Gerrard vs Caixinha

Smile

26 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

It’s not acceptable but given how far we fell it has to be progress. We’ve tried chopping and changing managers and made a lot of mistakes from top to bottom,  I think the only way to success is time.  

I’m not saying infinite time but as long as we can see progress by the end of the season then he deserves the next season.    There’s no doubt about the points tally being the same but the performances overall have merited more and certainly look a lot better than Pedros tenure. We all used the elimination at progres as a yardstick so we should give Gerrard abit of praise for helping the team get into the europa league.

the Wallace sub at Motherwell was crazy and the lack of attacking midfielder signed was a concern but I’m willing to see if he corrects it in January and aslong as we improve then he gets my backing.

i can’t see no other way of us succeeding other than time

Great post.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

We aren’t even close to being as bad under Gerrard as we were under PLG :lol:

Le Guen signed a group of players who were so bad that a year later only one was playing any role in the side, he got knocked out the League Cup by a first division side at Ibrox (which would be the same as Ayr beating us in the League Cup earlier this season) and his dressing room had no faith in him, fell apart and was completely divided.

I’ve been on this forum for years now and every now and then you bring up PLG and talk about him in a way that comes across as you defending him and honestly mate, you are literally the only Rangers fan I’ve ever come into any sort of contact with who does that.

Who's defending him, i merely asked why europe gets gerrard out of a hole when it didn't under z previous manager

We have been stinking domestically, and a lot lf it is down to gerrard, europe results mean fuck all as we'll eventually be papped out of that and at the rate we're going we'll be miles off the pace in the league

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Very true, pedro got sacked after drawing at home to killie

Surely king has to act with gerrard then 

Very true it is, but the rest of your post has no relevance to what I said at all really.

Do you think he should be bagged? Is that what you are implying?

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Very true it is, but the rest of your post has no relevance to what I said at all really.

Do you think he should be bagged? Is that what you are implying?

Stevie won't be bagged ffs, that's pure fantasy, he'd have to get us relegated to not be given at least two years I reckon

50 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Hes going to have to try and shift some of the shite he brought in if hes spending more in January........

Has he brought shite in? Borisic is injured Grezda was injured when we bought him. Kent looks good as do Coulibally and edjaria. The defence is as solid as any we've had for 9 years - we concede very few goals. He's brought Katic, Mcgregor and Goldson, as well as Lafferty. There is strength in depth and as some of those players come into the side that will show over the course of the season. The current hiccups, I believe, are due to playing so many games, important  games, and the players are not experienced enough to keep fresh. We definitely need a bit of a shake up.

5 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Has he brought shite in? Borisic is injured Grezda was injured when we bought him. Kent looks good as do Coulibally and edjaria. The defence is as solid as any we've had for 9 years - we concede very few goals. He's brought Katic, Mcgregor and Goldson, as well as Lafferty. There is strength in depth and as some of those players come into the side that will show over the course of the season. The current hiccups, I believe, are due to playing so many games, important  games, and the players are not experienced enough to keep fresh. We definitely need a bit of a shake up.

The problem with the loans is you think Kent and Coulibaly and Ejaria are great players what happens when they go if they are our best, developing other teams players and them being so vital to our team only gives us more problems already we have seen McCrorie vanish even from the subs bench. I can understand if these players were outstanding but in the Spfl they have looked quite ordinary good/great in Euro games though.

We are up against shite we should be able to do better in the spl.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

The problem with the loans is you think Kent and Coulibaly and Ejaria are great players what happens when they go if they are our best, developing other teams players and them being so vital to our team only gives us more problems already we have seen McCrorie vanish even from the subs bench. I can understand if these players were outstanding but in the Spfl they have looked quite ordinary good/great in Euro games though.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Fair point. They are also young and inexperienced and likely to be inconsistent. The real problem is that we don't keep moving the ball around quickly enough, particularly in the attacking 3rd. We don't have the attacking interchange we had with McKay and Wallace at their best and Candieas/ Tav is happening less regularly. It's a big ask, but we need a player of the Gasgoine variety who could turn and run straight at defenders and finish. I think Dorrans was supposed to be that player but wasn't and will probably never be. Edjaria might be in the future, but probably not with us.

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

Fair point. They are also young and inexperienced and likely to be inconsistent. The real problem is that we don't keep moving the ball around quickly enough, particularly in the attacking 3rd. We don't have the attacking interchange we had with McKay and Wallace at their best and Candieas/ Tav is happening less regularly. It's a big ask, but we need a player of the Gasgoine variety who could turn and run straight at defenders and finish. I think Dorrans was supposed to be that player but wasn't and will probably never be. Edjaria might be in the future, but probably not with us.

Even though some on here were getting sick of Murphy I thought he could open up teams he was a bit different to any player we have and could score and set up goals.

15 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Lafferty and Sadiq are shite

Just now, Smile said:

Even though some on here were getting sick of Murphy I thought he could open up teams he was a bit different to any player we have and could score and set up goals.

Almost forgot about him. I hope he comes back as good as he was before the injury. I agree he would be a genuine threat right now. he knew the way to goal too.

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

A lot of people seem to be implying that but don’t want to come out and say it.

Why would they not if they wanted to say it.? Most seem to be saying he needs to learn and learn quickly being Steven Gerrard means nothing to me if he keeps making the same mistakes if he does I will certainly want him gone.  

Winning only five games out of ten and out a cup final plus the filth dropping 8 points already and we still sit four behind them doesn't just mean nothing as Steven Gerrard the manager there should be genuine cause for concern.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

but using Europe to cover up a pretty shambolic domestic campaign so far is also head in the aand stuff, 

Acting like all these games in Europe never happened and wouldn't have a psychological and physical impact, on what is effectively a young squad, is sheer stupiditity though.

29 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Acting like all these games in Europe never happened and wouldn't have a psychological and physical impact, on what is effectively a young squad, is sheer stupiditity though.

Do you honestly believe that? Especially the physical part given gerrards rotation of the squad so far

Well, yes, that's why I said it. Are you disputing it? Haven't you noticed we are struggling to press teams into mistakes as much in the last few games? 

You actually further prove my point by mentioning rotation, that brings it's own problems with the team lacking cohesion with constant changes and the Worrall/Katic situation.