Candeias Red Card

Bakbear

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Interesting. Where does this chat about yellow cards can't be overturned come from?

20 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Simulation and mistaken identity are the two reasons yellows can be rescinded. Unless they've amended the rules, Candeias one for blowing kisses / being assaulted won't be. Fucking ridiculous but the SFA do like a rule book to hide behind.

They should insert a 3rd rule retrospectively: 

One for refereeing decisions that are fabricated and bring game into disrepute due to absurdity and/ or stupidity.

18 minutes ago, Amato said:

Interesting. Where does this chat about yellow cards can't be overturned come from?

Its been detailed by SFA in previous situations where ridiculous decisions given.

Certainly up to last season only incidents of simulation or mistaken identity could have yellows rescinded. Not heard that it's changed.

The only possibility is mistaken identity of the aggressive action if Collum says he booked Candeias for a soft head-butt as it could have looked from behind, but which was caused by Ferdinand's punch to the jaw as can be seen from the front.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Simulation and mistaken identity are the two reasons yellows can be rescinded. Unless they've amended the rules, Candeias one for blowing kisses / being assaulted won't be. Fucking ridiculous but the SFA do like a rule book to hide behind.

They should insert a 3rd rule retrospectively: 

One for refereeing decisions that are fabricated and bring game into disrepute due to absurdity and/ or stupidity.

this is a can of worms .I can see why yellows can't be rescinded as they would have far more appeals to process .

for me any yellow that leads to a red card either a first or 2nd yellow card should be allowed appeal .

it's a professional game where people earn a living .it may not be as significant for players earning good money at top clubs ,but for guys earning wages at the level of the normal working man ,suspensions and loss of appearance money and bonuses can be a big hit to them and it's not right that somebodys livelihood can be affected by poor decisions 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its been detailed by SFA in previous situations where ridiculous decisions given.

Certainly up to last season only incidents of simulation or mistaken identity could have yellows rescinded. Not heard that it's changed.

Is it not the same everywhere?

1 hour ago, Bears said:

The only possibility is mistaken identity of the aggressive action if Collum says he booked Candeias for a soft head-butt as it could have looked from behind, but which was caused by Ferdinand's punch to the jaw as can be seen from the front.

Logically that's more the action being mis interpreted (can't rescind) than mistaken identity (action seen was correct, it was someone else who did it). But I'm at a loss to see what grounds of appeal we have under the laws - common sense isn't a current law - so it must be something like your scenario above.

Unless we've appealed it and they're obliged to hear our case..... before automatically ruling it out of hand as it's not simulation or mistaken identity.  Who knows.

56 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Is it not the same everywhere?

I think it is / was. I've a vague recollection about something in the EPL a few years back where everyone wanted a yellow rescinded but it couldn't be. Just something telling me it's came up more recently in Scotland,last season I think.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

this is a can of worms .I can see why yellows can't be rescinded as they would have far more appeals to process .

for me any yellow that leads to a red card either a first or 2nd yellow card should be allowed appeal .

it's a professional game where people earn a living .it may not be as significant for players earning good money at top clubs ,but for guys earning wages at the level of the normal working man ,suspensions and loss of appearance money and bonuses can be a big hit to them and it's not right that somebodys livelihood can be affected by poor decisions 

I'd agree. 2nd yellows are the same as straight reds both during the game, and also after it with player suspensions. Whilst there's no way a system could handle appeals for any yellows, it certainly should for 2nd ones.

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Logically that's more the action being mis interpreted (can't rescind) than mistaken identity (action seen was correct, it was someone else who did it). But I'm at a loss to see what grounds of appeal we have under the laws - common sense isn't a current law - so it must be something like your scenario above.

Unless we've appealed it and they're obliged to hear our case..... before automatically ruling it out of hand as it's not simulation or mistaken identity.  Who knows.

Its a stretch, but they could argue mistaken identity if Collum thought Candeias was the agressor when we can all see it was actually Ferdinand. That would depend on what Collum alleges he booked DC for. It would be interesting to see the report he submitted.

Sounds to me like we're chucking it out there to see if the officials want to save face by manufacturing a tenuous (mistaken identity isn't relevant unless there's something we dont kniw about) way to delete the card, knowing that the worst that can happen is that Collum's bizarre refereeing is highlighted again and we generally keep the pressure on officials regarding decisions against us.

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Too sensible, mate.

The only thing about this wee rhodent bastards performance .He clearly showed how biased he is against us .

And we still win the game 

We won't be so lucky next time .I'm 100% of that .If the game is absolutely crucial ofcourse 

He may well give us some pens in the games that are run of the mill 

I don't think there is any genuine feeling it will be overturned, instead I think this is an effort to keep the ridiculous nature of the decision in the spotlight well beyond the transparent efforts from some outlets to suggest that DC was a big bad violent kidder who deserved to be sent off for "violent shooshing"

When we don't win, we get to release a statement highlighting Collum to the world. And if we do win, we've done the same.

Well done to the Club, who I initially felt should have released a statement when I didn't think an appeal was possible. 

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Sounds to me like we're chucking it out there to see if the officials want to save face by manufacturing a tenuous (mistaken identity isn't relevant unless there's something we dont kniw about) way to delete the card, knowing that the worst that can happen is that Collum's bizarre refereeing is highlighted again and we generally keep the pressure on officials regarding decisions against us.

I wouldn't be surprised if the SFA suggested (off the record) we go down this route...

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hopefully we've got better grounds of appeal than just complete common sense.

They say that the pathetic pleading of sectarianism and racism are being used elsewhere to get stupid behaviour overturned is working for some ... might be worth a try mate .... :p:

:UK:

Archived