Oli McBurnie

RosscoRFC87

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s shite, average at best. 

No harm to him, but 95% of the forum wouldn’t know who he was if he wasn’t a bear. 

We’d be immeasurably weaker if we lost Morelos and brought him in as a replacement. 

Scotland international scoring goals regularly in the Championship, we're not talking about some no mark playing for Wrexham or something

On 03/11/2018 at 11:07, RDFM said:

Nah, he’s not. That’s just something touted out by people who for some weird reason hate his public affection for Rangers. 

Absolutely and I'm sure many are buying it 

Is got to the day ,when even many  diss a bear for daring to dream of playing for us 

He may not be good enough but admire that he shouts about us 

22 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Absolutely and I'm sure many are buying it 

Is got to the day ,when even many  diss a bear for daring to dream of playing for us 

He may not be good enough but admire that he shouts about us 

Many bears do? Not seen much evidence of that.

Many non bears do? Don't give a fuck what they think.

Oli's been a Rangers fan since being a kid and comes from a proper Rangers family. Sat beside his dad at the Mexico v Scotland game in the summer - absolute top bloke and a dyed in the wool bluenose. Had no idea who he was at the time and why he was at the game - proper strong Leeds accent and quite a youngish looking bloke - was amazed when he said Oil was his boy.  Asked him if Oli would sign for Rangers at some point and he was saying it would be his dream to see him come here but that basically for the moment his lad was just keeping his head down and working hard to make it wherever he can. Seems to be a very grounded family, very proud of their Scottish and Rangers connections. So hopefully one day he'll get the chance to see his son play at Ibrox. 

For folk saying he is rubbish, have a look at that!

Very good records for average teams in the Championship!

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/138695/History/Oliver-McBurnie

This season he has the 21st highest rating in the entire league, whilst playing for a mid table team.

Never understood why people are so quick to criticise and hate on Rangers fans for being vocal about support the team, baffles me!

1 minute ago, Del said:

This season he has the 21st highest rating in the entire league, whilst playing for a mid table team.

Never understood why people are so quick to criticise and hate on Rangers fans for being vocal about support the team, baffles me!

I've got no problem with him being vocal about his support for us, I do have a problem when people suggest we sign him, or any other supposed Rangers fan, solely because of it. 

When his name was first mentioned on here as a possible transfer target the vast majority of people had no idea how good a player he was because he'd hardly played a senior game of football. 

9 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

I've got no problem with him being vocal about his support for us, I do have a problem when people suggest we sign him, or any other supposed Rangers fan, solely because of it. 

When his name was first mentioned on here as a possible transfer target the vast majority of people had no idea how good a player he was because he'd hardly played a senior game of football. 

I don't know anything about how many people knew who he was or otherwise, I dont know how you know that either, but people suggesting we should sign a player because they support the team is daft, but its not at daft as the morons saying he is shite, when hes clearly not.

39 minutes ago, Del said:

Where?