been 9/10 if he hadn't dropped form.  Still has time.

Ovie Ejaria - 7/10 - Was not totally convinced with him and am still not but he gives us an edge when he plays to his best.

Ryan Kent - 8/10 - Much more direct.  Everything we hoped and believed McKay could be.

Scott Arfield - 7/10 - Our best attacker from midfield.  Really rate him

Eros Grezda - 5/10 - Too early to tell.

Kyle Lafferty - 5/10 - Didn't rate him in 2012 and was delighted he left.  Has done very little so far to make me change my mind.  He has the benefit of the doubt but for now not convinced.

Umar Sadiq - 1/10 - I would be surprised if he plays again.  I really hope anyway.