***The Official St. Mirren V Rangers Match Thread***

12 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:
14 minutes ago, bear822 said:

Has anybody got a clip after Morelos scored, when he slides on his knees he gets hit wi a coin, notice sky have stopped the footage short of the coin coming in.

Won’t hold ma breath waiting on the outcry that it must’ve been anti Colombian racism. 

Donation. Colombia is a poor country. Sweep Sweep. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said all along. Grezda needs to be gradually introduced into the Scottish game. He should be given the last 30 minutes of games where possible and increasing that time. Starting him in games like this one today....when we're not exactly firing on all cylinders, and expecting him to do us a turn is bad management. 

I'm yet to be convinced there is a player in there.....or one that can do a turn for us, but it's WAY too early to tell. £2m seems a lot for what we're seeing just now, but the price tag isn't his fault.

I think it was a really gritty team performance  ........ the kind of win you need when things aren't going well if you want to challenge for silver ware.

Well done SG and the lads for getting over the line today - in difficult conditions.

16 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Me, I am more annoyed at Arfield, Worrall and bloody Tav again! Ejaria i do not get annoyed about as he is just a fucking nut case we sent out to cause as much disruption as possible.

Totally agree,  all 3 have played poorly lately.

Yes, Ejaria is, well, Ejaria

Morelos didn't set the heather on fire in his first few games either. Give Grezda time, he could still come good. 

Very poor in the 1st half but we improved a lot in the 2ns half. Conditions looked awful, can't have helped. 

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

There's an argument that he needed a start just to really kick-on and it had to come sooner or later. Some players are hot off the block, but some need a few shit games before they get comfortable enough to show what they can do. If he's still poor when he starts in March we have a problem, but on his first proper start in the league I can forgive him for still finding his feet - particularly when he's away from Ibrox and any moans or groans that might come his way when he isn't Brian Laudrup skinning six players and laying it off for Duncan Ferguson.

I'll think he'll be an asset - he came into the match once our midfield took hold of the game and was unlucky not to score.

All good points. I was going along the same lines of thinking. I just thought this was the wrong game to start him in. Or maybe it wasn't.....we'll know next time we see him start of today has helped in any way. But yeah, if he's still pish come the new year after getting his chance, then some balls need booted! :lol: 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Can't appeal a 2nd yellow.

Scandalous cheating bastard.

Can the SFA compliance guy not look at it though and overturn it. Surely a guy can’t face a suspension for getting grabbed round the neck ? Even in this country 

39 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I think it was a really gritty team performance  ........ the kind of win you need when things aren't going well if you want to challenge for silver ware.

Well done SG and the lads for getting over the line today - in difficult conditions.

I’d agree if that was tyncastle or Easter Road we’d came away from winning line thst but we were playing absolutely nobody today and their goalie actually didn’t touch the ball the first half , was a shocking performance from us 

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Can the SFA compliance guy not look at it though and overturn it. Surely a guy can’t face a suspension for getting grabbed round the neck ? Even in this country 

He can if he plays for us.

9 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Really don't think he can though need to Google a Morelos one that someone mentioned earlier. It certainly used to be a no unless simulation or mistaken identity was involved.

Edit.

Aye that one was the simulation one we didn't get the penalty for despite the keepers face covered in blood from the contact.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Really don't think he can though need to Google a Morelos one that someone mentioned earlier. It certainly used to be a no unless simulation or mistaken identity was involved.

Aye mate I know we can’t actually appeal the second booking, but someone from the club should be within their rights to email a video of the incident to the compliance officer and ask them to intervene. If he gets a ban for that it’s outrageous 

Shocking performance yet again. We look completely fucking lost and have no ideas on how to get past or through defenders. We made St. Mirren's job fairly easy for most the match by trying to walk the ball through defenders, allowing them to just pick it off us easily. Thank fuck they are atrocious and couldn't keep the ball to save their life. 

Mcgregor made a couple brilliant saves but his kicking yet again is brutal as fuck. He's lucky it never costs us. Worrall yet again being a total mongo at times.

Also, St. Mirren's hot dogs are fucking vile ?

Otherwise, obviously a great result :lol:

25 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Aye mate I know we can’t actually appeal the second booking, but someone from the club should be within their rights to email a video of the incident to the compliance officer and ask them to intervene. If he gets a ban for that it’s outrageous 

Back in the year 2000, referee Graham Poll actually asked the FA to rescind a yellow card that he had awarded to Dietmar Hamann, although to no avail. So I wouldn't hold my breath that it'll be rescinded 

2 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Back in the year 2000, referee Graham Poll actually asked the FA to rescind a yellow card that he had awarded to Dietmar Hamann, although to no avail. So I wouldn't hold my breath that it'll be rescinded 

I actually remember that mate. 

Archived