Candeias Red Card

Bakbear

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

He played the ball in that tackle also, someone showed me the footage on the way home on the bus. 

Unsurprisingly Andy walker said on sky he was correct to get booked as he made with the player ,yet,  in the second half a st mirren player made almost the same tackle and walker said it was fair, the player played the ball and couldn’t help contact with the Rangers player. The media in Scotland are as shit and biased as the refs.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Definitely Must be questions answered and even more mind boggling are those who still put these decisions down to incompetent errors. 

There won't be, the press narrative has already began to be spread about Candeias being aggressive after Morelos' goal, this will be repeated constantly to attempt to justify Collums decision.

Collum will not be held accountable for it, I don't think anyway but would love to be wrong.

Just now, murzo said:

Unsurprisingly Andy walker said on sky he was correct to get booked as he made with the player ,yet,  in the second half a st mirren player made almost the same tackle and walker said it was fair, the player played the ball and couldn’t help contact with the Rangers player. The media in Scotland are as shit and biased as the refs.

Sounds typical of that republican bastard mate. How he’s commentating on our games is a joke in itself. 

1 hour ago, 72barca said:

Stevie G. doesn't like the second yellow ...

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1432489-gerrard-collum-s-red-card-decision-was-an-embarrassment/?fbclid=IwAR29m9EiwUoRlvXY7whL1JNejmpqXCOxDqNW_GzhclZ2RWrlkb59I9wmAfs

Gerrard: Collum's red card decision was "an embarrassment"

Andy Coylean hour ago

The Rangers boss was angry at the decision to send off Daniel Candeias.

Steven Gerrard has slammed Willie Collum's decision to send off Daniel Candeias as "an embarrassment" and says his player did nothing to merit dismissal.

The winger, who had scored the opening goal in the 2-0 win at St Mirren, was sent off after being shown a second yellow card following Alfredo Morelos' injury-time goal.

Candeias was given his booking after shrugging off St Mirren's Anton Ferdinand when the defender put him in a headlock and appeared to try and hit him on the chin.

The Rangers star had previously been booked for leaving the field to celebrate with fans after scoring the opener.

Gerrard had no problem with that caution but said that the second booking was for nothing.

He said: "Daniel deserved his first yellow card. He was emotional and got carried away after scoring a goal.

"There was a coming together with Anton Ferdinand and he doesn't do anything other than try to get the man off."

The manager was then interrupted as footage of the incident appeared on the Simple Digital Arena media room TV and asked: "So Daniel gets a yellow card for that? Come on, lads. Be serious.

"The second yellow card is embarrassing. There is your evidence, that's what you're dealing with."

Lazy journalism yet again. That gives the impression that DC actually makes some sort of contact, or raises his hands to push off AF. DC does fuck all....no raising of his hands, no body shove/push....nothing. These cunts haven't even watch it I'll bet.

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Aye that’s right I’d forgotten that, in fact at the game I said to the misses, collum wasn’t even looking at the incident because he’d already given a foul and was dealing with that then all of a sudden books jack for something he’d not even seen. 

It's Ryan Jack, he gets booked for breathing in the wrong direction seemingly. I reckon he will end up being forced out of Scottish football.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

In the louden on duke.street :lol:

what a fucking night.

ended up in.the airport ffs

Aye mate I know ha ha I dropped you off at the orange halls on the way home, was fucking gutted I had to get home so early for work the next day, driving so early in the morning is an absolute bastard mate ha ha 

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Aberdeen for me was criminal. Morelos sending off then a penalty that had to be given but no red card, or any card, despite making no attempt to play the ball was the final straw for me.

That's why we'll never get VAR in Scotland ... 

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

There won't be, the press narrative has already began to be spread about Candeias being aggressive after Morelos' goal, this will be repeated constantly to attempt to justify Collums decision.

Collum will not be held accountable for it, I don't think anyway but would love to be wrong.

Bout time the Club got some baws in these cases and had a right go with them, our statements just fall on barren ground and they continue their constant attacks, bit like yourself don't expect anything to happen, the mhedia is in liewwells control and as you say have started the smother already. But if you let this happen continually it means you will be forever in their wake. 

18 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Lazy journalism yet again. That gives the impression that DC actually makes some sort of contact, or raises his hands to push off AF. DC does fuck all....no raising of his hands, no body shove/push....nothing. These cunts haven't even watch it I'll bet.

First thing I thought when I read it, DC did absolutely nothing, nada. After the week the press and media have made about Lennon it just shows how they deal with a Rangers player and we have to remember the coin thrown at Morelos today as well. :headwall: 

1 minute ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Bout time the Club got some baws in these cases and had a right go with them, our statements just fall on barren ground and they continue their constant attacks, bit like yourself don't expect anything to happen, the mhedia is in liewwells control and as you say have started the smother already. But if you let this happen continually it means you will be forever in their wake. 

Fair play to Steven Gerrard for coming out and calling the decision embarrassing, this should only be the start of the clubs attempts to get answers for the decision. Players get pulled up for stuff caught on tv or flagged up by the compliance officer but I don't think an official ever has?

This must be pursued as much as possible and not left to be swept under the carpet like so many other things. Gerrard has called them out before but it has changed nothing as mind-boggling decisions continue to be given against us.

30 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It's Ryan Jack, he gets booked for breathing in the wrong direction seemingly. I reckon he will end up being forced out of Scottish football.

What was his disciplinary record like at Aberdeen, same as Alfredo in Finland, it’s fuckin bollox mate, soon as you put that Blue Jersey on the cards fly.

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

What was his disciplinary record like at Aberdeen, same as Alfredo in Finland, it’s fuckin bollox mate, soon as you put that Blue Jersey on the cards fly.

Not sure what it was like but it was nowhere near what it is here. See the sending off he got for going head to head with someone last season? He done the exact same thing the previous season while playing for Aberdeen against us and never even got booked, clear double standards.

3 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Only our board to blame for that, back un the day Park Gardens would have thought long and hard about raising the ire of The Rangers.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If the world is so against us how do we ever win any game?  Or are they so clever they do enough just to irritate us? 

Yep it is paranoia when you think it’s deliberate and it isn’t. 

Tell us the infringement that earned the second Yellow? We all accept the first.

Let me save you time, you can't but you're doing your usual shit.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

We have literally reached the point where our players are being booked for being fouled, a few last season too. Let that sink in :lol:

Well we do have some supporters that vote SNP and want independence, no need for that to sink in they have been stinking the place for ages.

22 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Fair play to Steven Gerrard for coming out and calling the decision embarrassing, this should only be the start of the clubs attempts to get answers for the decision. Players get pulled up for stuff caught on tv or flagged up by the compliance officer but I don't think an official ever has?

This must be pursued as much as possible and not left to be swept under the carpet like so many other things. Gerrard has called them out before but it has changed nothing as mind-boggling decisions continue to be given against us.

Good point about being punished after the event, a card should be withdrawn if it was clearly not a card event, should work both ways.

Archived