***The Official St. Mirren V Rangers Match Thread***

Bronzy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think a change of formation is required for this one. Until we're able to sign more creative players, I think we need to go to 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 against the so-called 'easier' teams to try and get as many attacking players on as possible. If we're going 4-2-3-1 always have four of Kent/Middleton/Grezda/Morelos/Lafferty/Candeias on the pitch.

McGregor

Tavernier  Goldson Katic Halliday                     (Barisic if fit) 

McCrorie                                                          

Kent  Arfield  Grezda.               

Morelos Lafferty 

More in desperation to try something different ! 

10 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

McGregor

Tavernier  Goldson Katic Halliday                     (Barisic if fit) 

McCrorie                                                          

Kent  Arfield  Grezda.               

Morelos Lafferty 

More in desperation to try something different ! 

I agree we need to try something different! Checking all above then almost every post has different line ups/formations. Including mine. I hope S.G. gets it right as his selection is the one that matters.

In order to break down a defence that sits in I think we have to set up in a formation that will allow an attacking player a bit more of a free role in behind Morelos. For me that player would be Kent due to his pace and ability to get past a player one on one. In the last two games he has been stuck on the left hand side usually picking the ball up in the attacking third by which time the defence has started doubling up on him.. A roaming position would give him the option to drop slightly deeper to find space and use his pace to link midfield to attack, another option for a free role would be Grezda but due to his lack of game time, Kent would be my first pick.

Archived