Gerrard vs Caixinha

Smile

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I thought people would like to see the information posted side by side obviously its a bit tough to read for some.

Nope, perfectly easy to digest, a nine year old could put that level of analysis together though. Deep down you must understand that does not tell the whole story.

I'm not saying everything is rosy but comparing the situation to Pedro or even Warburton is ludicrous and lazy. 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Never thought I'd see the day when we were comparing our NEW manager to a man that was pretty universally acknowledged as a complete failure 

Being humped by Beggars  many times and who could forget Progress 

Funny how Europe counted as failure for him 

Yes it's not counted as success for SG?

He's been praised for his success in Europe and rightly so this doesn't excuse his results in the Spl.

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Nope, perfectly easy to digest, a nine year old could put that level of analysis together though. Deep down you must understand that does not tell the whole story.

I'm not saying everything is rosy but comparing the situation to Pedro or even Warburton is ludicrous and lazy. 

Facts and stats never tell the whole story but to ignore them is equally daft. Gerrard could go on to be a great Manager at us he could be another numpty like Pedro.

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Comparing the situation to Pedro is very fair. 2 unknown managers, both having to do a full overhaul of a shit squad, both with identical domestic results so far.

Only Gerrard's Euro form is keeping him in a job so far and anyone who thinks otherwise is more caught up in Gerrard as a person/celebrity than as a manager.

That being said, his Euro form & the fact he speaks we'll should give him longer than Pedro got but there has to be a noticeable improvement come the turn of the year

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Comparing the situation to Pedro is very fair. 2 unknown managers, both having to do a full overhaul of a shit squad, both with identical domestic results so far.

Only Gerrard's Euro form is keeping him in a job so far and anyone who thinks otherwise is more caught up in Gerrard as a person/celebrity than as a manager.

That being said, his Euro form & the fact he speaks we'll should give him longer than Pedro got but there has to be a noticeable improvement come the turn of the year

I do not want him sacked have said that many times but we can't just brush off his failings as he's Gerrard the Liverpool Legend.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I said at home.

Lets face it, even in our best seasons we’ve been done over at Parkhead. Under Advocaat springs to mind.

But it’s so galling to have it done to you at home. It ruins teams psychologically.

Under Gerrard it’s not going to happen.

Home or away, it could happen if the team is set up as at parkhead, but score lines apart, this squad isn't good enough and Gerrard isn't doing any better in the SPL than previous managers.

Bringing in another manager won't change anything, its Gerrard who needs to change his overall plan for next season as he is stuck with the current players, at one stage of the game last night he had three wide men on the pitch and we didn't look like scoring with two on the pitch, he seems to use wide men as subs is the answer to our problems, in other games also, something has to change!!.

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

Home or away, it could happen if the team is set up as at parkhead, but score lines apart, this squad isn't good enough and Gerrard isn't doing any better in the SPL than previous managers.

Bringing in another manager won't change anything, its Gerrard who needs to change his overall plan for next season as he is stuck with the current players, at one stage of the game last night he had three wide men on the pitch and we didn't look like scoring with two on the pitch, he seems to use wide men as subs is the answer to our problems, in other games also, something has to change!!.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Good to see some posters making pertinent points.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I do not want him sacked have said that many times but we can't just brush off his failings as he's Gerrard the Liverpool Legend.

Don't want him sacked either, really don't, desperate for the guy to do well, for us more than him obviously

But he does seem to be immune to the critiscim of previous managers even though he has many of the same failings

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If you compare the whole situation then yes, you can compare them. The example given tells only half the story and is therefore rubbish in my eyes.