Candeias Red Card

Bakbear

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Can't really do anything about the suspension but we should be pushing the SFA to change the rules on yellow cards. You should be allowed to appeal a yellow in the case of an obvious refereeing mistake.

This,rule change time everyone can see this was an almighty fuck up and never a second yellow leading to his sending off, an absolute joke of a decision Collum should be holding his hands up and apologising otherwise it looks dodgy as fuck for him.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, laudrupno1 said:

This,rule change time everyone can see this was an almighty fuck up and never a second yellow leading to his sending off, an absolute joke of a decision Collum should be holding his hands up and apologising otherwise it looks dodgy as fuck for him.

I've been saying for years referees should be forced to make an apology to clubs/fans when they make a spectacular fuck-up, or have to face the press after a game. It's not fair that they get demoted for a week or 2 then get straight back into refereeing high profile games in Scotland and Europe

Just now, psb07158 said:

I've been saying for years referees should be forced to make an apology to clubs/fans when they make a spectacular fuck-up, or have to face the press after a game. It's not fair that they get demoted for a week or 2 then get straight back into refereeing high profile games in Scotland and Europe

If it's a genuine mistake you hold your hands up and apologise like the rest of us do in our daily lives if you don't that's when people start looking closer at you and questions are asked.

2 minutes ago, laudrupno1 said:

If it's a genuine mistake you hold your hands up and apologise like the rest of us do in our daily lives if you don't that's when people start looking closer at you and questions are asked.

Exactly.

Collum has been making decisions like the one against Candeias for as long as I can remember - and he's still one of our highest rated referees. It's embarrassing tbh.

3 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

Let’s accept it and move on......and then let’s see how many more bookings this sorry excuse for a referee gives for the same thing when it’s other clubs involved. 

Fuck that. The board need to pursue this.

The situation isn’t helped by his silence. If Collum publically said he made a poor decision, explained why he made it and apologised a lot of the hate might die down. We should be pushing hard not only for more transparency but also a rule change to allow yellow card appeals. Even the SFA could help the situation by saying the decision was incorrect but there is no scope to appeal within the current rules. Will any of these happen....unlikely. 

Club shouldn't let this lie for a second. Whether it's pushing for a rule change or something else they can't just roll over and take this shite anymore. From Halliday's red against Morton, to the Beaton show against Hibs, to the utter shite we've had to put up with this season, it's a fucking disgrace the refs are being allowed to get away with this blatant bias and cheating. SFA should be deeply ashamed of these refs but you couldn't mark their necks with blowtorches.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Where have they said that?

All I've read is our appeal was rejected because we had no grounds to appeal. We claimed 'mistaken identity' which is obviously not the case.

Did we claim mistaken identity??

Only the papers have said that as far I’ve seen. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Did we claim mistaken identity??

Only the papers have said that as far I’ve seen. 

I think so mate - and I read a quote from Stevie G where he says "I really hope it is a case of mistaken identity" so just assumed that was the line we went down and he was toeing the party line

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I think so mate - and I read a quote from Stevie G where he says "I really hope it is a case of mistaken identity" so just assumed that was the line we went down and he was toeing the party line

Never saw that one mate. ?

Doubt we will be told exactly what was asked and the actual answer. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 12.06.27.png

B1.......

B1 Unsporting Behaviour There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour which include, but are not limited to, when a player: a) Impedes an opponent with contact b) Recklessly trips or attempts to trip an opponent c) Recklessly tackles or challenges an opponent d) Recklessly kicks or attempts to kick an opponent e) Denies an opponent an obvious goal scoring opportunity as defined by Law 12 f) Holds or pushes an opponent g) Commits an offence which interferes with or stops a promising attack outwith the penalty area h) Excessively celebrates the scoring of a goal as defined by Law 12 i) Handles the ball deliberately j) Shows a lack of respect for the game k) Commits an act of simulation l) Commits any other offence(s) deemed by a match official to be unsporting behaviour

collum has a lot to hide behind !

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Would’ve thought the club may have used that as just an excuse to get an answer as to why he got sent off. 

No idea if we even got an answer. 

Yeah I know the reason you can’t really appeal yellows cos every card would be appealed.

However when it’s such a glaring error there has to be exceptions.

48 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Yeah I know the reason you can’t really appeal yellows cos every card would be appealed.

However when it’s such a glaring error there has to be exceptions.

That’s why I think they will have come up with any old shit to show he was sent off for something and not mistaken identity. 

ie. giving Ferdinand the ssshhhh they will class it as unsportsmanlike conduct even though it goes on at every ground week after week. 

As other have said the club can’t let this lie they have go after them. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s why I think they will have come up with any old shit to show he was sent off for something and not mistaken identity. 

ie. giving Ferdinand the ssshhhh they will class it as unsportsmanlike conduct even though it goes on at every ground week after week. 

As other have said the club can’t let this lie they have go after them. 

They won’t say a thing probably. I don’t think referees should be interviewed after games but their report should be made available for everyone.

5 hours ago, rfc1990 said:

Getting booked for celebrating with the crowd, taking your shirt off, gloating in front of rival players. 

Soon you'll be better off walking back to your own half and not even smiling after you've scored a goal! 

Rangers players would get booked for time wasting for not running back.

I wouldn't share the link but when Forrest scored for the beggars against us at the piggery about 7 or 8 of them left the field of play and embraced fans in the main stand, Lustig also stealing a policemans hat, how many of them were booked?

Not buying this excuse from the SFA at all, we need to pursue it rigourously.

2 hours ago, backup said:

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 12.06.27.png

B1.......

B1 Unsporting Behaviour There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour which include, but are not limited to, when a player: a) Impedes an opponent with contact b) Recklessly trips or attempts to trip an opponent c) Recklessly tackles or challenges an opponent d) Recklessly kicks or attempts to kick an opponent e) Denies an opponent an obvious goal scoring opportunity as defined by Law 12 f) Holds or pushes an opponent g) Commits an offence which interferes with or stops a promising attack outwith the penalty area h) Excessively celebrates the scoring of a goal as defined by Law 12 i) Handles the ball deliberately j) Shows a lack of respect for the game k) Commits an act of simulation l) Commits any other offence(s) deemed by a match official to be unsporting behaviour

collum has a lot to hide behind !

When he reads your post he will be using one of them.

Archived