Andy Halliday

Prso's headband

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

His job is to be back-up. He was good enough today as back-up. But he’s not good enough?

You seem to rate him whereas I wouldn't have him anywhere near the club except as a fan.   If we wish to get back to being the best team in Scotland then we need better players than Halliday in the squad.  

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

You seem to rate him whereas I wouldn't have him anywhere near the club except as a fan.   If we wish to get back to being the best team in Scotland then we need better players than Halliday in the squad.  

We have better players than Halliday. One of them is injured, so Halliday comes in as back up. 

I’m really not sure what sort of quality you’re expecting as back-up squad players at the level we play at?

Again, his job is to play different positions, as back up, to cover for better players who aren’t available. He came in today, played better than most, and people want to talk about him not being good enough. Makes no sense to me.

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

We have better players than Halliday. One of them is injured, so Halliday comes in as back up. 

I’m really not sure what sort of quality you’re expecting as back-up squad players at the level we play at?

Again, his job is to play different positions, as back up, to cover for better players who aren’t available. He came in today, played better than most, and people want to talk about him not being good enough. Makes no sense to me.

I want better quality players than Halliday.  It's as simple as that.   

The praise he is continually getting for some outright mediocre performances is becoming ridiculous.

Not sure where the rarely gives the ball away comes from either.

But any squad needs a player or two who is accepting of playing a bit part role and he's doing an ok job when called upon

If people forgot his name was Andy Halliday and judged him on a fresh slate they'd be saying he's our best/most on form/consistent player at the moment. Deserves a run in the team he hasn't put a foot wrong going all the way back to that game he assisted a couple of goals for Middleton. 

He’s been more than decent the last few games. He deserves the appropriate praise for that. 

The fact is though the next time we have a bad result when he plays he will be slaughtered, even if it’s not his fault. A no win situation for him I feel.

The only way he will convince people otherwise is if he turns into Messi overnight, and we all know that's not happening.

He had a good second half and stood out compared to the rest of the team but to be honest that wouldn't be hard. Happy to get the three points but it was a slog at times and the team is looking jaded and out of ideas. Hope I am wrong but can't see us getting anything on Thursday in Russia we don't look a good team too many average players throughout the squad.

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

He’s been more than decent the last few games. He deserves the appropriate praise for that. 

The fact is though the next time we have a bad result when he plays he will be slaughtered, even if it’s not his fault. A no win situation for him I feel.

The only way he will convince people otherwise is if he turns into Messi overnight, and we all know that's not happening.

He could play like Messi and still wont get credit on here from some. Boy is a die hard bluenose protestant that hates the taigs , thats what bugs some on here more than anything else.......

Takes a specific type of player to keep focussed and support the team whole heartedly when not directly involved.  I think Andy is one of them and he can be trusted to come in and do a job to the best of his ability at any time.  

I reckon Gerrard treats him as one of the dressing room leaders for that very reason.  

Always the one Gerrard goes to with instructions when playing. One of very few who actually seems to do what is told of him. It's his position now until someone can prove to be better. Flanagan should be Tavs understudy until further notice, boy can't play left back and is picked out every match now. Barisic still needs to prove something for me, hasn't looked great so far. There's no one more determined or driven in our side than him.