Why are people expecting things to click after just 5 months?

RFCRobertson

28 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

I agree entirely. With the players at our disposal, we should still be wiping the floor with the rest of the league. If Gerrard doesn’t have us in a realistic title fight come January he has to go. Can’t just keep signing tens of players ffs.

I hate reading never mind using the comparison but Rodgers improved a very shite celtic team with very little changes. 3 seasons ago If you’d told me Boyata would be at a World Cup and play, Callum McGregor would be lauded as one of the best CMs in the country, Forrest would have the scoring record he has id have called the loony bin.

This is the cock Gerrard chose himself he has to pish with it. If he can’t someone more experienced and qualified has to come in and do it.

This isn't going to happen. Our posted losses last night show money isn't available to sack another manager, especially a manager on a 4 year deal. 

We can't keep chopping and changing managment. The board IMO see this a long term project and will continue to back the manager.

He now needs to try and turn things around domestically.  

9 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Believe a proven manager would have us higher up the table, not even asking for us to be top after 5 months because we needed a full overhaul & realistically we are well behind the taigs

What we can't have is a guy with no experience spending a small fortune in his first job then leaving because it proves too much for him, so far it's looking that way but he deserves until the end of the year to try and turn it around with what he's brought in so far. 

If we're not 2nd at least in the league come the turn of the year & are still playing the way we are, we can't be giving him another 4/5 million to spend

Spot on.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s nice.

When do we pick up the trophy for that?

I never said we get a trophy for it. 

You said any team that has a problem scoring goals etc etc..........I simply pointed out the pesky fact that we have scored the most goals in the league....so we hardly have a problem on that front.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Bit early to be calling Ibrox a fortress, we’ve failed to win in our last two matches there. Away from home we’ve been dug shite and fucked another chance of a final against a pish Aberdeen. The manager has made some strange decisions and chops and changes the team nearly every match, if we drop anymore points away from home at the weekend we could possibly drop out the top six.  It’s only natural after the shite show of the last few years people are going to be worried. 

Talk of sacking him at this stage though is bonkers, imagine another season of Murty replacing the interim manager and talking pish about how wonderful the tarriers are and being happy sitting 3rd or 4th. ?

Gerrard simply has to get this right and keep the players with him or  we’re basically fucked and back to the drawing board,  again. 

Our Europa run will mean fuck all if we’re not successful domestically. 

He better start backing them then, instead of threats. I know what he said was true about getting better players in but if the players think you are willing to throw them under a bus then they won't go that extra yard for you. 

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This isn't going to happen. Our posted losses last night show money isn't available to sack another manager, especially a manager on a 4 year deal. 

We can't keep chopping and changing managment. The board IMO see this a long term project and will continue to back the manager.

It’s more realistic than a squad overhaul as a lot are suggesting. 

Id hazard a guess that it would be cheaper to replace the gaffer than sign even one player he is interested in.

Just now, dougie76 said:

He better start backing them then, instead of threats. I know what he said was true about getting better players in but if the players think you are willing to throw them under a bus then they won't go that extra yard for you. 

Last two post match interviews have really pissed me off. Starting to take the blame then blaming/threatening the players.

Saying he cannot protect them forever yet blame them. I haven’t yet heard him protect the players. Utter nonsense 

3 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Last two post match interviews have really pissed me off. Starting to take the blame then blaming/threatening the players.

Saying he cannot protect them forever yet blame them. I haven’t yet heard him protect the players. Utter nonsense 

Same here mate, he should be building their confidence, not knocking it down, big mistake from him.

6 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

I never said we get a trophy for it. 

You said any team that has a problem scoring goals etc etc..........I simply pointed out the pesky fact that we have scored the most goals in the league....so we hardly have a problem on that front.

We’ve scored a deflected goal in three games.

if you dont think that scoring goals is an issue then i can’t help you.

every game we’ve failed to score in in Scotland we have lost.

23 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The guys arguement is all over the place. He wants a squad that is still short of being at the level required to realistically challenge for the title to challenge for the title but he doesn’t want the manager to get any more money to sign players who can improve the squad and bring it to the level required to challenge for the title...

Still though a better manager  would apparently be getting more out of these players. How many times have we heard that one be pulled out over the past four years?

The reason we constantly end up with rookies and unknown managers is because any manager worth their salt knows that without proper financial backing that’s well beyond the level that even Gerrard has had then they are pissing in the wind and relying on a miracle to get us competing with celtic over a 38 game season.

People can kid themselves on but their first team is still significantly better than ours is and their squad depth is still miles above what we have. They have close to two players for each position, we barely have one player for some positions.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The guys arguement is all over the place. He wants a squad that is still short of being at the level required to realistically challenge for the title to challenge for the title but he doesn’t want the manager to get any more money to sign players who can improve the squad and bring it to the level required to challenge for the title...

