Barry Ferguson

The Ibrox Derry

14 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

A previous Hibs  Irish Catholic manager never got the abuse T.L.B. gets (Pat Fenlon.)Strangely HE got pulled up for gesturing at hertz fans. But as usual Lennon plays the victim card. I do not condone coin or any missile throwing by any means. But he has blatantly goaded our fans both as a player and a manager & certainly was goading hertz fans when he was HIT.? If a player took a dive like that he would get booked for simulation.

Brenda is an Irish catholic as was Martin O’Neill. These guys got a level of abuse because they managed celtic. The same level of abuse as someone like Strachan, Burns or Mowbray would get. And I’m sure Gerrard, McCoist, Smith, McLeish would get similar. So some abuse is nothing to do with religion and everything to do with who you manage. 

Lennon gets abuse on a much higher scale. From almost every club supporters. If it was driven by religion, o’neill, fenlon, Brenda, Stephen Kenny at Dunfermline etc. would all get the same. 

I don’t condone throwing stuff but given that we know every team has idiot supporters who are likely to do so, Lennon has to look at himself and how he behaves and maybe realise that it is the catalyst for this. Maybe realised there’s a reason not related to religion as to why he gets the abuse.

For me a manager has a responsibility to behave appropriately during a match, especially a volatile one such as a derby, but time again he antagonises the crowd during the matches.

In summary, Lennon is a cunt.