Andy Halliday

Prso's headband

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I can't fault him for effort but he simply isn't good enough for us if we want to progress.    I'd play Wallace at left back before AH.    

Nobody is saying he should be a first choice, but as a versatile squad player he’s ideal.

He was more than good enough today standing in at left back, so unsure what the point of saying he’s not good enough is.

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I can't fault him for effort but he simply isn't good enough for us if we want to progress.    I'd play Wallace at left back before AH.    

We've no idea what Wallace would look like now in this team. I'd be interested to see how he does tbh

I’d actually have him in the middle because when Barisic is fit he’s our left back. 

He deserves to play and tries to drive us on from left back, should see what he can do further up the park. Perfect games coming up to see what he can do. 

A great squad player to have in the team 100%. Not the first name on our team sheet every week but if he keeps turning up with the performances hes delivering there is no reason he shouldn't be in the squad. When you want to be challenging for league titles you need players who can simply turn up and do a job when required. Which Halliday has done on every occasion this season. 

16 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Nobody is saying he should be a first choice, but as a versatile squad player he’s ideal.

He was more than good enough today standing in at left back, so unsure what the point of saying he’s not good enough is.

The point of saying he isn't good enough is to point out that we need better players than Halliday.    I don't rate him in any position for us for that same reason, he simply isn't good enough.    

32 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

One of few pass marks again. LB jersey is his until someone proves better.

Certainly a different player from last year . 

Not sure about LB though . I'd love to see what Lee Wallace offers , particularly going forward . 

I've been impressed by Andy this season ...he was one of our best players again today..... and he hasn't let anyone down when called upon in other matches.

His versatility and determination makes him a good squad player to have on the bench - at very least imo.

22 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The point of saying he isn't good enough is to point out that we need better players than Halliday.    I don't rate him in any position for us for that same reason, he simply isn't good enough.    

His job is to be back-up. He was good enough today as back-up. But he’s not good enough?