Still though a better manager  would apparently be getting more out of these players. How many times have we heard that one be pulled out over the past four years?

The reason we constantly end up with rookies and unknown managers is because any manager worth their salt knows that without proper financial backing that’s well beyond the level that even Gerrard has had then they are pissing in the wind and relying on a miracle to get us competing with celtic over a 38 game season.

People can kid themselves on but their first team is still significantly better than ours is and their squad depth is still miles above what we have. They have close to two players for each position, we barely have one player for some positions.

You tell us. Every manager in that period made significant changes to their playing squads. 

We have good enough players to mount a challenge right now. That is for certain. 

For me SG seems out his depth. 

If we are out of touch come January SG has to go. Not more money ffs

4 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

You tell us. Every manager in that period made significant changes to their playing squads. 

We have good enough players to mount a challenge right now. That is for certain. 

December a scary month fixture wise.

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Agree with that.

The most galling part is even with more money spent on players and a big name manager, i think we are in a scrap with Hearts and Hibs for second.

43 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Are you for real? 

Approx: €800,000 for qualifiers

€2.92m for group stage participation 

€570,000 per group stage win

€190,000 per draw

So Maximum we will make is €6.44m before Christmas. We just posted a £14.3m loss and still have SD to battle with. 

Fairly certain there be no huge dealings in January. If there is I’d be expecting Tav or Morelos to go.

You seem to be forgetting ticket sales.

Fag packet maths, but assuming we’ve near enough sold out each of the 4 qualifiers + the group stage package you’ve got...

£15 + £18 + £20 + £25 + £105 x 45,000

£8.2m 

And that’s discounting hospitality and all the rest. 

We must be the only club in the world that would want / hope / trust our manager to be given cash to spend to strengthen the team. 

We’ve build a far stronger squad now, what we need is to invest in real game changing quality middle to front. 

Just now, Hutton2008 said:

We don’t have the quality in the first team or the depth required to mount a challenge yet. You are kidding yourself on if you think we do and unless we get really lucky with the appointment then changing the manager again isn’t going to drag the sustained level of quality needed to challenge for a league title out of these players.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We don’t play them every week. It’s our performances against every other shite side in the league.

Mcgregor/Fod

Flanagan/Tav     Barasic/Wallace

Goldson/Katic/Worral/McAuley

Candeias/Middleton/Kent/Grezda/Murphy

Arfield/Dorrans/Ejaria  Coulibaly/Rossiter/Jack/Halliday 

Morelos/Lafferty/Sadiq

Player numbers is not the issue. It’s an absurd notion.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We don’t have the quality in the first team or the depth required to mount a challenge yet. You are kidding yourself on if you think we do and unless we get really lucky with the appointment then changing the manager again isn’t going to drag the sustained level of quality needed to challenge for a league title out of these players.

We do. 100% we have a side and depth that should beat every other team -minus the filth - in the league. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Well how are hearts doing it?

It's a tired excuse when we have spent a fortune compared to everyone else bar the tims. Our squad is far, far superior to all expect 1 team in this league yet we are sitting in 4th place and knocked out the cup by Aberdeen.

It's clearly not even nearly good enough.

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Money spent plus better players Gerrard was more a commercial decision by the board than a Managerial decision he will take time as he looks lost just now and does not seem to be able to see the poor players and fix the problems from the sidelines.

Worst decision was giving him or any other manager a four year contract , club is still being run by fools...........

2 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I don’t give a fuck what the tarriers think. I just want a successful Rangers.

Not another rebuild job which it’s turning out to be.

Didn't you realise that SG would have to rebuild the squad?

The mess Caixinha left behind him was never going to be cleared up in one transfer window especially by a rookie manager but there were signs earlier in the season that things were clicking.

Then Coulibaly got injured and has been shite since he came back, we brought Worral in and that pissed of Katic who had been playing well, Flannagan is, well Flannagan and that's not a good thing, Sadiq is not a footballer and as yet SG has not shown that he's learning quickly enough. Although there was a faint glimmer last night when he actually made changes early but the players are letting him down and some of his team choices are worrying as in he keeps picking Flannagan and Worral, there are reasons these players were available.

We have to be patient but I fear the worst from our next two games, I'm predicting a draw in Paisley and a loss in Moscow because nothing I've seen in the last three games has made me feel positive.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Well how are hearts doing it?

It's a tired excuse when we have spent a fortune compared to everyone else bar the tims. Our squad is far, far superior to all expect 1 team in this league yet we are sitting in 4th place and knocked out the cup by Aberdeen.

It's clearly not even nearly good enough.

Hearts aren’t playing in Europe and have a week to prepare for most of their games.