I think we need to cash in on Tav and Or Morelos

Junior Soprano

24 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol:

or we could allow SG the time to build a team around our best players.

Also, I just don’t see the logic in thinking that losing one good asset can suddenly allow us to buy 3-4 better smasseys? Strange logic. 

With what? We bought a team full of squad players and loanees with the money he did spend. We are crying out for quality, we have been for 3 seasons. Nothing has changed absolutely fuck all. 

If sacraficing aone of the better players go 10 million to bring in another 4 quality players, then so be it.

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

With what? We bought a team full of squad players and loanees with the money he did spend. We are crying out for quality, we have been for 3 seasons. Nothing has changed absolutely fuck all. 

If sacraficing aone of the better players go 10 million to bring in another 4 quality players, then so be it.

Problem is players at 2.5 m are not guaranteed to be quality. We would be better off with 2 players at 4 or 5 million that could make a real difference. One of them would have to be a striker if we sell Morelos.

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

Problem is players at 2.5 m are not guaranteed to be quality. We would be better off with 2 players at 4 or 5 million that could make a real difference. One of them would have to be a striker if we sell Morelos.

One things for sure, the strategy of having half a dozen loan players does not work

Why we selling Tab just cause he can't get a ball past the first defender at corners, shouldn't we juat get someone else to take the corners and have him waiting on the edge of the box to welly in the ball if it drops to him.

To say the loans aren't trying is pish, Kent has had more exceptional games than poor ones, and I would also say the same for Ejaria.

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

One things for sure, the strategy of having half a dozen loan players does not work

Agreed it’s a short term solution and we should be moving to a situation where we only have 1 or 2 loans of players we could not ordinarily afford. 

Knee jerk reaction to a few poor results .

We're a work in progress but we need a few quality additions .

Box to box midfielder wholl support our strikers and has vision to unlock stubborn defences . That mob have McGregor and rogic , we've got 2 quality defensive mids in coulibaly and jack but we need that Barry Ferguson/ Steven Davis type.

A quality striker as support for morellos. 

Barosic back in the side .

Imo were a good side who just need a tweek and are just having a poor run . We just need a run of victories and get confidence high again but we are lacking in a couple of important positions .

Tavernier and Morelos have scored 20+ goals between them.  They also have 18 assists.  If you take both of them out the team we'll score a lot less goals.  Those two are our biggest financial assets for good reason.

Tavernier's delivery has been poor the last few games but he's one of the best crossers of a ball in the country.  

9 hours ago, psb07158 said:

If West Brom come in with a multimillion pound bid for Tav I think he'll be gone in January, but people won't realise how important he is to us until he's gone.

I do like Tav and value what he brings to the team; we would certainly miss him when he's gone if Flanagan is his replacement but if big money comes in and used to sign a RB replacement as well as add some creativity to the midfield/final 3rd...may not be the worst option, although not sure if January is best time for that!

Morelos I would not consider selling unless crazy money!

As much as Tav has pissed me off in areas,  I can't see how getting rid will improve the game any?  ALL the players are as bad as each other for different reasons.  

Disagree with getting rid of either at present.  They're not the main issue. 

The players keep getting chopped and changed around as well,  so their game is going to be scattered when there is no consistency of getting proper gel time with each other or players they're partnering up with and this is one of many issues that's creating problems also(in my opinion) 

Anyway,  I'm just talking crap... 

As you were:)